Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why Is the Media Not Talking About This Angle?

Hey all.

I have been reading about the factors involved with hiring a coach in Minnesota. It's going to be outside then inside, no quarterback stability, blah, blah.

Why is it nobody is talking about the Wilfs? If you were a coach would you want to do business with Zygi Co? You might say that isn't fair that was real estate and this is football.

The facts are that the Wilfs are convicted criminals who willingly tried to screw over business partners and the justice system caught up to them. They made off with over 50 million in other peoples money! They were convicted of fraud and racketeering and those are the facts whether we like them or not. Our teams owners are convicted criminals.

Here is another fact. Not one coach under contract by the Wilfs finished the term of their contract. Chilli....fired and paid for a couple years. Frazier...fired and paid through next year.
    Sound appealing to a coach? You decide.

Third fact. Spielman has never found a winning quarterback period. He's swung and missed on every attempt. All his fault? No, but it is the truth.

We can then discuss the whole stadium build fiasco and the outdoor field aspect of the coaching job.

All this coupled with the fact we are in need of a lot of skill players at the moment, most notably on defense.

I hate to say it, or even think it, but we could be in the beginning stages of the dark ages in Viking football. We could be bad for years to come. God I hope not.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler
    good point. Kind of scary
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Why Is the Media Not Talking About This Angle?

Damn hope not

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    There are only 32 HC jobs in the NFL. They are coveted positions. You bring up good points (except for the outdoors for two years situation), but, I don't think the Vikes will have a problem filling the position.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Because Dan Snyder and Jimmy Haslem have such pristine saintly reputations themselves?

Ultimately it is the highest level of football and plenty of coaches will want to reach it.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    It's a civil case, not criminal. There has been no conviction. There should have been a case for criminal charges according to case documents I have read, but somehow there was only a civil suit; and I believe the statute of limitations for pursuit of criminal charges has long ago run out.
    I think a bigger concern for coaching aspirants would be putting up with the meddling and manipulation of Spielman and the Wilfs. The new coach won't have much power in the organization; which would be ok if the GM and owners would allow him to coach his way.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I have been highlighting the failings of the Wilfs - real and imagined - for about 3 years now. I am thoroughly convinced that we will NOT be able to land a quality Coach due to their perceived interference. I am further convinced that they will continue to orchestrate events to give themselves decisional power BEYOND the overall hiring of the GM (Which I agree is their right to do).

Ideally, they would collectively be removed from the Viking Front office (Mark, Leonard, and possibly young Johnathan) and their figurehead positions would instead be filled by people who understand football.

Then, perhaps a QUALITY GM could be found, and a franchise built.

This current meddling method has resulted in half-retarded coaches and failed schemes for the past 6 years.

Caine

Great. Now we have the Kluwe debacle to add to the list. Coaches will be lined up for a mile to come here. Things went from bad to worse.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Great. Now we have the Kluwe debacle to add to the list. Coaches will be lined up for a mile to come here. Things went from bad to worse.
    Nah. The Kluwe thing affects the previous administration, won't have any bearing on the new regime.

What will stop new HC's from coming here is Spielmans inability to recognize good QB's, and the Wilf's insistence on interfering in Football matters. Compared to that, kluwe is a fart in a hurricane.

Caine

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    money talks and all that other BS, is nothing to them. I agree with Caine.. Spielman is a issue..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast