Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Why this FA is a mistake and always will be.

"SWAYZE74" wrote:
    who has the crystal ball around here that they can see into the future? i mean really folks, this team we are in the process of assembling hasnt even had 1 practice together yet...im looking forward to next season...give me a running game and a good defense and ill be happy...cheer up folks...

peace...
    Well put. I am looking forward to next season too. Complaining about or hearalding the Daunte trade won't make one iota of difference.

If we go on to have a stellar year, half of the members here will be screaming "I told you so, we didn't need Daunte". If we go on to have a horseshit year, the other half will be screaming "I told you so, we needed Daunte"!

This is the first FA for our coaching staff and owner. I am willing to give them a chance before I start judging them. It is not like they can do much worse than the Red Regime did.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

#1: I like where this team is headed. F Daunte. He wasn't a team player, had a bad attitude after being hurt, and wanted more money after a possible career ending injury. we need committed players, like birk, for example who was on the sideline every game.

#2: we have a WCO QB in place. It won't take long for Brad to learn the offense because he has been playing that kind of offense all his career.

#3: Daunte not reading the defense has always been a mock on him. he has more TO's than almost any other QB.

#4: as long as the staff takes the proper precautions and gets a QB or 2 for the future in this draft or the next, we will be fine.

#5: if we get Hutch, our left side of the Oline will be sick, which means better running game and passing game.

#6: I like where are team is heading...oh, i already wrote that.

Blog Entries

I like where the team is heading also! Good post PAvikesfan.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    He's right on about Super Bowl chances. Brad Johnson? Pah-leeeeez. We need a QB in his prime and we don't have one. We should have traded for Frerotte; he's much better than Brad aka 110yds ppg.
    If we don't get anyone soon to start at QB, we will need Brad for 2 reasons.

1) Of course, to start for us at QB when the season starts.

2) To help bring up a young QB.
    If Brad starts, then that will mean that we won't have a new "elite" QB in his prime. Because of that, we will more than likely have a young QB from FA or the Draft that won't be able to jump right in. Because of that Brad, will be able to pass his pocket presence and calmness he brought to the offense this past season down to the young backup QB, playing the role of Mentor. of you will. Brad, at the most, has 3 years in him, IF THAT. If we don't sign someone, that's what will have to happen.

Childress said briefly recently that he would like to trade up in the draft for a QB that CAN jump right in. If he is able to do that, then we won't have to worry about it.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    He's right on about Super Bowl chances. Brad Johnson? Pah-leeeeez. We need a QB in his prime and we don't have one. We should have traded for Frerotte; he's much better than Brad aka 110yds ppg.
    Well Ferotte was just released and I haven't heard the Vikes say that Brad IS the starter. I believe the Vikes feel comfortable having Brad as the starter, but if someone else falls in our lap, Brad will have to compete. Better yet, we can now go out and get a young QB in the Draft or FA or by some trade and develop him for a year or two under a great QB in Brad.

Couldn't even think of doing that with DC. He would feel unwanted and pout because we are training his replacement. Besides that, Daunte could teach a youngster to do crap except through deep and let the best wide receiver in the league go up and get it. THAT"S TALENT?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I can't help but believe Brad will do a fine job this year as long as he is healthy.
    But I also think the Vikes messed up in their plan somewhere and now have to cover their rears. They have got a lot of cap room left and I think they planned to spend that on a FS and a LB but things didn't fall right. I think their plan all along has been to pick up a QB in the draft and have him groomed under BJ.
    I don't know what went wrong, but we shouldn't have as much FA money left as we have at this point. And if for some reason Hutch doesn't fall to us this FA period was prteey much a bust. I agree we didn't need Edge but there was some other good talent out there where we needed it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Blog Entries

I agree that BJ will be better at grooming a young QB than Daunte would have. Unless we find a way to get Schaub from Atlanta, or Cutler falls to us at 17, I don't see us getting a new QB this year. We will have to look to next year's draft or FA, and that means we will need BJ for at least 2 mroe years. I am hoping he is up to the task.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

OMAR JACOBS

Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I can't help but believe Brad will do a fine job this year as long as he is healthy.
    But I also think the Vikes messed up in their plan somewhere and now have to cover their rears. They have got a lot of cap room left and I think they planned to spend that on a FS and a LB but things didn't fall right. I think their plan all along has been to pick up a QB in the draft and have him groomed under BJ.
    I don't know what went wrong, but we shouldn't have as much FA money left as we have at this point. And if for some reason Hutch doesn't fall to us this FA period was a bust.
    This FA is far from over, and we will almost certainately get Hutch. The other pickups have been solid too. We addressed concerns at OL, RB, and WR. Our LB is a bit risky, but I actually have faith in what the front office is doing.

And we have no idea what the front office had planned. We all assumed they were planning on making big pushes at LB and FS, but the triangle has been anything but forthcoming this offseason. For all we know, Childress and co. are planning on making a run a Huff at FS. He could learn the game under Offord and be ready to start within a year. Sims or Greenway are not out of our reach for LB either.

I am optimistic...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123