Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WHy is everyone so confident about us getting Edge?

I just remember a quote from Childress saying they weren't gonna jump on to free agency right away just because they have some cash to spend. They were going to sit back awhile and see what the market does before they overspend. How long will "Edge" be around is anyone's guess.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    To be honest, I do not think we will land him.

Its not that I do not want to, but seems too perfect to happen.

Also, seems like whenever there are big Free Agents and we have some cash that everybody thinks we are going to get the top Free Agents.
    I feel ya bro..

I'm in the same boat.. I totally wish it would happen.. Don't think it will though
    Yeah, I feel the same way. Edge is an incredible player and is exactly what we need on the team, but it is just too good to be true. We will likely end up drafting a running back such as Lendale White or Laurence Maroney if anything. It is more likely that we get mostly LB and O-line help in free agency.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Also, seems like whenever there are big Free Agents and we have some cash that everybody thinks we are going to get the top Free Agents.
    I feel ya bro..

I'm in the same boat.. I totally wish it would happen.. Don't think it will though
    Yeah, I feel the same way. Edge is an incredible player and is exactly what we need on the team, but it is just too good to be true. We will likely end up drafting a running back such as Lendale White or Laurence Maroney if anything. It is more likely that we get mostly LB and O-line help in free agency.
    Too perfect? Too good to be true? I should smack all three of you!!!!
    Wake up! Red McCombs is no longer our owner. If there is ever a time where we can be optimistic, it is NOW!

We have a ton of space under the cap and a new owner who is looking to prove he is serious about making the Vikings a dominant team. If Wilf walks the walk like he talks the talk, nothing is too perfect.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I feel ya bro..

Too perfect? Too good to be true? I should smack all three of you!!!!
    Wake up! Red McCombs is no longer our owner. If there is ever a time where we can be optimistic, it is NOW!

We have a ton of space under the cap and a new owner who is looking to prove he is serious about making the Vikings a dominant team. If Wilf walks the walk like he talks the talk, nothing is too perfect.
    YES!!! That is the attitude that we need!!! Way to go, dude!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

People are confident about getting him because he'll go where the money is.

And the Money is here.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

well we can all feel confident that we will have a great rb by the end of the offseason.

we just need to sit back and watch it all pan out.

Go vikes!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V-Unit" wrote:

Let's see. And lets be realisic about it;

1st: were shopping our franchise QB which leaves us with a 37 yr. old QB, Shaun Hill wanting to go elsewhere & a no name in JT O'Sullivan who couldn't make a team last year.

2nd: Bennett is not coming back, which leaves with Memo, who I like, but gets injured every year & likes to milk his injuries. Onterrio is still up in the air.

That leaves us with Fason & Chinobe.

3rd: we have a probowl TE in Jimmy K. & probably the best blocking TE/FB in the league & the org. wants him to take a pay cut. It also sounds like he make get cut loose.

So what do we do, we sign a FB who couldn't make a team last year.

4th: B-Will is a FA & there is no talk of resigning him. He'll be gone.

So what do we do, we sign a DB who couldn't make a team last year.

5th: We have a coach says he won't pursue aggressively in the FA right away, which leads me to believe we'll be sorting thru toaster leavings towards the end of free agency.

6th: K-Rob is a FA & there is no talk yet of signing him before FA hits because we have the 1st right of refusal.

If he gets a high enough offer, we might not match it & we'll loose a decent WR & one hell of a kick returner, which means we'll once again need to find a return guy.

7th: Our list of remaining FA's which includes both of our safeties & our only kicker;

Corey Chavous S UFA
    Cory Withrow C UFA
    Keith Newman LB UFA
    Lance Johnstone DE UFA
    Melvin Fowler C UFA
    Moe Williams RB UFA
    Nate Burleson WR RFA
    Paul Edinger PK UFA
    Ralph Brown CB UFA
    Raonall Smith LB UFA
    Sam Cowart LB UFA
    Toniu Fonoti OG UFA
    Willie Offord S UFA

Once again if Childress is just going to sit back in FA & watch for awhile, a good share of this talent will be sucked up by other teams & gone.

Then what do we have left?

It's hard to be optomistic & pretend everything is going to be great, when we stand a good chance of losing the most talent of any team in the NFL.

People like to say, let some of these players go, they'll cost to much to retain & in the same breath want to spend bookoo bucks on the players to replace them.

So what have you gained?

Think about it. Were signing players that couldn't make a team last year & dealing or letting the talented ones go.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say 'ol Red is back in town.

I think Edge will be signed elsewhere, before we even take a hard look at him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mogwai is offline Starter

if you believe what childress said about free-agency,then he's already doing a good job.the vikes are not going to sit around and do nothing.they will be players..a little optimism can go a long way...skol vikes

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I gusss I'm just waiting around to see what happens ON THE FIELD!
    Of course I have my personal feelings about issues and I'll let them be known. But I really do have a lot of faith in Wilf and the coaches. I don't understand these two players we've signed but there must be a method behind their madness that I don't understand yet. But I know I will eventually.
    Do you possibily ever think that the WC Offense and Tampa 2 might just be a "cover story?"

Once again if Childress is just going to sit back in FA & watch for awhile, a good share of this talent will be sucked up by other teams & gone.

Then what do we have left?
    A LOT of $$$$$$$$$ LOL :razz:
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Do you possibily ever think that the WC Offense and Tampa 2 might just be a "cover story?"
    No, I think we'll see a version of the WCO the likes of which has never been seen before.

I invision different formations & plays that are infuenced a lot by these young college coaches.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast