Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

WHY HAS RED NOT GIVEN TICE AN EXTENSION?

Vikings fans have to have a bad memory, lol.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Tice has yet to have earned a big contract. the coaching in my mind was the biggest reason for last year's breakdown.
    I was one of the people screaming for Tice's head last year after the last game, in fact that was when and why I joined this thread.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"RK" wrote:
    What I find so interesting is that most Viking boards, or even articles about the Vikings, rarely ever mention the late-season collapse last year. Yeah, they'll mention the Arizona game once in a while, but not nearly as overly-critical as the Packer play, where they are over-diagramming the play and finding exactly who was out of position, etc. etc.
    I think its totally understandable why the packers are obsessed with this play. It was the best play that they had all year. :P Its the one that got them to the playoffs. Gawd knows they didn't get there because of their play all season. :bootyshake:

I think LA meant that the packers fans were still obsessed over the 4th down play against the eagles, and not ours against the cards. Yet we as vikes fans, have moved on and don't talk about our 4th down collapse.

In the NFL today, you have to be able to forget what happened the year before. In the league today, you can go from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best, or from the best to the worst. For this reason, we focus on our new team and what we think they can do this year.

Also, I think all us vikes fans knew that even if we would have stopped the cards on that play and made the playoffs, we still didn't have the defense to do anything in the playoffs. It is kind of different to pack fans, who think they had a shot at going to the super bowl if they would have beat the eagles. Also, I am damn happy we got udeze and dontarrious in rounds 1 and 2 of the draft, and we wouldn't have been able to get either of them if we would have made the playoffs, the pack probably would have taken both of them.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Oh that 4th down play. LOL I really shouldn't post before coffee. I guess I haven't quite gotten over the Cards game last year and assumed no one else had either. My bad.

WWBGD

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

I thinkt he reason our play wasnt being over-annalized was because we didnt play it incorrectly. it was a very lucky play for 'zona. i bet 7 out of 10 refs would have said that Nathan ppole was going out of bounds from his on momentum not because of the defenders. i think that the only way the vikes could have made that play better would be to pressure mccown better and to have intercepted that stupid pass...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Tice has yet to have earned a big contract. the coaching in my mind was the biggest reason for last year's breakdown.
    I was one of the people screaming for Tice's head last year after the last game, in fact that was when and why I joined this thread.
    according to your joined date your not lying. after that game i didn't do anything all day i think i stayed in my room and slept and ate cookies for the most part

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't think I talked to anybody until the next night and that was just to tell them to get out of the bathroom because I had to piss!! That game was severly depressing!! Still hurts thinking about it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I will give you one interesting tidbit about both Packer and Viking camps.

The Packer boards still tend to mention 4th and 26 on a daily basis. Most of the articles about the Packer refer to it also. Its kind of a haunting, monkey-on-the-back kind of thing.

What I find so interesting is that most Viking boards, or even articles about the Vikings, rarely ever mention the late-season collapse last year. Yeah, they'll mention the Arizona game once in a while, but not nearly as overlly-critical as the Packer play, where they are over-diagramming the play and finding exactly who was out of position, etc. etc.

I do think the Packers, the fans, and the media are way overplaying that.

However, I think the Vikes, their fans, and their media have a very short-term memory, as shown by the title of this thread. Not saying one is better than the other, though. Hopefully for you guys, Caveman Tice is actually thinking about it.

4th and 26 underscored what was a weakness all season...4th quarter comebacks by the other team, and defensive letdowns. I just hope we don't concentrate so much on stopping 4th and a mile instead of stopping 3rd and 7. Sherman is a little anal retentive and just might do that.
    I think part of it has to do with the fact that the Vikings fourth down colapse can easily be attributed to the refs making a bad call. It was a close play where the reciever seemed to be heading out of bounds. However, it was judged that he would have come down in bounds. Vikings fans can shout, in unison, "the refs screwed us!" Passing the buck takes quite a bit of the sting out. We all know that it never should have gotten to that point, and I'm sure the coaches and staff of the Vikings are making sure that it won't happen again, but we can put the final blame on something outside the team's control. Packer fans have no one to blame but the failure of their own team, on what should have been an easy stop. It's kind of like having a fast-break slam dunk rejected by the rim. There's no easy release for something like that.

"josdin00" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    I will give you one interesting tidbit about both Packer and Viking camps.

The Packer boards still tend to mention 4th and 26 on a daily basis. Most of the articles about the Packer refer to it also. Its kind of a haunting, monkey-on-the-back kind of thing.

What I find so interesting is that most Viking boards, or even articles about the Vikings, rarely ever mention the late-season collapse last year. Yeah, they'll mention the Arizona game once in a while, but not nearly as overlly-critical as the Packer play, where they are over-diagramming the play and finding exactly who was out of position, etc. etc.

I do think the Packers, the fans, and the media are way overplaying that.

However, I think the Vikes, their fans, and their media have a very short-term memory, as shown by the title of this thread. Not saying one is better than the other, though. Hopefully for you guys, Caveman Tice is actually thinking about it.

4th and 26 underscored what was a weakness all season...4th quarter comebacks by the other team, and defensive letdowns. I just hope we don't concentrate so much on stopping 4th and a mile instead of stopping 3rd and 7. Sherman is a little anal retentive and just might do that.
    I think part of it has to do with the fact that the Vikings fourth down colapse can easily be attributed to the refs making a bad call. It was a close play where the reciever seemed to be heading out of bounds. However, it was judged that he would have come down in bounds. Vikings fans can shout, in unison, "the refs screwed us!" Passing the buck takes quite a bit of the sting out. We all know that it never should have gotten to that point, and I'm sure the coaches and staff of the Vikings are making sure that it won't happen again, but we can put the final blame on something outside the team's control. Packer fans have no one to blame but the failure of their own team, on what should have been an easy stop. It's kind of like having a fast-break slam dunk rejected by the rim. There's no easy release for something like that.

Sorry, but as much of a vikes fan that I am, that call was the right call IMO. No way you can look at the replay and change your mind that he wasn't gonna land in bounds. Just like the call at the end of the bears game was the right call as well. I have heard numerous vikes fans say it should have been a touchdown and not an int, but not according to the league rules.

Our players were as responsible for the 4th down collapse as the packers players were in theres.

Oh yeah, being forced out of bounds is a non-reviewable play too. They only looked to see if he lost control of the ball when he hit the ground. Either way, He went straight up and was coming straight down. The next time you see that play, watch brian russell on the play. If he was a good FS, he would have absolutely nailed poole and made it impossible for him to catch the ball. That really pisses me off. Every time I see that play I yell at russell to hit the sh*t out of the guy. Weird thing is, he never seems to listen to me, no matter how many times I see the play and yell it to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast