Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why don't we use towels?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    beats my idea, lmao thats sweet...
    That's the kind of stuff you learn when you used to work for the Vikings PR Department
    What a sweet jiggly butt job. Why did you leave?
    Man, that was YEARS ago. Grunt job when I had a Master's degree.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMD" wrote:
    I have an extra flag if anyone wants it.
    Dibs

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I have seen this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Minnesota-Vikings-Crying-Towel-GO-Vikes-NEW-SEE_W0QQitemZ330174145910QQihZ014QQcategoryZ25204Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQc mdZViewItem

I have one just like this and another pretty much the same but in purple
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Minnesota-Vikings-Purple-Pride-Towel-Rare-Yellow_W0QQitemZ360009449741QQihZ023QQcategoryZ252 04QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247 QQcmdZViewItem

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    I think this has been done before but I would like to see it again. We had noodles and flags this year.
    The foam noodles were a giveaway from the NFL Network and were given away at all NFL stadiums that weekend.

The flags were sponsored by Qwest and make use of the "You Made The Team" PR slogan from this season.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I wasn't special enough to get a noddle, all I got was a home opener magnet and a flag.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Towels are old fashion. I think Pittsburgh started them years ago with the "Terrible Towel." Get some fresh ideas. Don't be copycats like the Packers.
    The "Terrible Towel" was an idea concocted by former Steelers broadcaster Myron Cope back in the mid-70s.

Here's the Wiki article on them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Towel

The Terrible Towel is an idea created by Myron Cope, a broadcaster for the Pittsburgh Steelers (an American football team). Needing a way to excite the fans during a 1975 playoff football game against the Baltimore Colts, Cope urged fans to take yellow dish towels to the game and wave them throughout. Some Steelers players were unenthusiastic (notably linebacker Andy Russell who told Cope they weren't "a gimmick team").[1] Nevertheless, the stands were filled with yellow towels that day, and the Steelers always seemed to complete terrific plays when the towels were waving. The Steelers won that game 28-10, and Russell himself scored a defensive touchdown.

The Steelers introduced gold towels with the words "Myron Cope's Terrible Towel" in black on them just in time for Super Bowl X. The Steelers went on to win, "thanks to the Towels,"[cite this quote] many claimed, against the Dallas Cowboys.

Today, there are many other types of Terrible Towels for sale, such as golf towels, black towels, beach towels, and towels with the Steelers logo on them. In addition, fans of many other college and NFL teams have begun waving towels in their teams colors.

In 1996 Cope gave the rights to Myron Cope's Official Terrible Towel to the Allegheny Valley School in the Pittsburgh suburb of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania. The school provides care for more than 900 people with mental retardation and physical disabilities. Proceeds from the Terrible Towel have helped raise almost $1.1 million for the school.

This commemorative towel celebrates the Steelers' appearance in Super Bowl XL.On October 31, 2005, a special Terrible Towel was created to honor Cope for his 35 years as a Steelers broadcaster and was waved prior to the Monday Night Football game between the Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field. A limited edition of 35,000 were made, all with familiar "Cope-isms" like "Yoi!".
    =Z=

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I wasn't special enough to get a noddle, all I got was a home opener magnet and a flag.
    Come to more games.

=Z=

Jilly is offline Coach

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    I have an extra flag if anyone wants it.
    Dibs
    It's yours.
    Just send me your address and I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Towels are old fashion. I think Pittsburgh started them years ago with the "Terrible Towel." Get some fresh ideas. Don't be copycats like the Packers.
    Hmmm I believe the Lambeau leap has been copied aplenty and that was a Packer original. To me, the towel make a nice view for the camera's however on the field it doesn't seem as intimidating, although I have never been trying to play when they are flying.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Garland" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Watching the Packers/Seahawks, I see the Packer fans have a yellow towel to wave around. That got me thinking: Why don't we have towels? I think purple towels would be ballin (yellow is overdone). Anyone agree?
    We used to have them a couple of years ago, I still have mine. It may of just been a playoff thing I don't recall.

Exactly! I have several of them. Some are white or yellow, but most of them are purple. Some were give aways, while others were sold for about $2-3$ at the souvenir stands around the dome.......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123