Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Why Don't the Fans Buy The Vikes?

Not sure if this topic has been discussed or not, but why don't we start organizing Viking fans to buy the Vikes ourselves? Packers did it, why can't we? Then we can guarantee the Vikes stay in Minnesota, make the right decisions for the Team, Fans, community etc.

I'm sure you could get thousands of fans to invest thousands of dollars and hundreds of fans to invest tens of thousands if not millions.

Any thoughts?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why Don't the Fans Buy The Vikes?

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    Not sure if this topic has been discussed or not, but why don't we start organizing Viking fans to buy the Vikes ourselves? Packers did it, why can't we? Then we can guarantee the Vikes stay in Minnesota, make the right decisions for the Team, Fans, community etc.

I'm sure you could get thousands of fans to invest thousands of dollars and hundreds of fans to invest tens of thousands if not millions.

Any thoughts?
    The NFL won't allow it (they made an exception for Green Bay for both historical reasons and so that the team could never be moved). The NFL requires that the majority partner own at least 30% of the team...which is why they forced the 10 former Minnesota partners who owned 10% each to sell the team to Red.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Why Don't the Fans Buy The Vikes?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The NFL won't allow it (they made an exception for Green Bay for both historical reasons and so that the team could never be moved). The NFL requires that the majority partner own at least 30% of the team...which is why they forced the 10 former Minnesota partners who owned 10% each to sell the team to Red.
    Exactly correct :salute:

Mr. O is offline Starter

To add to Cajun's post, the reason the NFL requires a 30% majority partner is for financial insurance. The league does not want to be in a position to have to bail out a franchise, or have a franchise fold because the ownership does not have enough financial backing to keep itself afloat.
    This is one of the reasons why the NFL is the most successful leagues, if not THE most successful, in the world.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

Vikadelic is offline Starter

Well, why couldn't the state become 30% owners of the team. If the Vikes were owned by the state and they got the revenue from stadium, television etc. it would take care of a ton of deficit problems. It would probably be one of the only State entities that pays back into the General Fund. Sell stock for the rest of the team then.

I realize this couldn't happen but it would sure be nice.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

The state can't even build a stadium.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I would definitely be on board for a little stock in the vikings!! It is a nice idea but it will never happen, oh well!! Man to have 650 million dollars right now!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

duh! i only have $649,999,999! oh now wait , i didn't carry the one-- i only have 10 bucks! ha

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

You can start sneding your $$$ to me! :lol: I'll put it to good use!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikadelic" wrote:
    Well, why couldn't the state become 30% owners of the team. If the Vikes were owned by the state and they got the revenue from stadium, television etc. it would take care of a ton of deficit problems. It would probably be one of the only State entities that pays back into the General Fund. Sell stock for the rest of the team then.

I realize this couldn't happen but it would sure be nice.
    The main reason that won't happen is that the NFL WANTS a majority owner to be in control of the team...it allows the team to hold the city where it plays for ransom come stadium building time (sound familiar)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast