Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Why is everyone hyping Bush?

Reggie bush has one good Facking game where he rushes 5TIMES for 80 yards, 50 in one run and everyone wants to call him "The new Reggie bush" One facking game. This tool was close to being released this year and labeled a bust but he plays good and people say he saved his job. Brett favre throws a mere 7 INTs all year but they still say "o he is going to have an 5int game" but bush runs for ALMOST 100 yards and he is new and improved and saved his Job. 1 facking game, 1!! We might as well say Tyrell Johnson is a good cover safety now after that good game he had against dallas and give him a new contract. -_- NFL Network and ESPN is pissing me off. We freaking wipe our ass with the Dallas cowboys and they still wanna say the saints will D will stop us! Are you Fing serious? They don't even have Charles grant anymore. All they got is will "fresh prince of bell air" smith. Vilma at linebacker and sharpers slow ass at safety. AD should be able to go down the saints throat then berrian n rice over top sharpers slow ass head. Sharper can be had, that's why he got booted out of minny! He bites too much! Who remembers that Chicago game where they did a play fake to Hester and sharper almost broke his legs tryna recover to tackle? Overall I am pissed off by the respect we are getting and what respect Reggie "bust" Bush is getting.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Why is everyone hyping Bush?

The media is hyping Bush?

Just like the media who thought we would lose to the Cowboys?

DREWBREEESS is offline Waterboy

Re:Why is everyone hyping Bush?

Whew! Man, you need to relax.Have some coffee.It's a beautiful day. You have a great football team.
    I challenge you to find ONE, I mean just one article or one quote by ANYONE that Reggie Bush was close to being cut."slow ass Sharper? Tied for the league lead with 9 ints with an average of over FORTY ONE return yards per interception. He's playing in a def. that better suits his skills.It's not a knock on the Vikings. He's not the 1st player to switch schemes and become alot better player."All they have is Vilma, Smith and slow ass Sharper"?? They went 13-3. It's the NFC championship.Give it a break. Fack all you want, but at least have facts before you start spewing fiction.
    EVERY team's fans think that their team is getting no respect. Jesus, we all watched what the Vikings did to the Cowboys. There is no dissrespect at all. As far as I can tell, the Saints are favorites because of home field and the FACT that the Vikings don't play as well on the road as they do at home.
    Can the Saints beat the Vikings? Hell, I don't know, but if you think that the game will be a cake walk for the Vikings, then you are FACKING frozen.You sound like a Cardinal fan before last week.
    None

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I say let the Saints get all they hype they can get. We can't possibly beat them...no way. We peaked too soon, we're on the downward spiral, won't be able to beat the high-flying Cowgirls, how could we possibly beat the Saints in their dome? Oh wait, we beat the girls 34-3. I love being the wild dog!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

DREWBREEESS wrote:
    Whew! Man, you need to relax.Have some coffee.It's a beautiful day. You have a great football team.
    I challenge you to find ONE, I mean just one article or one quote by ANYONE that Reggie Bush was close to being cut."slow ass Sharper? Tied for the league lead with 9 ints with an average of over FORTY ONE return yards per interception. He's playing in a def. that better suits his skills.It's not a knock on the Vikings. He's not the 1st player to switch schemes and become alot better player."All they have is Vilma, Smith and slow ass Sharper"?? They went 13-3. It's the NFC championship.Give it a break. Fack all you want, but at least have facts before you start spewing fiction.
    EVERY team's fans think that their team is getting no respect. Jesus, we all watched what the Vikings did to the Cowboys. There is no dissrespect at all. As far as I can tell, the Saints are favorites because of home field and the FACT that the Vikings don't play as well on the road as they do at home.
    Can the Saints beat the Vikings? Hell, I don't know, but if you think that the game will be a cake walk for the Vikings, then you are FACKING frozen.You sound like a Cardinal fan before last week.

A Local news network from the Twincities did some interviews on Burbon street and the locals were saying that we don't have a chance (they sound alot like the cowgirl fans last week but they don't speak as well).

Every interview they showed the fans said the Aints are going to walk on us! One guy said all they are worried about is who they are going to beat in the Superbowl and that we shouldn't even show up for the game.

I hope all the Aints fans feel the same way because we are coming and this team should not be taken lightly.

I hope that your players are looking at this game the same way and that they wondering who they are going to be playing in the Superbowl. If they do we are on our way and we will be dining in Florida in 2 weeks!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Because it's like warm apple pie.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Well ... first off ... he was NEVER close to being released. Not for one second.

Second off ... the guy has played in three playoff games in his career and has put up very good numbers.

Third ... he is EXTREMELY explosive. That is why they hype him. He was dinged up all year, and looks healthy now. He is a very good weapon for them, especially with the numerous other weapons that can draw a team's attention.
    None

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

whackthepack wrote:
    DREWBREEESS wrote:

A Local news network from the Twincities did some interviews on Burbon street and the locals were saying that we don't have a chance (they sound alot like the cowgirl fans last week but they don't speak as well).

Every interview they showed the fans said the Aints are going to walk on us! One guy said all they are worried about is who they are going to beat in the Superbowl and that we shouldn't even show up for the game.

I hope all the Aints fans feel the same way because we are coming and this team should not be taken lightly.

I hope that your players are looking at this game the same way and that they wondering who they are going to be playing in the Superbowl. If they do we are on our way and we will be dining in Florida in 2 weeks!
    I used to work in the news industry and what you saw in those interviews would have been very selective. I'll guarantee they interviewed dozens of people and pared it down those that fit their purpose. It is all about hype. It does not make for good TV to air comments from knowledgeable opposing fans who give proper respect.

As for the Saints players, there is no way Payton and Brees would ever allow these types of thoughts. This is clearly the most important game in Saints history and you can be assured they will be totally focused and prepared. The team is healthy and well rested. You and the Vikings can look ahead to the Super Bowl all you want. This Sunday IS the Super Bowl for the Saints.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

whackthepack wrote:
    DREWBREEESS wrote:

I think that that's the reaction you get pretty much everywhere when you interview some random people on the street. How often do you see these 'quick' interviews where people start explaining that it's going to be a close one, the Vikes have a great D-line etc? And how often do you see someone shouting "We're going to the Super Bowl!" or crap like that.

You guys are the bulletin board masters. Lol.

And as to Bush... He's not a great RB. He's a beast in the open field, but I still don't think that he can run it between he tackles. I think of him as more of a Percy Harvin-like player. The only difference is that Bush tends to fit the RB mold a bit better while Harvin fits that of a WR more. They're both dynamic weapons who can make something happen on dump-offs, screen, occasional runs, short routes etc.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

No way Bush was ever going to get cut, that's just crazy.

36TD in 4 seasons(36 starts, 55games). He may not be an every down back that can carry a team, but he has made an impact in many games, including the last time we played the Saints.

Bush is a very consistant weapon when healthy. Very similar to our Percy Harvin, IMHO.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast