Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.....

    a.
    Thor is correct, Erin isn't a MLB.
    Funny how some miss little things like that.

    :


    b.
    Why is everyone beeeeyyyyatching about Vinny or even Herron for that matter. Has there been that big of a drop off to warrant some of the criticism?


    The signing of DT is a good move by Spielman and should give us another body in the rotation but I don't look to see him starting any time soon.

    Gonna take some time for him to get back up to game shape.
    Additionally, we need Erin to get back in the rotation as well from his injury.
    Pretty soon our guys will wear down like we saw the DL wear down last year.

    Until then, get behind the backups that are doing an OK job, the two starters (Chad and Ben) who are playing thier asses off.
    My god yes! The Lions rushed for 100 yards. I think we were averaging around 50 per game. If my memory serves me correctly the Lions were in the bottom 5 for rushing as well as every other category.

  2. #22
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.....

    a.
    Thor is correct, Erin isn't a MLB.
    Funny how some miss little things like that.

    :


    b.
    Why is everyone beeeeyyyyatching about Vinny or even Herron for that matter. Has there been that big of a drop off to warrant some of the criticism?


    The signing of DT is a good move by Spielman and should give us another body in the rotation but I don't look to see him starting any time soon.

    Gonna take some time for him to get back up to game shape.
    Additionally, we need Erin to get back in the rotation as well from his injury.
    Pretty soon our guys will wear down like we saw the DL wear down last year.

    Until then, get behind the backups that are doing an OK job, the two starters (Chad and Ben) who are playing thier asses off.
    My god yes! The Lions rushed for 100 yards. I think we were averaging around 50 per game. If my memory serves me correctly the Lions were in the bottom 5 for rushing as well as every other category.
    True they had 100 yards or so but 1/2 came on 1 play at the end of the 1st half.
    They didn't do badly other than that 1 play.

  3. #23
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Erin is not a MLB from what I remember.
    OLB

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    I wouldn't mind seeing Leber continue to take Henderson's spot as the Nickel LB... as for MLB, I'd like to know if Brian Robison could possibly fill in there.

    Most of you probably think he's too slow, but he did do track at Texas too... the guys legs are huge, which gives him that speedy burst off the line. I mean, maybe not a permanent solution, but I'd like to see it happen and watch the result.

    The guy is a beast, get him on the field.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #25
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.....

    a.
    Thor is correct, Erin isn't a MLB.
    Funny how some miss little things like that.

    :


    b.
    Why is everyone beeeeyyyyatching about Vinny or even Herron for that matter. Has there been that big of a drop off to warrant some of the criticism?


    The signing of DT is a good move by Spielman and should give us another body in the rotation but I don't look to see him starting any time soon.

    Gonna take some time for him to get back up to game shape.
    Additionally, we need Erin to get back in the rotation as well from his injury.
    Pretty soon our guys will wear down like we saw the DL wear down last year.

    Until then, get behind the backups that are doing an OK job, the two starters (Chad and Ben) who are playing thier asses off.
    My god yes! The Lions rushed for 100 yards. I think we were averaging around 50 per game. If my memory serves me correctly the Lions were in the bottom 5 for rushing as well as every other category.
    True they had 100 yards or so but 1/2 came on 1 play at the end of the 1st half.
    They didn't do badly other than that 1 play.
    I don't want to sound like an ass but I dislike that argument. They got the yards and that is all that matters. I had a TJ man lover say the same thing to me yesterday about Gus. He mentioned that that one play to Bernard for 86 was almost 1/3 of Frerottes yards. I don't care. The point is that he found his man and both combined to make one hell of a play. Yards are yards no matter how they come.

  6. #26
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "C" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Leber continue to take Henderson's spot as the Nickel LB... as for MLB, I'd like to know if Brian Robison could possibly fill in there.

    Most of you probably think he's too slow, but he did do track at Texas too... the guys legs are huge, which gives him that speedy burst off the line. I mean, maybe not a permanent solution, but I'd like to see it happen and watch the result.

    The guy is a beast, get him on the field.



    Idk if he can make NFL reads or not

    It's much harder mentally playing linebacker then it is on the line

  7. #27
    delviking's Avatar
    delviking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    cumming GA
    Posts
    233

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    DT was the primary backup last year for all three spot never understood why we let him slip out to FA but with him back and Erin hopefully back to full soon we should be alright at LB.
    Vinny is just horrid when asked to play in the D but he was a decent special teamer last year but thats his career style of play and his talent level.

    Erin will hopefully be back soon and be flying over the field giving us a preview of years to come.
    Herron has done alright hs is just one a one year pro who has from what has been seen marginal talent.
    but we should be alright and all the Backers get playing time and hopefully get better.

  8. #28
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    I've got to agree with Marrdro here...Leber and Greenway have been tearing it up, especially Leber, and while I do think EJ would have stuffed a few more runs for losses, we really haven't seen a very big drop off in our defense with Herron's and Ciurciu's play!
    However, when DT was last here, he was the No.1 backup at all three LB positions...I think it is only a matter of time till he is starting at one of them.
    Hopefully, his presence helps out our ST coverage too!
    Either personally, or personel wise, opening up Herron and/or Vinnie to be fresher on the STs.

    DT ran a 4.6 40 and weighs in around 6'2"
    240+ lbs.
    That is pretty fast for a big guy.


    I like Robison too, but I don't think he's ready to play LB.
    I'd just like to see him get a few more reps...both sides, and maybe even an all attack package like the Gints used to win the superbowl.
    Line up our DL a bit more spread, and bring the house with Robison, Ray, K Will, and Allen...assuming our MLB can handle the RB if they decide to run on third and long.
    Maybe even put a S on coverage and bring a CB from outside too
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.....

    a.
    Thor is correct, Erin isn't a MLB.
    Funny how some miss little things like that.

    :


    b.
    Why is everyone beeeeyyyyatching about Vinny or even Herron for that matter. Has there been that big of a drop off to warrant some of the criticism?


    The signing of DT is a good move by Spielman and should give us another body in the rotation but I don't look to see him starting any time soon.

    Gonna take some time for him to get back up to game shape.
    Additionally, we need Erin to get back in the rotation as well from his injury.
    Pretty soon our guys will wear down like we saw the DL wear down last year.

    Until then, get behind the backups that are doing an OK job, the two starters (Chad and Ben) who are playing thier dimply buttocks off.
    My god yes! The Lions rushed for 100 yards. I think we were averaging around 50 per game. If my memory serves me correctly the Lions were in the bottom 5 for rushing as well as every other category.
    True they had 100 yards or so but 1/2 came on 1 play at the end of the 1st half.
    They didn't do badly other than that 1 play.
    I don't want to sound like an jiggly butt but I dislike that argument. They got the yards and that is all that matters. I had a TJ man lover say the same thing to me yesterday about Gus. He mentioned that that one play to Bernard for 86 was almost 1/3 of Frerottes yards. I don't care. The point is that he found his man and both combined to make one hell of a play. Yards are yards no matter how they come.
    Problem is with a backup in there wouldn't you expect to see some degradation in play?

    As far as I am concerned my original statement is still on track.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: why isn't erin henderson replacing his brother as starting MLB?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Two things.....

    a.
    Thor is correct, Erin isn't a MLB.
    Funny how some miss little things like that.

    :


    b.
    Why is everyone beeeeyyyyatching about Vinny or even Herron for that matter. Has there been that big of a drop off to warrant some of the criticism?


    The signing of DT is a good move by Spielman and should give us another body in the rotation but I don't look to see him starting any time soon.

    Gonna take some time for him to get back up to game shape.
    Additionally, we need Erin to get back in the rotation as well from his injury.
    Pretty soon our guys will wear down like we saw the DL wear down last year.

    Until then, get behind the backups that are doing an OK job, the two starters (Chad and Ben) who are playing thier dimply buttocks off.
    My god yes! The Lions rushed for 100 yards. I think we were averaging around 50 per game. If my memory serves me correctly the Lions were in the bottom 5 for rushing as well as every other category.
    True they had 100 yards or so but 1/2 came on 1 play at the end of the 1st half.
    They didn't do badly other than that 1 play.
    I don't want to sound like an jiggly butt but I dislike that argument. They got the yards and that is all that matters. I had a TJ man lover say the same thing to me yesterday about Gus. He mentioned that that one play to Bernard for 86 was almost 1/3 of Frerottes yards. I don't care. The point is that he found his man and both combined to make one hell of a play. Yards are yards no matter how they come.
    Problem is with a backup in there wouldn't you expect to see some degradation in play?

    As far as I am concerned my original statement is still on track.
    Some degradation, yes. Double the average is a big drop off IMO against one of the worst rushing teams.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Erin Henderson Signs RFA Tender
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 05:47 PM
  2. Erin Henderson suspended four games
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 02:10 PM
  3. Erin Henderson Waived
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 06:10 AM
  4. Erin Henderson (OLB) - E.J.'s younger brother
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 01:58 PM
  5. Erin Henderson
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 10:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •