Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

You say Williamson´s hand and vision
    has improved dramatically,I disagree with you.
    He is supposed to be our #1 WR ,this is his 3rd year in the league and has a total of 9 rec. with 159 yards and 1 TD ,during all the season,Do I need to say more?
    The Vikes stuff don´t rely at all in our Qb and Wr ,being 1 dimensional you can´t ever be a real contender
    in this league ,which is dominated by good passing teams btw (Cowboys.Pats,Colts...)
    We need badly better WRs,period.
    I think you're failing to realize the Vikings have only completed something like 80 passes this year and the leading receiver has about 300 yards on the team.
    Now we can argue chicken and egg all day long... is the QB missing the receivers or are the receivers not getting open?
    Who knows... what I do know is that NO wide receiver on the Vikings is putting up decent stats which would tend to point towards the QB.
    [size=30pt]Troys A Bust![/size]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Back to back good games by a WR

First Sidney then Ferguson

We need a QB who can get BOTH these guys the ball each game and take away some pressure up front!!

Mix in some solid play from Wade and we have a solid WR corps

Big C is offline Coordinator

Troy is a bust on deep routes. Hew has improved a lot on the slants, hooks, crossing routes. He has a made a lot of tough catches in traffic. However, our coaching staff has labelled him a "Deep Threat" so will keep using him as that even though his chances of hauling them in are low.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"El" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Metrodump" wrote:
    [quote author=ap07 link=topic=39658.msg672593#msg672593 date=1194844917]
    Farve,,,, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.........GEZZUZ H........reload and post
    wiff some seriousness next time homeslice!!!!!!!

We gots Robert freegan Ferguson, a guy who could not beat out the rookie Packers draft picks!!!!

HellfrigginLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferguson lead the Vikings team with the most receptions & tied with the most yards in yesterdays game.

Obviously, you must not have watched the game.
    I think the guy means If Fergie is our number one option in WR,there is something wrong with
    this team....

We better draft or FA any WR in the postseason,we just can´t be a serious contender with this WR roster....

We have decent WR's, not the best no, but decent.
    We have the talent at WR to compete, but not the QB to get it to them consistantly and make the right calls at the line.

Say what you will about their individual flaws compared to some WR's, but Williamson, Rice, Ferguson, Wade, & even Allison all can play at this level.

Williamson has come MILES last year, his hands and vision have improved dramatically, and theres a few times this year he would have had more deep TD's, had the ball been placed better or actually to him.
    You can't teach speed.

Rice has the best hands on the team, end of story.
    He's not the fastest on the team, but the hell if he doesnt have talent.
    I'm excited to see what he becomes in this league.

Ferguson is reliable, he's nothing terrific but he plays a physical game and is a strong person.
    He still shows a good energy in his play and is always accepting of his role.

Wade is a reliable slot receiver, he makes for a good 3rd WR or so.. he's definatly not a #1 and it sucks that he was brought into a situation where more was asked of him that he can deliver, it wasnt fair to put the expectations on him that we did this season, i think he's done a decent job coping with that.

Allison has a lot of potential (a word we use a lot on this team.. lol).
    I was really excited watching this kid in training camp this year, i think he has the stuff to get it done in this league if given the chance, he's no Rice, but he's a competetor, just wait & see.
    You say Williamson´s hand and vision
    has improved dramatically,I disagree with you.
    He is supposed to be our #1 WR ,this is his 3rd year in the league and has a total of 9 rec. with 159 yards and 1 TD ,during all the season,Do I need to say more?
    The Vikes stuff don´t rely at all in our Qb and Wr ,being 1 dimensional you can´t ever be a real contender
    in this league ,which is dominated by good passing teams btw (Cowboys.Pats,Colts...)
    We need badly better WRs,period.

[/quote]

Yes!
    Why don't you say how many times the ball went his way.
    How many were actually catchable?
    How many great blocks he has made down the field this year.
    I'm not saying he's turned into Jerry Rice but he has shown improvement.
    He seems to catch every catchable ball this year except maybe one or two.
    That is a huge improvement from last year.

I think the WRs need a little tweaking by getting a true #1 WR.
    Get rid of the excess such as Fergy (regardless of what he did yesterday).
    The young talent on this team can go a long way but they need a QB to get them the ball.
    People can't catch or have better stats if they aren't getting the ball thrown to them.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Not sure why people are ponting to Derek Anderson to be our saviour.....

Maybe the Vikes management would let someone like that go... but I highly doubt if you have any football acumen that you let Derek Anderson leave via free-agency... or franchise him and take the picks...

i don't care who you have on the bench... you don't let that guy leave!!!
    QUINN is an UNPROVEN commodity and at this point he's a luxury... You need two good QB's on your roster.. if anything you trade Quinn...

Learn from the chargers... don't let him go...!!!

If anything you Franchise him and make D.A. prove he can play like this another year before locking him in... but you gotta keep him...

For our sake i hope they're that stupid.. (to let him go/trade im) but I guarantee you if that happens Browns fans would revolt and Whoever made that decision should be fired!!

in my humble opinion....

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

People just want to try to take a shot at him considering we have the most cap room in the NFL..

Toss him a contract that the Browns can maybe not offer back

Since he is a RFA they have to if they want to keep him

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Pretty obvious now why Kevin Curtis fired his agent.
    He had almost signed here, but decided to fire his agent and go to a team that actually has a QB...smart kid.

Is the question more appropriately asked, "Why DIDN'T we sign a veteran QB?" or, is that too obvious 20/20 hindsight, which, while it was happening, wasn't hindsight when alot of us were pointing to Jeff Garcia.

We need to sign the best veteran QB - AND, we need to draft one...wouldn't it be great to have the QB "problem" the Browns have with the RB we have.
    Our QB situation can now be compared to the Panther's, thank goodness we didn't bring in David Carr.

I can't imagine the Browns letting Derek Anderson go, they don't have many stars and should have plenty of cap room to keep him (admittedly an assumption).

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Pretty obvious now why Kevin Curtis fired his agent.
    He had almost signed here, but decided to fire his agent and go to a team that actually has a QB...smart kid.

Is the question more appropriately asked, "Why DIDN'T we sign a veteran QB?" or, is that too obvious 20/20 hindsight, which, while it was happening, wasn't hindsight when alot of us were pointing to Jeff Garcia.

We need to sign the best veteran QB - AND, we need to draft one...wouldn't it be great to have the QB "problem" the Browns have with the RB we have.
    Our QB situation can now be compared to the Panther's, thank goodness we didn't bring in David Carr.

I can't imagine the Browns letting Derek Anderson go, they don't have many stars and should have plenty of cap room to keep him (admittedly an assumption).
    That's the situation of QBs in the NFL right now (like Marrdro keeps pointing out). Look at the whole Carr debacle. Pretty much everyone wanted to sign him up. It's a crap shot. The Panthers rolled the dice and came up craps. People are complaining about TJ and his injuries, just look at Carr. Garcia would've been nice, but oh well. I really don't think McNabb or Anderson will be availiable this off season. What I would love (IMHO) would be getting a vet for 2-3 yrs, keep TJ to learn, and draft Dixon. Then we could sign Berrian (some kind of poison pill trickery against the Bears), and then would be sitting pretty in the Norse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234