Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Why this FA is a mistake and always will be.

"cajunvike" wrote:

I am going to bash you for ONE thing:

It's CRIS CARTER!!!!!!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do so many get that wrong?

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I liked Pep, and I thinkhe is a better QB than Johnson, but he whined like a little girl about his contract and everything else he could think of. I knew something wasn't right last year after he got hurt and only showed up to one game the rest of the season. That is not a leader, Period. IMO, he got pissed off about people saying that BJ was better for the team and they won more games after he got hurt. I bet he expected the Vikings to come out and say "Culpepper is the best QB in history, BJ has nothing to do witht the turn-around". I think his super-fragile ego took a beating and he figured the only way to prove himself was to act like the biggest A$$hole he could to get out of MN. That way, if he plays well again, he can try to rub it in their face. Well, I got news for ya Daunte..... YOU wanted to leave and made it happen, the Vikings wanted you as their franchise QB, the Vikes had no choice but to get rid of you. I bet the fact that the Vikes had trouble trading him for anything of value bruised his mighty ego too. Just my opinion!

Thanks Lotza!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Ok ok, I can feel the bashing coming and I know what's done is done. But realise this.

I'm no Daunte hater, I never will be I was hoping Daunte would be here throughout his Career. Many of you were hoping the same. How our new "Ownership" And Coaches Handled the situation is an absolute disgrace.

Culpepper was our Franchise QB, And I don't think anyone really has an idea about how important that is. They Take years to develop years that some players like Sharper and Pat Williams don't have to wait for a new franchise QB.

Most of our Plyamakers are in their prime...Now. We aren't likely to go far, New System, More new players new coaches, First year likleyhood of us going to the Superbowl and winning are very slim.

It takes time to learn. It takes time to Gel and Mesh. WCO takes atleast 2 years to fully learn on a QB. So basically we're rebuilding with Playmakers in their prime but are close to becoming high in age.

Ok so many of you are judging Culpepper "He sucked last year" Or "His Knee was a Big issue" or "He can't Read a Defense" kaka del toro, If he couldn't read a defense he'd look like a Pop warner player, He wouldn't complete a pass.

Note: And this is something you all say on this board, Good coaching will make any average player good. Correct, Culpepper had horrible coaching this Season. His Pro-Bowl Year 2004 He had Linehan, Known to be one of the best Offensive minds in the League and good at helping young QB's, We went to the playoffs.

2000 We had Denny Green. Good Coaches on and off the field (Ie on Field Chris Carter) Chris Carter Helped Culpepper alot through his tenure we went to the NFC Championship but never won cause we didn't have the pieces in place. And that's it in a nutshell with the right coaching and guidance Culpepper is one of the best and the most Dangerous and Our Beautiful new ownership and is making the jiggly butt deicision of their life.

That and signing nobody's who had their shot at making a name for them self and blew it long ago. To me this looks like another Red Mccombs year...Oh happy day.
    in my opinion daunte is the one who acted like a disgrace..if we were honestly trying to trade him months ago, dont you think we wouldve taken the adrian wilson and a 1st or else the mcallister and a 1st deals? YES, but we didnt so we were simply just getting offers for a guy that was never even available at the time..the lakers get calls about kobe bryant all the time, but obviously wouldnt even consider it..we obviously didnt consider the ravens or cardinals proposals, meaning we never had him officially on the market until after his demands..onto the part about signing nobody's who had their shot..you answer this question for me okay? i want an answer to this one..if you are chester taylor playing behind a guy that just very recently rushed for 2000 yards, how do you expect to play? seriously, answer that one..larry johnson had to wait to get his turn, hwo do you know taylor isnt the next LJ? you dont, so dont knock him unless he plays terrible here..ryan longwell, already among the leagues best kickers, signs to play indoors all year long, and only 2 games in awful conditions in chicago and green bay..but yet you think longwell blew his chance apparently, please answer that one as well..ben leber had a big, respectable season a couple years back, and struggled with a foot injury last year..with a 3-4 defense his purpose was to blitz, meaning he isnt going to come out of there with 10000 tackles every year..we watch tape on these guys, and you should have some sort of faith in this organization..we arent just randomly picking people up for no reason..do you think people in new england complain every time they sign a nobody? no, because they have faith that their coaching staff can utilize that guy to maximize his production..you havent seen these guys play enough to come out and say they all blew their shot
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

He's right on about Super Bowl chances. Brad Johnson? Pah-leeeeez. We need a QB in his prime and we don't have one. We should have traded for Frerotte; he's much better than Brad aka 110yds ppg.

culpepper always blew it in the playoffs with linehan, so explain that one..if you have been able to play well for 6 years, why do you need your coach to be responsible for ur success in your 7th year? you dont! you should know the offense well enough to run it by then..we didnt change the offense last year, and it was the same playbook..he had a poor line last year, thats dauntes only defense..do you think brett favre needs a guy to sit there teaching him things all the time? no, because he should know his offense better than the new OC coming into that same offense with the same playbook..if you really wanted to keep daunte, and watch him sit on the bench all season, then your argument has weight..otherwise it just wasnt going to happen, and you need to realize that he chose to leave, and he forced his own way out..he had no intention of being here, and if you really wanted our leader to be crying before and after every game to get outta the city, then im sorry management failed to please you
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    He's right on about Super Bowl chances. Brad Johnson? Pah-leeeeez. We need a QB in his prime and we don't have one. We should have traded for Frerotte; he's much better than Brad aka 110yds ppg.
    daunte didnt do it when we had our best shots..who is to say daunte would ever win one for us? the guy got blown out 41-0 the one year, and put up another dud against philly..the guy cant carry a team, and cant be a leader..time to move on, draft somebody, and wait..its sad when a team can rely on a rookie (pittsburgh) and daunte with playoff experience cant at least put up a decent performance when it comes to playing in the game of his life

im still just lost on why people are even questioning this trade..the guy didnt want to be here..flat out..he wasnt going to play for the vikings this season whether we kept him or not, and id rather not have the vikings in the headlines for having a TO situation with daunte

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

who has the crystal ball around here that they can see into the future? i mean really folks, this team we are in the process of assembling hasnt even had 1 practice together yet...im looking forward to next season...give me a running game and a good defense and ill be happy...cheer up folks...

peace...
    peace...

Prophet Guest

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Ok ok, I can feel the bashing coming and I know what's done is done. But realise this.

I'm no Daunte hater, I never will be I was hoping Daunte would be here throughout his Career. Many of you were hoping the same. How our new "Ownership" And Coaches Handled the situation is an absolute disgrace.

Culpepper was our Franchise QB, And I don't think anyone really has an idea about how important that is. They Take years to develop years that some players like Sharper and Pat Williams don't have to wait for a new franchise QB.

Most of our Plyamakers are in their prime...Now. We aren't likely to go far, New System, More new players new coaches, First year likleyhood of us going to the Superbowl and winning are very slim.

It takes time to learn. It takes time to Gel and Mesh. WCO takes atleast 2 years to fully learn on a QB. So basically we're rebuilding with Playmakers in their prime but are close to becoming high in age.

Ok so many of you are judging Culpepper "He sucked last year" Or "His Knee was a Big issue" or "He can't Read a Defense" kaka del toro, If he couldn't read a defense he'd look like a Pop warner player, He wouldn't complete a pass.

Note: And this is something you all say on this board, Good coaching will make any average player good. Correct, Culpepper had horrible coaching this Season. His Pro-Bowl Year 2004 He had Linehan, Known to be one of the best Offensive minds in the League and good at helping young QB's, We went to the playoffs.

2000 We had Denny Green. Good Coaches on and off the field (Ie on Field Chris Carter) Chris Carter Helped Culpepper alot through his tenure we went to the NFC Championship but never won cause we didn't have the pieces in place. And that's it in a nutshell with the right coaching and guidance Culpepper is one of the best and the most Dangerous and Our Beautiful new ownership and is making the jiggly butt deicision of their life.

That and signing nobody's who had their shot at making a name for them self and blew it long ago. To me this looks like another Red Mccombs year...Oh happy day.
    Good post UndisputedVike.

One of the problems is people on this site pooling everyone into the 'hate' vs 'love' categories for Daunte. I was a supporter of him all the way up to his immature e-mail to the press.

That broke the camel's back, that is when I became a non-supporter in terms of him being a Viking. He wanted to leave. SIA keeps pointing out that he finished his e-mail with saying he would honor his contract after his rant about being traded or released....I wouldn't want someone with that attitude leading my favorite team and I am glad he is gone.

I wish him well in Miami, but am thankful the spineless, conceited whiner is gone. Times got tough and his true character came out.

People change around every year in the NFL, especially when there is an overhaul in ownership, the whole coaching staff, and the strategy. I find it refreshing. One of the reasons I have followed the Vikings for decades is because they began their franchise with demanding excellence and shooting for the Big Dance, not just the playoffs.

The Patriots are the only team to pull off a dynasty during the cap era of the NFL. One of the ways in which they did that is by having a team that bought into the system. Star players were restructuring their contracts and taking less then their market value to stay on the team. Why? Because they bought into the system. If there are players on the team that don't buy into the system before a game is played then send them hiking, it is a no win situation.

Childress and company are starting a new system and attempting to surround themselves with talented people that have character that buy into the system. If they get the team, no matter who it ends up being, to buy into the system then there is a higher likelihood of having camaraderie and team chemistry. If that happens the Vikings are heading down the right road. There are many examples of this happening (80 USA Olympic hockey team, Patriots, no-name high schools winning the state championships in various sports, individuals like Michael Jordan being cut from the BB team as a youngster, etc.)

Sure, it might not pan out. At least they are trying and not following the non-risk safe path that is destined for mediocrity.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

You may have a point there. Two years is a pretty reasonable time frame.

As an argument thought, I could point to Ben Roethlisberger, who came from a tiny college in Cincinnati (near where I live) and with one year in the league led the Steelers to the Super Bowl title the next year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast