Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why I think we win 11 games this year?

"Del" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    [quote author=vikingivan link=topic=34162.msg579022#msg579022 date=1178901856]
    There is not a great team in the NFC.
    Our Defense will be better than last and keep us in games.
    We are going to wear out the oposition with a bruising running and short passing game.
    We will sweep the Pack and the Lions, and split with the Bears.
    Longwell will have win three games on last second kick
    It happens every year, I start to believe again.
    Chili is going to prove me wrong.
    He is going to do an exceptional job.
    1) There is a team that is fresh off a superbowl appearance.
    2) We have a new defensive coaching staff no sure thing.
    3) If we can move the chains sure, if we go for 3 yard gains on 3rd and 7's then no.
    4) I doubt it
    5) ok what about the other 8 games
    6) That is a good thing.
    7) LMAO
    1. That only means they will go down now
    2. I believe in any guy named Leslie
    3. The key is to be better on 1st and 2nd down, which I'm sure the coaches are aware of.
    4. But it could still happen
    5. We're going to win huge apparently
    6. Most fans does that this time of year
    7. Yihaa
    1) Or up
    2) The only thing I would trust a guy named Leslie for is a haircut
    3) Where they not aware of that last year?
    4) I doubt it
    5) That would be a nice change of pace.
    6) Yes they do even me. I agree.
    7) LOLLERSKATES
    1. according to statistics Superbowl losers go down.
    2. Your loss, or your hairs
    3. We seriously can't get that many penalties again
    4. So do I but fuck that
    5. It would
    6. Crazy
    7. Jeg dør af grin over det her
    1) According to statistics two of our members here will die from bee stings this year.
    2) Better to trust a hairstylist with a woman name, then a defensive cordinator with one
    3) Convincing lol, but I am sure we can if we put our mind to it.
    4) Fuck what? Choose your words carefully.
    5) We pretty much killed this one not much to go off of.
    6) Whats surprises you more, I am optimistic or I wear womans underwear?
    7) I think you told me to Jog my grin over to her.....Im not sure I dont speak Spanish
    [/quote]

1. Win-win
    2. But not nearly as fun
    3. We simply have to. If pass-rush is the big focus on D, this is it on Offense
    4. No I won't
    5. I agree. And wouldn't we all just love to have more of those games with 30+ scores for the Vikes?
    6. The optimism, it's not like you at all.
    7. You knew it weren't Spanish.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Why I think we win 11 games this year?
    Because the Vikes are #1 point blank. Anyone disagree then your not a true fan. sure we came off a rough 2006 year but look at the saints, came off a 3-13 year and made it to the playoffs the next year. It may not be 11 wins but dam sure we will have a winning record and make the playoffs. Call me crazy if you want but im a fan and there is nothing that will make me think we will have a bad year this year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I love the optimism!

The offseason should be filled with optimism and excitement!
    As of right now, we are tied for first.
    The Bears aren't nearly as good as their record last year indicated, nor are we as bad as ours did.

If we end up going 11-5 or better this year, I will buy vikingivan a new jersey of his choice, just for not being scared to be a homer in the offseason! ;D
    Alright, Vikingvan and I will hold you to that!
    ;D

I finally got my blind homerism goggles out of the closet yesterday.
    Mine just aren't as thick as some others.
    I am very pleased with the draft this year and it really turned the tide for me on my outlook for 2007.
    Even though most rookies don't step up and help out all that much, I still have my hopes up.
    By all means, hold me to it!
    I don't mind spending <$100 in exchange for an 11-5 season.
    Hell, I've spent more than that in beer for a single game...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    Because the Vikes are #1 point blank. Anyone disagree then your not a true fan. sure we came off a rough 2006 year but look at the saints, came off a 3-13 year and made it to the playoffs the next year. It may not be 11 wins but dam sure we will have a winning record and make the playoffs. Call me crazy if you want but im a fan and there is nothing that will make me think we will have a bad year this year.
    The Saints games were fixed by the commisioner due to the hurricane. The commish doesn't like Minnesota.

I'm not a true fan. But I would have to say the Vikings will win around 16 games this year if asked this early in the year!

Honestly 6-10 is more likely than 10-6 with all the question marks and tough schedule.

But anything is possible. I remain an optomist.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

The Saints games were fixed by the commisioner due to the hurricane. The commish doesn't like Minnesota.

I'm not a true fan. But I would have to say the Vikings will win around 16 games this year if asked this early in the year!

Honestly 6-10 is more likely than 10-6 with all the question marks and tough schedule.

I'm sorry, but that theory is hairbrained and retarded.

There are perfectly good FOOTBALL explanations as to why the Saints were so much better. First of all, they had been one of the most underperforming teams in the league for a long time, so they had the talent but no coaching. Once they got a decent coaching staff they took off. Second, they acquired Reggie Bush who helped take the load off of Deuce McAllister, helped open up the passing game and totally revolutionized their offense and special teams. Third, they picked up Drew Brees who prior to being let go by San Diego had been a very solid quarterback. Fourth, they had Marques Colston who was the SOD and provided a great option opposite of Joe Horn.

Also, the entire notion that NFL football games are fixed is ridiculous. Could a game be fixed? Sure. Could the refs/players be paid off? Sure. I think Neil O'Donnell was paid off to throw INTs in the Super Bowl against the 'Boys, and I think the refs were paid off to blow calls against the Seahawks in '06, but the notion that an ENTIRE professional football season could be fixed without someone blowing the whistle is absurd, and that's disregarding the moral/logistial aspects of it.

Finally, why the hell would they have fixed the games because of Katrina THIS year? The hurricane happened just before the season prior to this one. It would have made much more sense to make a political statement immediately after the hurricanes.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

I think our defense is a little overrated. Team will continue scorching us in the secondary (we hardly did anything to improve that area), and our run defense should be solid but nothing like last year (don't forget, we lost Napo, even though he wasn't a star he was solid).

We will go 7-9, but grab the division title in a dramatic tiebreaking week 15 victory over the Chicago Bears with ADub picking off Grossman and laterals to Sharper who laterals to Kevin Williams, who runs over 4 Bear defenders for the game winning TD.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

In all seriousness, we play the AFCW and NFCE. That alone should tell us that our record will not be very good.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"duvaldomo" wrote:

or your a rational fan. yeah i know theres such a thing. there a dying breed
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    Please, please, please, please, PLEASE do not pull out the true fan BS.

The whole "true fan" argument is fricken' retarded.

Who gives a rats ass if someone else is a true fan? I don't.

I root for the Vikings and everyone else can go to hell.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

I'm sorry, but that theory is hairbrained and Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.

There are perfectly good FOOTBALL explanations as to why the Saints were so much better. First of all, they had been one of the most underperforming teams in the league for a long time, so they had the talent but no coaching. Once they got a decent coaching staff they took off. Second, they acquired Reggie Bush who helped take the load off of Deuce McAllister, helped open up the passing game and totally revolutionized their offense and special teams. Third, they picked up Drew Brees who prior to being let go by San Diego had been a very solid quarterback. Fourth, they had Marques Colston who was the SOD and provided a great option opposite of Joe Horn.

Also, the entire notion that NFL football games are fixed is ridiculous. Could a game be fixed? Sure. Could the refs/players be paid off? Sure. I think Neil O'Donnell was paid off to throw INTs in the Super Bowl against the 'Boys, and I think the refs were paid off to blow calls against the Seahawks in '06, but the notion that an ENTIRE professional football season could be fixed without someone blowing the whistle is absurd, and that's disregarding the moral/logistial aspects of it.

Finally, why the hell would they have fixed the games because of Katrina THIS year? The hurricane happened just before the season prior to this one. It would have made much more sense to make a political statement immediately after the hurricanes.

That's funny! I can't believe you took that seriously. Really. It's so absurd I never thought anyone would see it as anything but the joke it was meant to be.
    Sorry!
    Peace!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast