Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Why this FA is a mistake and always will be.

Ok ok, I can feel the bashing coming and I know what's done is done. But realise this.

I'm no Daunte hater, I never will be I was hoping Daunte would be here throughout his Career. Many of you were hoping the same. How our new "Ownership" And Coaches Handled the situation is an absolute disgrace.

Culpepper was our Franchise QB, And I don't think anyone really has an idea about how important that is. They Take years to develop years that some players like Sharper and Pat Williams don't have to wait for a new franchise QB.

Most of our Plyamakers are in their prime...Now. We aren't likely to go far, New System, More new players new coaches, First year likleyhood of us going to the Superbowl and winning are very slim.

It takes time to learn. It takes time to Gel and Mesh. WCO takes atleast 2 years to fully learn on a QB. So basically we're rebuilding with Playmakers in their prime but are close to becoming high in age.

Ok so many of you are judging Culpepper "He sucked last year" Or "His Knee was a Big issue" or "He can't Read a Defense" Bullshit, If he couldn't read a defense he'd look like a Pop warner player, He wouldn't complete a pass.

Note: And this is something you all say on this board, Good coaching will make any average player good. Correct, Culpepper had horrible coaching this Season. His Pro-Bowl Year 2004 He had Linehan, Known to be one of the best Offensive minds in the League and good at helping young QB's, We went to the playoffs.

2000 We had Denny Green. Good Coaches on and off the field (Ie on Field Chris Carter) Chris Carter Helped Culpepper alot through his tenure we went to the NFC Championship but never won cause we didn't have the pieces in place. And that's it in a nutshell with the right coaching and guidance Culpepper is one of the best and the most Dangerous and Our Beautiful new ownership and is making the Ass deicision of their life.

That and signing nobody's who had their shot at making a name for them self and blew it long ago. To me this looks like another Red Mccombs year...Oh happy day.

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Why this FA is a mistake and always will be.

The uncertainty of our future at QB makes me feel very uneasy, but gotta get rid of the whiners.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I really don't believe that Childress or Zygi or anyone really wanted to trade Daunte at the end of the year. And if you had asked me then, I would have said no way this is happening. But Daunte forced his way out - he complained about everything, and asked to be traded or released.

He gave the Vikings no choice. And at that point, he destroyed our chance of getting any good compensation for him too. So screw you Daunte!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Culpepper was our Franchise QB, And I don't think anyone really has an idea about how important that is. They Take years to develop years that some players like Sharper and Pat Williams don't have to wait for a new franchise QB.
    Maybe, but Culpepper certainly didn't act like a franchise qb the past year. In fact he was a greater problem than I believe Moss ever was. A franchise qb is not someone who gets outplayed by a 37 year old who is past his prime.

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Most of our Plyamakers are in their prime...Now. We aren't likely to go far, New System, More new players new coaches, First year likleyhood of us going to the Superbowl and winning are very slim.
    This is an example of flawed logic. For any team, their playmakers will be in their prime (for the most part). The reason it is called "their prime" is because the are making more plays. You have to understand that a football team is a dynamic entity and that once our players get older we will (hopefully) have player that are currenty raw and unproven to take their place. That is what the draft is for, to build the future. Maybe we won't win the superbowl next year, but we certainly weren't with Culpepper, in fact we didn't make the playoffs 4 out of the 6 years he was our starter. Ungood for a "franchise QB".

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Ok so many of you are judging Culpepper "He sucked last year" Or "His Knee was a Big issue" or "He can't Read a Defense" kaka del toro, If he couldn't read a defense he'd look like a Pop warner player, He wouldn't complete a pass.
    The fact remains that Brad won games with the same coaching a team the Culpepper lost games with. Culpepper either could not read defenses, could not settle down and could not make good decisions under pressure. I honeslty believe that he didn't prepare as much as he should have for each game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

This is an example of flawed logic. For any team, their playmakers will be in their prime (for the most part). The reason it is called "their prime" is because the are making more plays. You have to understand that a football team is a dynamic entity and that once our players get older we will (hopefully) have player that are currenty raw and unproven to take their place. That is what the draft is for, to build the future. Maybe we won't win the superbowl next year, but we certainly weren't with Culpepper, in fact we didn't make the playoffs 4 out of the 6 years he was our starter. Ungood for a "franchise QB".
    First of all the whole point of "Players in their prime" were these players...Not future players the ones on the current roster the ones who will help us win now. We'll save future players for the future.

The fact remains that Brad won games with the same coaching a team the Culpepper lost games with. Culpepper either could not read defenses, could not settle down and could not make good decisions under pressure. I honeslty believe that he didn't prepare as much as he should have for each game.
    Brad won those games off of experience. Culpepper is still learning. and still has alot to learn. Brad's won a Superbowl I think h eknows what he's doing. Culpepper simply was trying to do to much with nothing. He wasn't getting good advice and he had no mentor type's he could look to when he needed help.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Well if the WCO takes 2 full years to learn, then our starting QB should be just fine seeing as though he won a SB using this offense.. You have to understand one thing, alot of us like Pepp, and alot of us don't. I happen to one of the guys that DO like Pepp. I just think that the way he went about things was very childish, and not very team oriented..

He had the opportunity to make good with the new coaches, and he chose to instead go back home to Florida, and act like a baby. Pepp wore out his welcome in Minnesota. Fans were on his butt last year, all year long.. BJ plays 10 times smarter football then Pepp ever has. Look at their turnover differences. I wish Pepp the best of luck in Miami, and I really do hope that he does good in Miami. IMO, we will get a good backup, possibly a starter at QB this year. Whether that is by trade in Matt Schaub, or Patrick Ramsey, or fa pickup like Gus Ferotte, or Kerry Collins.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper is 29 years old and has been in the league for 7 years. If he can't win games off experience then he is hopeless. Culpepper has been notorious for trying too hard but has yet to grasp the fact that that loses games. We have no idea what kind of advice or help he was getting and whether it was good or not, all we saw is his actions on the field.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Ok ok, I can feel the bashing coming and I know what's done is done. But realise this.

I'm no Daunte hater, I never will be I was hoping Daunte would be here throughout his Career. Many of you were hoping the same. How our new "Ownership" And Coaches Handled the situation is an absolute disgrace.

It takes time to learn. It takes time to Gel and Mesh. WCO takes atleast 2 years to fully learn on a QB. So basically we're rebuilding with Playmakers in their prime but are close to becoming high in age.

Ok so many of you are judging Culpepper "He sucked last year" Or "His Knee was a Big issue" or "He can't Read a Defense" kaka del toro, If he couldn't read a defense he'd look like a Pop warner player, He wouldn't complete a pass.

Note: And this is something you all say on this board, Good coaching will make any average player good. Correct, Culpepper had horrible coaching this Season. His Pro-Bowl Year 2004 He had Linehan, Known to be one of the best Offensive minds in the League and good at helping young QB's, We went to the playoffs.

2000 We had Denny Green. Good Coaches on and off the field (Ie on Field Chris Carter) Chris Carter Helped Culpepper alot through his tenure we went to the NFC Championship but never won cause we didn't have the pieces in place. And that's it in a nutshell with the right coaching and guidance Culpepper is one of the best and the most Dangerous and Our Beautiful new ownership and is making the jiggly butt deicision of their life.

That and signing nobody's who had their shot at making a name for them self and blew it long ago. To me this looks like another Red Mccombs year...Oh happy day.
    I am going to bash you for ONE thing:

It's CRIS CARTER!!!!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

IF A PLAYER DOESNT WANT TO BE THERE THEN I GUESS HELL PUT FORTH HIS HARDEST EFFORT WONT HE?

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Well if Duante really cared so much about the team and his future, he would have stayed home and kept it in his pants, along side HIS WIFE.

Nope. Instead he went out, got on that boat, got his roll on, and then got upset when the community frowned upon it.

Instead of staying and facing his mistakes like a man, he pouted like a little girl to be traded.

He recieved his wish. He hurt his team and fans. He hurt his reputation.

He also hurt his knee, so peace big guy. Don't need you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast