Why don't the Vikings trade for Wes Welker?

Simple question really. Why not? He is currently on a one year contract, and while we may not be going anywhere this year, we could easily sign him to a 2-3 year extension. His value at this point is probably 5-6 million per. He could probably be attained from the Patriots nazi regime for only a 3rd or 4th rounder. Ponder needs a reliable target to catch the ball in clutch situations. I realize Percy is currently our "slot" guy, but he shouldn't be as far as I'm concerned. And he may walk. So...how about it?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    We already have a wes welker, his name is Percy Harvin.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Maybe we'll go after Welker when Harvin goes down. At the rate we're using him, he'll be broken down by week 5. He was already looking a little sore and cramped up last week.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Harvin is good in the slot and Simpson is back next week. No need for Welker
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    We already have a wes welker, his name is Percy Harvin.
    What he said.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg