Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121
  1. #101
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "slavinator" wrote:
    I have said this a million times on this site.
    It angers me to no end to see and hear the apathy of our fan base with regard to a team that goes 10-6.
    We all make pre-season predictions every year and by and large the consensus was that this team was a 9-7 or 10-6 team.
    Yet the moment we hit a rough spot the boo birds come out, people stop going to games, heck we needed 2 extensions to sell out the playoff game.
    I have moved out of MN but travel back every year for the home game against the Pack.
    I also pay good money for an away game every year.
    We have a team that is on the verge of something great, despite all the obvious shortfalls (QB, ST play, lack of Offensive production,
    lowest revenue team in the league) yet we as a fan base cannot seem to unite.

    Look, I know that we all care for the Vikes but what happened to "Purple Pride" (Probably the only thing the McCombs era left us), or "we bleed purple"?
    My take is that young (I'm 34) or old this is a team to be proud of.
    While I dont like many of the moves we make etc this is MY TEAM.
    I will not waiver in that.
    I live in AZ now and see what Cardinal fans have gone through and while many are bandwagon as we had from the 98-00 years, there are some die hards.
    Those people got a stadium deal done when AZ had a massive deficit and played in a terrible site.
    They also endured alot........I mean alot, of baaaaad football.

    I recall a stat that since something like 1980 something the Vikes have one of the best winning percentages in the league.
    I do not understand the level of distain either unless it is out of love in some weird way.
    The fact is we all need to band together and support these guys.
    Now I dont like the Rosenfels trade, not making any changes to the staff (aside from those who have left), blah, blah, blah but I will bleed purple til the day I die; and that is the pure and simple truth!

    I think alot of ppl are getting worked up about nothing... just bc u complain about the moves your team makes or get upset about how they can't throw the football or they should do this or that... does not make you any less of a fan than those that dance with the lillies with purple shades on...

    Your a fan because you watch your team and stay unwaivered in rooting for only the Vikings and no other team...

    that's the entire point!!.. You want the best out of your team.. complaining or thinking negatively doens't make u any less of a fan than those that dont'... what unites us is the fact that we ALL root for the same team... that's what makes you a fan..

    I remember when i was little and the 49ers were playing the Broncos in the superbowl.. we were eating sushi and this guy said he put about $1,000 on the 49ers but he was a Broncos fan...
    I said to my dad.. why would he bet on the 9ers when the Broncos are his favorite team..?? i didn't understand at the time..

    But what i realized is that he was just being smart and objective even though he was a fan.. he realized the 9ers were a better team and I'm sure he'd gladly loose that $1,000 if the broncos won, but on the other hand was sure as hell happy his bet came through..

    that's what alot of the ppl on this site think like... if your a fan you can't be objective and say we have a bad coach, a bad team, bad play calling... that's just ridiculous... ppl are fans in different ways.. they just want the best for their team...

    Saying you can't be objective is like saying your parents can't be critical of you... when you know good and well they love you...

    its just stupid... the only thing that makes ppl not fans is when they say fuck the vikings i'm rooting for the eagles and then go root for them....

    you think the yankees fans or the ny giants, or the celtics or Redsox
    or steelers or eagles, fans aren't fans... they will boo their team in a second!!


    so please stop with all this your not a fan if you do this or that bullshit.. it's stupid...

  2. #102
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "slavinator" wrote:
    I have said this a million times on this site.
    It angers me to no end to see and hear the apathy of our fan base with regard to a team that goes 10-6.
    We all make pre-season predictions every year and by and large the consensus was that this team was a 9-7 or 10-6 team.
    Yet the moment we hit a rough spot the boo birds come out, people stop going to games, heck we needed 2 extensions to sell out the playoff game.
    I have moved out of MN but travel back every year for the home game against the Pack.
    I also pay good money for an away game every year.
    We have a team that is on the verge of something great, despite all the obvious shortfalls (QB, ST play, lack of Offensive production,
    lowest revenue team in the league) yet we as a fan base cannot seem to unite.

    Look, I know that we all care for the Vikes but what happened to "Purple Pride" (Probably the only thing the McCombs era left us), or "we bleed purple"?
    My take is that young (I'm 34) or old this is a team to be proud of.
    While I dont like many of the moves we make etc this is MY TEAM.
    I will not waiver in that.
    I live in AZ now and see what Cardinal fans have gone through and while many are bandwagon as we had from the 98-00 years, there are some die hards.
    Those people got a stadium deal done when AZ had a massive deficit and played in a terrible site.
    They also endured alot........I mean alot, of baaaaad football.

    I recall a stat that since something like 1980 something the Vikes have one of the best winning percentages in the league.
    I do not understand the level of distain either unless it is out of love in some weird way.
    The fact is we all need to band together and support these guys.
    Now I dont like the Rosenfels trade, not making any changes to the staff (aside from those who have left), blah, blah, blah but I will bleed purple til the day I die; and that is the pure and simple truth!

    I think alot of ppl are getting worked up about nothing... just bc u complain about the moves your team makes or get upset about how they can't throw the football or they should do this or that... does not make you any less of a fan than those that dance with the lillies with purple shades on...

    Your a fan because you watch your team and stay unwaivered in rooting for only the Vikings and no other team...

    that's the entire point!!.. You want the best out of your team.. complaining or thinking negatively doens't make u any less of a fan than those that dont'... what unites us is the fact that we ALL root for the same team... that's what makes you a fan..

    I remember when i was little and the 49ers were playing the Broncos in the superbowl.. we were eating sushi and this guy said he put about $1,000 on the 49ers but he was a Broncos fan...
    I said to my dad.. why would he bet on the 9ers when the Broncos are his favorite team..?? i didn't understand at the time..

    But what i realized is that he was just being smart and objective even though he was a fan.. he realized the 9ers were a better team and I'm sure he'd gladly loose that $1,000 if the broncos won, but on the other hand was sure as hell happy his bet came through..

    that's what alot of the ppl on this site think like... if your a fan you can't be objective and say we have a bad coach, a bad team, bad play calling... that's just ridiculous... ppl are fans in different ways.. they just want the best for their team...

    Saying you can't be objective is like saying your parents can't be critical of you... when you know good and well they love you...

    its just stupid... the only thing that makes ppl not fans is when they say floop the vikings i'm rooting for the eagles and then go root for them....

    you think the yankees fans or the ny giants, or the celtics or Redsox
    or steelers or eagles, fans aren't fans... they will boo their team in a second!!


    so please stop with all this your not a fan if you do this or that kaka del rio.. it's stupid...
    I dont have a problem with the fans booing at times, but I was at the Vikingvs Panthers game with the wife and kids and one of the first plays of the game when Shanco got blownup and dropped a pass the boo birds came out in full force.
    It was the beginning of the game for crying out loud, yes i understand Shanco was not playing well in the beginning but give me a break.
    I had to explain to the kids that some fans want perfection on every play of every game, it was a great experience for the kids at their first Vikings game.
    :

  3. #103
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    Luckily for other pro sports teams Minnesota is infact the only team with fans who boo or are overly negative.
    :

  4. #104
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "Schutz" wrote:
    Luckily for other pro sports teams Minnesota is infact the only team with fans who boo or are overly negative.

    :
    Who said that?

  5. #105
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Luckily for other pro sports teams Minnesota is infact the only team with fans who boo or are overly negative.

    :
    Who said that?

    Have u been to a game?

    Fuck we boo during our home opener haha

    Atleast Cowboys wait til the last game

  6. #106
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "V4L" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Luckily for other pro sports teams Minnesota is infact the only team with fans who boo or are overly negative.

    :
    Who said that?

    Have u been to a game?

    floop we boo during our home opener haha

    Atleast Cowboys wait til the last game
    Scroll to the top of the page and read my other post.

  7. #107
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    Gotcha

    Our fans are lil bitches


  8. #108
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    Even saw lil 2 year old kids booing.. It's pathetic


  9. #109
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Luckily for other pro sports teams Minnesota is infact the only team with fans who boo or are overly negative.

    :
    Who said that?
    I did, right above your quote actually.
    I am bad about being negative at times.
    But it isn't so much Minnesota fans are so cynical, it's the same way around the league.
    Fans watch high paid athletes while wearing high priced merchandise are usually disappointed with any losing.
    It's a frustration based out of the fact as a fan they can do nothing to change anything yet their team still doesn't win a championship and they feel their should be changes.
    It's the same way with people who have little control over their job or other aspects of life tend to complain.
    Only one team wins the big prize every year leaving all the other fan bases disappointed on different levels.
    Especially losing a superbowl or NFC championship and then watching a team slip away and that feeling that the team was somehow mismanaged or screwed.
    That's how heroes become villains and good times become a touchy subject.


    The real question should have been why all sports fans are cynical.
    Which I think I touched on.

    Not to mention the actual Vikings fans who haven't won a super bowl since.........well we haven't won one.

  10. #110
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "slavinator" wrote:
    I have said this a million times on this site.
    It angers me to no end to see and hear the apathy of our fan base with regard to a team that goes 10-6.
    We all make pre-season predictions every year and by and large the consensus was that this team was a 9-7 or 10-6 team.
    Yet the moment we hit a rough spot the boo birds come out, people stop going to games, heck we needed 2 extensions to sell out the playoff game.
    I have moved out of MN but travel back every year for the home game against the Pack.
    I also pay good money for an away game every year.
    We have a team that is on the verge of something great, despite all the obvious shortfalls (QB, ST play, lack of Offensive production,
    lowest revenue team in the league) yet we as a fan base cannot seem to unite.

    Look, I know that we all care for the Vikes but what happened to "Purple Pride" (Probably the only thing the McCombs era left us), or "we bleed purple"?
    My take is that young (I'm 34) or old this is a team to be proud of.
    While I dont like many of the moves we make etc this is MY TEAM.
    I will not waiver in that.
    I live in AZ now and see what Cardinal fans have gone through and while many are bandwagon as we had from the 98-00 years, there are some die hards.
    Those people got a stadium deal done when AZ had a massive deficit and played in a terrible site.
    They also endured alot........I mean alot, of baaaaad football.

    I recall a stat that since something like 1980 something the Vikes have one of the best winning percentages in the league.
    I do not understand the level of distain either unless it is out of love in some weird way.
    The fact is we all need to band together and support these guys.
    Now I dont like the Rosenfels trade, not making any changes to the staff (aside from those who have left), blah, blah, blah but I will bleed purple til the day I die; and that is the pure and simple truth!

    I think alot of ppl are getting worked up about nothing... just bc u complain about the moves your team makes or get upset about how they can't throw the football or they should do this or that... does not make you any less of a fan than those that dance with the lillies with purple shades on...

    Your a fan because you watch your team and stay unwaivered in rooting for only the Vikings and no other team...

    that's the entire point!!.. You want the best out of your team.. complaining or thinking negatively doens't make u any less of a fan than those that dont'... what unites us is the fact that we ALL root for the same team... that's what makes you a fan..

    I remember when i was little and the 49ers were playing the Broncos in the superbowl.. we were eating sushi and this guy said he put about $1,000 on the 49ers but he was a Broncos fan...
    I said to my dad.. why would he bet on the 9ers when the Broncos are his favorite team..?? i didn't understand at the time..

    But what i realized is that he was just being smart and objective even though he was a fan.. he realized the 9ers were a better team and I'm sure he'd gladly loose that $1,000 if the broncos won, but on the other hand was sure as hell happy his bet came through..

    that's what alot of the ppl on this site think like... if your a fan you can't be objective and say we have a bad coach, a bad team, bad play calling... that's just ridiculous... ppl are fans in different ways.. they just want the best for their team...

    Saying you can't be objective is like saying your parents can't be critical of you... when you know good and well they love you...

    its just stupid... the only thing that makes ppl not fans is when they say floop the vikings i'm rooting for the eagles and then go root for them....

    you think the yankees fans or the ny giants, or the celtics or Redsox
    or steelers or eagles, fans aren't fans... they will boo their team in a second!!


    so please stop with all this your not a fan if you do this or that kaka del rio.. it's stupid...
    I dont have a problem with the fans booing at times, but I was at the Vikingvs Panthers game with the wife and kids and one of the first plays of the game when Shanco got blownup and dropped a pass the boo birds came out in full force.
    It was the beginning of the game for crying out loud, yes i understand Shanco was not playing well in the beginning but give me a break.

    I had to explain to the kids that some fans want perfection on every play of every game, it was a great experience for the kids at their first Vikings game.

    :
    Other fans pay money to be in those seats. They have every right to do as they wish unless it is offensive. You don't like it, stay home.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: Why have Viking fans become so cynical?
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 07:22 AM
  3. All viking fans
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:13 PM
  4. Viking fans
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 01:44 AM
  5. Why Are We Viking Fans?
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 01:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •