Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Why is everyone hyping Bush?

Reggie definitely played with much more of an edge than normal, I believe that is why he is getting hyped. As I watched the game I was saying the same thing. He played well and deserves some recognition for doing so. It was as if he took the one knock on him (his toughness) and was determined to prove a point. Kudos Reggie. As a football fan this was nice to see. Having said that, the issue is can he repeat that type of physical performance, consistently?

The Saints have a great team and a good coaching staff. There is no doubt they have the advantage due to the HomeField. By and large I think most Saints and Vikes fans know that this will be a tight game.

Quick little stat line
    Rush/Rec yds TDS
    Peterson (3yrs) 5313 41
    Bush (4yrs) 3873 28

Oh and BTW great Post Sue!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

AsylumGuido wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Bush has been kind of pussyfooting around since coming to the Saints and he was running with authority in last week's game against the Cardinals. That is the hype, he decided to have an attitude and start playing like like a man, run over the MFs that get into his way. Just last year he ran back two punts when the Vikings played them in the thunderdome (although the home team Saints still lost with two special teams TDs from Bush and with Gus Frerotte at QB...lmao).

That being said, a banged up bush will be a light snack for Phat Pat.
    It was a nice game, and I saw where he ran into the cornerback/safety instead of out of bounds(notice ran into not ran over or ran through). His biggest strength is still his ability to run around guys, both his TD's were because of speed not strength. I'm not worried about Bush being physical, that's not his strength.
    Ferraro is gone. I agree on his style, it's more a point that he has to man-up sometimes and not try the juke moves and he has done that so infrequently that it was noticable in last week's game.
    Reggie has definitely brought more North/South to his game this season. You would be surprised how often he has broke one between the tackles this season.
    What I'm surprised about is that it took him this long to make that part of his bag of tricks on a more consistent basis.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

God damnit stop being so nice and normal Saints fans. Be more like the Cowboys fans and come in here talking loads of shit.. it's more fun that way.

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

Prophet wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Bush has been kind of pussyfooting around since coming to the Saints and he was running with authority in last week's game against the Cardinals. That is the hype, he decided to have an attitude and start playing like like a man, run over the MFs that get into his way. Just last year he ran back two punts when the Vikings played them in the thunderdome (although the home team Saints still lost with two special teams TDs from Bush and with Gus Frerotte at QB...lmao).

That being said, a banged up bush will be a light snack for Phat Pat.
    It was a nice game, and I saw where he ran into the cornerback/safety instead of out of bounds(notice ran into not ran over or ran through). His biggest strength is still his ability to run around guys, both his TD's were because of speed not strength. I'm not worried about Bush being physical, that's not his strength.
    Ferraro is gone. I agree on his style, it's more a point that he has to man-up sometimes and not try the juke moves and he has done that so infrequently that it was noticable in last week's game.
    Reggie has definitely brought more North/South to his game this season. You would be surprised how often he has broke one between the tackles this season.
    What I'm surprised about is that it took him this long to make that part of his bag of tricks on a more consistent basis.
    I think part of this was due to the timing of his maturity and injury. Bush started showing signs of being more aggressive starting midway through last season, but hurt his knee in late October. He played through it with less aggression until December 17th when he suffered another knee injury which ended his season.

In the off-season Bush recommitted himself and spent the spring and summer in Louisiana working out at the practice facilities in Metairie. It paid off as he came into the season in the best physical condition of his career, but it was still not quite full game speed yet. Payton had a plan, as he has since relayed to the press, of conserving Bush for the post-season, playing him just enough to help keep Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell as healthy as possible. Well, the time is now and Bush delivered on his part of the plan. Here is hoping the plan continues to work and Bush continues being a major part of our season.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

SuePrudhomme is offline Waterboy

PurplePeopleEaters wrote:
    God damnit stop being so nice and normal Saints fans. Be more like the Cowboys fans and come in here talking loads of shit.. it's more fun that way.
    I'm sorry. We can't. Our mammas raised us right, it's not our fault!

Cowboys fans are insufferable, and the farther south you go, the more insufferable they become. You think you hate 'em? We can't stand 'em! Any team that needs to have cage dancers in its ugly-ass Titanic of a stadium is all hype and no substance, and we're all glad your Vikings proved that.

Well, maybe people in Dallas aren't, but who cares, right? :laugh:
    None

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Why is he being hyped? Because "if" he ever adds physical to his finesse style of running, he's going to be EXTREMELY dangerous. Last week he was showing the physicality that he hasn't in the past... if I remember right, they were saying he bench presses 400 lbs and leg presses 500 something lbs? He doesn't need to run around you, he can run through you... and the moment D's start worrying about getting embarassed by being run over, they'll be that much easier to run around.

The comparison to Harvin is a good one but Harvin has always liked him some contact. I hope Harvin can develop more of the elusiveness that Bush has.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

SuePrudhomme wrote:
    PurplePeopleEaters wrote:
    I'm sorry. We can't. Our mammas raised us right, it's not our fault!

Cowboys fans are insufferable, and the farther south you go, the more insufferable they become. You think you hate 'em? We can't stand 'em! Any team that needs to have cage dancers in its ugly-ass Titanic of a stadium is all hype and no substance, and we're all glad your Vikings proved that.

Well, maybe people in Dallas aren't, but who cares, right? :laugh:
    Fanatics, by definition, have the luxury to make sweeping generalizations. All pie fans are ignorant slobs and every single person that supports the pie organization is pathetic.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Dude if Kim Kardashian promised me wild crazy sex if I played good, I could probably rush for 100 yards myself. I say zigi takes 1,000,000 on the chin, give it to Rihanna or Beyonce and tell them to "Motivate" AD. I bet we will see damn near 300 yards and 4TDS.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

Can we shut down the Aints so they can't show any shots of "Cottage Cheese Ass" Kardshian in her luxury box. What do you think Reggie's and her IQ added together would equal??? 25???

Who's more overrated? Reggie or Dash???
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

He's had a tough time transitioning from the college game to the pro's. Taken a paycut hurt his confidence.

(I think this was Jay leno's joke)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast