StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Why I think MN can win it all

This might sound a bit crazy, but here are the reasons I think we can go all the way this year:

a. Turnovers. We are nr. 2 in the NFL in interceptions, and we are very high in overall turnovers. In our 6-game win streak, we are very, very positive in takeaway/turnover ratio. With parity being what it is in the NFL, turnovers are very critical, because they often mean the difference between winning and losing close games. Turnovers/takeaways are also a barometer of how the team is focusing, and how aggressive they are.

b. Secondary. I can't prove it, but I feel strongly that to win a Super Bowl in the NFL these days, you have to have a very strong secondary. This one is related to a. above, and I think we have it. We have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. If you look at teams that have won Super Bowls, they all have strong secondaries, at least in the last 5 or 6 years: Ravens, Bucs, Patriots, etc.

Of course, you have to have a decent front 7 on defense, and then you have to have at least an "ok" offense. But when the Ravens and Bucs won their Super bowls, they didn't have great offenses. They did have very solid secondaries with playmakers and very positive takeaway/turnover ratios.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why I think MN can win it all

thats true but the ravens and bucs defenses were stupendous...maybe our team can be related to the 2001 patriots.

Prophet Guest

It's possible. The Ravens had Dilfer as their QB and the Bucs had who? Oh yeah, a guy that goes by the name of Brad Johnson. Yep, possible.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I would be very happy to see your theory come to fruition...the chances are very slim...but you never know!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE