Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why I trust our FO on the Williamson pick

the front office had a nice draft last year. udeze, DT, scott, moore, i forgot the others.

You can't really blame the front office for taking a chance on Smith. He had some of the same knocks against him that Moss did and Moss look at the production they got out of him. Even if we never see Smith again, he helped get us through last year and back into the playoffs so he was an alright pick in the 4th round. That's just my $.02

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

It's hard to question any of our recent drafts. Really when you think about it, in hindsight, only Andre Johnson should have been taken before Burleson. Burleson is the equal of Charles Johnson, Anquan Boldin, or any of the other WR's taken above him.

muchluv is right, we need to give THIS draft class time to pan out before judging it. There is no doubt that our biggest need was a SPEED wide receiver (we already had possession). I read recently that Williamson ran a 4.2 - 40 at the combine. Tice and Studwell started looking closer at this guy, and his circumstances (lousy QB..., running offense, etc.) and decided it was a risk worth taking.

On draft day I was yelling for Mike Williams louder than anyone else (I was at the draft party). When Williamson was picked I was one of those that boo'ed, and yelled, "REACH". In hindsight, after considering my trust in Tice and Studwell, I am now resolved to let the pick pan out before passing further judgement.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"SKOL" wrote:
    It's hard to question any of our recent drafts. Really when you think about it in hindsight only Andre Johnson should have been taken before Burleson. Burleson is the equal of Charles Johnson, Anquan Boldin, or any of the other WR's taken above him.

muchluv is right, we need to give THIS draft class time to pan out before judging it. There is no doubt that our biggest need was a speed wide receiver. I read recently that Williamson ran a 4.2 - 40 at the combine. Tice and Studwell started looking closer at this guy, and his circumstances (lousy QB..., running offense, etc.) and decided it was a risk worth taking.

On draft day I was yelling for Mike Williams louder than anyone else (I was at the draft party). When Williamson was picked I was one of those that boo'ed, and yelled, "REACH". In hindsight, after considering my trust in Tice and Studwell, I am now resolved to let the pick pan out before passing judgement.
    Well put.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I was one of the few guys saying get Williamson, you remember, the guy everyone told to shut up. I'm glad to see people being open minded and giving Williamson a chance though. I honestly think he'll work out for us.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

With the way T. Taylor has played in TC we don't need Mike Williams. Might as well go with the speed guy. If Taylor and Robinson play like crap, we might regret not getting Williams for an immediate #2. I just don't see that being the case, so Troy is a good long term pick. Like I've said on a daily basis, the one thing Tice can do is draft the right guys.

[color=red]

"MensaTice" wrote:
    With the way T. Taylor has played in TC we don't need Mike Williams. Might as well go with the speed guy. If Taylor and Robinson play like crap, we might regret not getting Williams for an immediate #2. I just don't see that being the case, so Troy is a good long term pick. Like I've said on a daily basis, the one thing Tice can do is draft the right guys.
    I am so exited to see him play. He was the steal of the offseason.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    Randy Moss was the biggest steal of the offseason.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

"fred3105" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    Randy Moss was the biggest steal of the offseason.
    Let's not go there :shock: :lol:

We got Travis Taylor for Nothing

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

It was hard to see Randy go, but I think most would agree that we'll be a better TEAM with him gone.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast