Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SuePrudhomme is offline Waterboy

Re:Why is everyone hyping Bush?

He's getting hyped because when he's "on," he's a highlight reel unto himself. He's a unique talent on an already talented and dangerous offense, and he's a very exciting player to watch. He gives his best effort in the biggest games, so there's a good chance that he'll be putting on a great show this weekend. Add in that he's good-looking and dates Kim Kardashian and it's no wonder the media goes all gooey when they look at him.

By the way, you can't take the "man on the street" interviews entirely seriously when the street in question is Bourbon Street. I don't know that anyone on Bourbon's ever sober for long.

We're all well aware that the team coming down for the NFCCG is exactly the one that belongs here--the two best teams in the NFC deciding once and for all who gets to go to the big dance. All season long, Saints fans been hoping for this matchup--not because we think the Vikings are easy meat, but because we know they're a challenge and that's what makes the game worth watching.

Having to face the Cowboys would've been a letdown; you knew and we knew that they didn't deserve to breathe the same air as either the Saints OR the Vikings! Thank you for getting 'em out of the way and putting them out of everyone's misery. "America's Team," hmph!
    None

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

SuePrudhomme wrote:
    He's getting hyped because when he's "on," he's a highlight reel unto himself. He's a unique talent on an already talented and dangerous offense, and he's a very exciting player to watch. He gives his best effort in the biggest games, so there's a good chance that he'll be putting on a great show this weekend. Add in that he's good-looking and dates Kim Kardashian and it's no wonder the media goes all gooey when they look at him.

By the way, you can't take the "man on the street" interviews entirely seriously when the street in question is Bourbon Street. I don't know that anyone on Bourbon's ever sober for long.

We're all well aware that the team coming down for the NFCCG is exactly the one that belongs here--the two best teams in the NFC deciding once and for all who gets to go to the big dance. All season long, Saints fans been hoping for this matchup--not because we think the Vikings are easy meat, but because we know they're a challenge and that's what makes the game worth watching.

Having to face the Cowboys would've been a letdown; you knew and we knew that they didn't deserve to breathe the same air as either the Saints OR the Vikings! Thank you for getting 'em out of the way and putting them out of everyone's misery. "America's Team," hmph!
    Amen, Sue! Dead on!
    Saints Fan Since 1967

green hornet is offline Starter

One good year does not deserve respect. Its called a fluke season. After the saints pound the vikings, we'll see what you have to say. AD will be stuffed just like he has been for the last half of the year. I would rather have reggie bush on my team than Peterson any day of the week. You just beat a crappy cowgirls team and you want to proclaim your team the best? You cant win shit on the road. Prove your a decent team. The only significant win on the road was against the packers, otherwise the browns, lions, and rams are not that impressive of road wins.

SharperImage wrote:
    Reggie bush has one good Facking game where he rushes 5TIMES for 80 yards, 50 in one run and everyone wants to call him "The new Reggie bush" One facking game. This tool was close to being released this year and labeled a bust but he plays good and people say he saved his job. Brett favre throws a mere 7 INTs all year but they still say "o he is going to have an 5int game" but bush runs for ALMOST 100 yards and he is new and improved and saved his Job. 1 facking game, 1!! We might as well say Tyrell Johnson is a good cover safety now after that good game he had against dallas and give him a new contract. -_- NFL Network and ESPN is pissing me off. We freaking wipe our ass with the Dallas cowboys and they still wanna say the saints will D will stop us! Are you Fing serious? They don't even have Charles grant anymore. All they got is will "fresh prince of bell air" smith. Vilma at linebacker and sharpers slow ass at safety. AD should be able to go down the saints throat then berrian n rice over top sharpers slow ass head. Sharper can be had, that's why he got booted out of minny! He bites too much! Who remembers that Chicago game where they did a play fake to Hester and sharper almost broke his legs tryna recover to tackle? Overall I am pissed off by the respect we are getting and what respect Reggie "bust" Bush is getting.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Bush has been kind of pussyfooting around since coming to the Saints and he was running with authority in last week's game against the Cardinals. That is the hype, he decided to have an attitude and start playing like like a man, run over the MFs that get into his way. Just last year he ran back two punts when the Vikings played them in the thunderdome (although the home team Saints still lost with two special teams TDs from Bush and with Gus Frerotte at QB...lmao).

That being said, a banged up bush will be a light snack for Phat Pat.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

SuePrudhomme wrote:

Thank You Sue that was a good post! We like people that post with realistic takes on the game and are not trolls.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SuePrudhomme is offline Waterboy

Prophet wrote:
    Bush has been kind of pussyfooting around since coming to the Saints and he was running with authority in last week's game against the Cardinals. That is the hype, he decided to have an attitude and start playing like like a man, run over the MFs that get into his way. Just last year he ran back two punts when the Vikings played them in the thunderdome (although the home team Saints still lost with two special teams TDs from Bush and with Gus Frerotte at QB...lmao).

The way I saw it put best was, oddly enough, on a Redskins board. One of the posters there said:

"Holy crap, looks like Reggie Bush leveled up!"

As both a gamer geek and a football fan-girl, I loved that. :laugh:
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Prophet wrote:

It was a nice game, and I saw where he ran into the cornerback/safety instead of out of bounds(notice ran into not ran over or ran through). His biggest strength is still his ability to run around guys, both his TD's were because of speed not strength. I'm not worried about Bush being physical, that's not his strength.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

It was a nice game, and I saw where he ran into the cornerback/safety instead of out of bounds(notice ran into not ran over or ran through). His biggest strength is still his ability to run around guys, both his TD's were because of speed not strength. I'm not worried about Bush being physical, that's not his strength.
    Ferraro is gone. I agree on his style, it's more a point that he has to man-up sometimes and not try the juke moves and he has done that so infrequently that it was noticable in last week's game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

SuePrudhomme wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

The way I saw it put best was, oddly enough, on a Redskins board. One of the posters there said:

"Holy crap, looks like Reggie Bush leveled up!"

As both a gamer geek and a football fan-girl, I loved that. :laugh:
    Nice to see level headed fans. We have our lively ones, as you noticed. Most aren't that way.

BTW: I spent 4 of the past 6 years in Baton Rouge, so I'm a Saints fan most weeks. Not this one, though.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

Prophet wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

Ferraro is gone. I agree on his style, it's more a point that he has to man-up sometimes and not try the juke moves and he has done that so infrequently that it was noticable in last week's game.
    Reggie has definitely brought more North/South to his game this season. You would be surprised how often he has broke one between the tackles this season.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast