Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

I think when we were all talking about McNabb it was because he was getting upset with the fans saying he was responsible for the losses. He snapped back that he wasn't the only one having troubles this season. That led to a lot of speculation in the press and here that McNabb was going to be through after this season with the Eagles. And so what better place to come than to Minnesota because of the Vikings/Eagles connection and Childress being hjs old coach.
    Well, now it looks like Childress may be gone at the end of the season, McNabb had a very nice game this past week. It looks like his injury is curing up .
    So it comes down to this:
    1. Do you want to keep Childress as a coach and get McNabb; or
    2. Do you want Childress to leave?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think when we were all talking about McNabb it was because he was getting upset with the fans saying he was responsible for the losses. He snapped back that he wasn't the only one having troubles this season. That led to a lot of speculation in the press and here that McNabb was going to be through after this season with the Eagles. And so what better place to come than to Minnesota because of the Vikings/Eagles connection and Childress being hjs old coach.
    Well, now it looks like Childress may be gone at the end of the season, McNabb had a very nice game this past week. It looks like his injury is curing up .
    So it comes down to this:
    1. Do you want to keep Childress as a coach and get McNabb; or
    2. Do you want Childress to leave?
    That is a tough question. I really would like McNabb to come here and Childress deserves at least one more year with a good QB.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Here we go.
    Look what the vets do in the league.
    They put up big numbers and win games.
    Look at Farve, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do, all he does is win.
    Brett is 12-1 the last 13 games.
    So this tells me we need to sign a vet that understands the game and can get the ball to the wr.
    If we had any type of passing game our wr would be something.
    Without a doubt we could be 6-3 or 7-2.
    When you lose alot of close games due to how bad are qb play is, we will continue to lose.
    Kurt Warner would be a good fit for us.
    What is the plan for us? Winke was in town this week any update on him?
    There is nothing we can do this year. McNabb is the answer for next couple years while TJ sits and learns.
    McNabb is under contract with the Philadelphia eagles for the next couple years.
    I wish people would stop acting like he's available right now - because he isn't.
    I never said he was available now. What makes you think he will not be available for trade next year?
    Because the Eagles have said he won't be.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Here we go.
    Look at Farve, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do, all he does is win.
    So this tells me we need to sign a vet that understands the game and can get the ball to the wr.
    When you lose alot of close games due to how bad are qb play is, we will continue to lose.
    There is nothing we can do this year. McNabb is the answer for next couple years while TJ sits and learns.
    McNabb is under contract with the Philadelphia eagles for the next couple years.
    I wish people would stop acting like he's available right now - because he isn't.
    I never said he was available now. What makes you think he will not be available for trade next year?

=Z=
    Do you have a link or a quote?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=ap07 link=topic=39658.msg672593#msg672593 date=1194844917]
    Here we go.
    Do you have a link or a quote?
    [/quote]

Not handy, no.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

While i would like to see us get McNabb too..

I read on Profootballtalk.com that McNabb doesn't even like Childress (surprise surprise)!!
    Plus, who's to say Chilly is our coach next year..
    They said the more likely scenario for McNabb would be the BEARS.. GOD I hope not!!!

Check out that site.. its the best football site on the internet.. BARNONE!!!

Plus, a lot of agents, GMs and sportswriters read that site for inside info... Check it out!!!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    While i would like to see us get McNabb too..

I read on Profootballtalk.com that McNabb doesn't even like Childress (surprise surprise)!!
    Plus, who's to say Chilly is our coach next year..
    They said the more likely scenario for McNabb would be the BEARS.. GOD I hope not!!!

Check out that site.. its the best football site on the internet.. BARNONE!!!
    Plus, a lot of agents, GMs and sportswriters read that site for inside info... Check it out!!!

LOL

PP.O is the best site on the internet.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    McNabb COULD be the answer...but not if he comes with a high price tag.

I would rather get Derek Anderson...even if the cost is a first- and a third-rounder next season.
    McNabb is a proven quarterback in this league with many years ahead of him... you're ready to sacrifice the better part of the '08 draft for a guy who's off to a hot start in 9 games?

TJack has the athletic ability and the arm to be a great QB in the league but needs time.
    People say he is similar to McNabb in his gifts... who better for him to learn from then McNabb?

I'm not one for running to the hottest fad, I'll take a proven winner.
    McNabb has the experience the Vikings offense is lacking and the skills to make them a legitimate threat.
    I'd pay the Eagles whatever it's going to take to get him.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Metrodump" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Farve,,,, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.........GEZZUZ H........reload and post
    wiff some seriousness next time homeslice!!!!!!!

We gots Robert freegan Ferguson, a guy who could not beat out the rookie Packers draft picks!!!!

HellfrigginLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferguson lead the Vikings team with the most receptions & tied with the most yards in yesterdays game.

Obviously, you must not have watched the game.
    I think the guy means If Fergie is our number one option in WR,there is something wrong with
    this team....

We better draft or FA any WR in the postseason,we just can´t be a serious contender with this WR roster....

We have decent WR's, not the best no, but decent.
    We have the talent at WR to compete, but not the QB to get it to them consistantly and make the right calls at the line.

Say what you will about their individual flaws compared to some WR's, but Williamson, Rice, Ferguson, Wade, & even Allison all can play at this level.

Williamson has come MILES last year, his hands and vision have improved dramatically, and theres a few times this year he would have had more deep TD's, had the ball been placed better or actually to him.
    You can't teach speed.

Rice has the best hands on the team, end of story.
    He's not the fastest on the team, but the hell if he doesnt have talent.
    I'm excited to see what he becomes in this league.

Ferguson is reliable, he's nothing terrific but he plays a physical game and is a strong person.
    He still shows a good energy in his play and is always accepting of his role.

Wade is a reliable slot receiver, he makes for a good 3rd WR or so.. he's definatly not a #1 and it sucks that he was brought into a situation where more was asked of him that he can deliver, it wasnt fair to put the expectations on him that we did this season, i think he's done a decent job coping with that.

Allison has a lot of potential (a word we use a lot on this team.. lol).
    I was really excited watching this kid in training camp this year, i think he has the stuff to get it done in this league if given the chance, he's no Rice, but he's a competetor, just wait & see.
    You say Williamson´s hand and vision
    has improved dramatically,I disagree with you.
    He is supposed to be our #1 WR ,this is his 3rd year in the league and has a total of 9 rec. with 159 yards and 1 TD ,during all the season,Do I need to say more?
    The Vikes stuff don´t rely at all in our Qb and Wr ,being 1 dimensional you can´t ever be a real contender
    in this league ,which is dominated by good passing teams btw (Cowboys.Pats,Colts...)
    We need badly better WRs,period.
    El underdog.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"El" wrote:

You say Williamson´s hand and vision
    has improved dramatically,I disagree with you.
    He is supposed to be our #1 WR ,this is his 3rd year in the league and has a total of 9 rec. with 159 yards and 1 TD ,during all the season,Do I need to say more?
    The Vikes stuff don´t rely at all in our Qb and Wr ,being 1 dimensional you can´t ever be a real contender
    in this league ,which is dominated by good passing teams btw (Cowboys.Pats,Colts...)
    We need badly better WRs,period.
    I think you're failing to realize the Vikings have only completed something like 80 passes this year and the leading receiver has about 300 yards on the team.
    Now we can argue chicken and egg all day long... is the QB missing the receivers or are the receivers not getting open?
    Who knows... what I do know is that NO wide receiver on the Vikings is putting up decent stats which would tend to point towards the QB.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast