Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "Metrodump" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Farve,,,, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do

    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.........GEZZUZ H........reload and post
    wiff some seriousness next time homeslice!!!!!!!

    We gots Robert freegan Ferguson, a guy who could not beat out the rookie Packers draft picks!!!!

    HellfrigginLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Ferguson lead the Vikings team with the most receptions & tied with the most yards in yesterdays game.

    Obviously, you must not have watched the game.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Metrodump" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Farve,,,, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do

    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.........GEZZUZ H........reload and post
    wiff some seriousness next time homeslice!!!!!!!

    We gots Robert freegan Ferguson, a guy who could not beat out the rookie Packers draft picks!!!!

    HellfrigginLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Ferguson lead the Vikings team with the most receptions & tied with the most yards in yesterdays game.

    Obviously, you must not have watched the game.
    I think the guy means If Fergie is our number one option in WR,there is something wrong with
    this team....

    We better draft or FA any WR in the postseason,we just can´t be a serious contender with this WR roster....
    El underdog.

  3. #13
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    The simple answer is; childress doesn't want the competition. AFter all, a veteran QB might have his own opinion.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  4. #14
    ap07 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    21

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    What I was trying to say is this:

    1, A vet qb can lead us to more wins.

    2. Our wr dont compare to the Packers wr.
    Ours are not used enough to know what we even have.
    3. Why are people talking about McNabb?
    Is he available at seasons end?

    4. Sidney Rice NEEDS to play alot more.
    I dont remember seeing him in the game yesterday.
    We need to turn our game into more passing, Maybe 60% pass and 40% run.

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    We have had Veteran QB's in the last two years, just not the right ones or the line that can protect them. Being a veteran QB does not translate to success. Being the right QB with the right coaching staff helps.

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "ap07" wrote:
    What I was trying to say is this:

    1, A vet qb can lead us to more wins.

    2. Our wr dont compare to the Packers wr.
    Ours are not used enough to know what we even have.
    3. Why are people talking about McNabb?
    Is he available at seasons end?

    4. Sidney Rice NEEDS to play alot more.
    I dont remember seeing him in the game yesterday.

    We need to turn our game into more passing, Maybe 60% pass and 40% run.
    He is unhappy in Philly and even expressed a desire to become a Viking. Also, Terry Bradshaw mentioned it during the pregame show and said it would be a good idea for both parties. I agree with him.

    He was deactivated with an injury.

  7. #17
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "El" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Metrodump" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Farve,,,, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do

    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.........GEZZUZ H........reload and post
    wiff some seriousness next time homeslice!!!!!!!

    We gots Robert freegan Ferguson, a guy who could not beat out the rookie Packers draft picks!!!!

    HellfrigginLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Ferguson lead the Vikings team with the most receptions & tied with the most yards in yesterdays game.

    Obviously, you must not have watched the game.
    I think the guy means If Fergie is our number one option in WR,there is something wrong with
    this team....

    We better draft or FA any WR in the postseason,we just can´t be a serious contender with this WR roster....

    We have decent WR's, not the best no, but decent.
    We have the talent at WR to compete, but not the QB to get it to them consistantly and make the right calls at the line.

    Say what you will about their individual flaws compared to some WR's, but Williamson, Rice, Ferguson, Wade, & even Allison all can play at this level.

    Williamson has come MILES last year, his hands and vision have improved dramatically, and theres a few times this year he would have had more deep TD's, had the ball been placed better or actually to him.
    You can't teach speed.

    Rice has the best hands on the team, end of story.
    He's not the fastest on the team, but the hell if he doesnt have talent.
    I'm excited to see what he becomes in this league.

    Ferguson is reliable, he's nothing terrific but he plays a physical game and is a strong person.
    He still shows a good energy in his play and is always accepting of his role.

    Wade is a reliable slot receiver, he makes for a good 3rd WR or so.. he's definatly not a #1 and it sucks that he was brought into a situation where more was asked of him that he can deliver, it wasnt fair to put the expectations on him that we did this season, i think he's done a decent job coping with that.

    Allison has a lot of potential (a word we use a lot on this team.. lol).
    I was really excited watching this kid in training camp this year, i think he has the stuff to get it done in this league if given the chance, he's no Rice, but he's a competetor, just wait & see.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Here we go.
    Look what the vets do in the league.
    They put up big numbers and win games.
    Look at Farve, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do, all he does is win.
    Brett is 12-1 the last 13 games.
    So this tells me we need to sign a vet that understands the game and can get the ball to the wr.
    If we had any type of passing game our wr would be something.
    Without a doubt we could be 6-3 or 7-2.
    When you lose alot of close games due to how bad are qb play is, we will continue to lose.
    Kurt Warner would be a good fit for us.
    What is the plan for us? Winke was in town this week any update on him?
    There is nothing we can do this year. McNabb is the answer for next couple years while TJ sits and learns.
    McNabb is under contract with the Philadelphia eagles for the next couple years.
    I wish people would stop acting like he's available right now - because he isn't.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Here we go.
    Look what the vets do in the league.
    They put up big numbers and win games.
    Look at Farve, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do, all he does is win.
    Brett is 12-1 the last 13 games.
    So this tells me we need to sign a vet that understands the game and can get the ball to the wr.
    If we had any type of passing game our wr would be something.
    Without a doubt we could be 6-3 or 7-2.
    When you lose alot of close games due to how bad are qb play is, we will continue to lose.
    Kurt Warner would be a good fit for us.
    What is the plan for us? Winke was in town this week any update on him?
    There is nothing we can do this year. McNabb is the answer for next couple years while TJ sits and learns.
    McNabb is under contract with the Philadelphia eagles for the next couple years.
    I wish people would stop acting like he's available right now - because he isn't.

    =Z=
    I never said he was available now. What makes you think he will not be available for trade next year?

  10. #20
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Why don't we sign a vet qb??

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ap07" wrote:
    Here we go.
    Look what the vets do in the league.
    They put up big numbers and win games.
    Look at Farve, he is 38 years old, has less talent at wr than we do, all he does is win.
    Brett is 12-1 the last 13 games.
    So this tells me we need to sign a vet that understands the game and can get the ball to the wr.
    If we had any type of passing game our wr would be something.
    Without a doubt we could be 6-3 or 7-2.
    When you lose alot of close games due to how bad are qb play is, we will continue to lose.
    Kurt Warner would be a good fit for us.
    What is the plan for us? Winke was in town this week any update on him?
    There is nothing we can do this year. McNabb is the answer for next couple years while TJ sits and learns.
    McNabb is under contract with the Philadelphia eagles for the next couple years.
    I wish people would stop acting like he's available right now - because he isn't.

    =Z=
    that doesnt mean he's not available for trade, its obvious his time in philly is over.
    (not that i'm pushin for him as our #1 option, i havnt joined that bandwagon yet)


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. lol , best sign ever
    By Krumb in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 07:19 PM
  2. We did sign Gus
    By vikings4life33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 05:59 PM
  3. What if we sign NO QB?
    By VikesFan787 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 05:32 AM
  4. Best Fan Sign EVER
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 05:58 AM
  5. SIGN HIM!!!!!!!1
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 07:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •