Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Why doesn't Daunte get respect?

He doesn't get respect because we were 8-8 last year, have choked down the line the past two years and have only had 2 winning seasons with him as our QB. I'm not putting it on him, but when you don't win games the QB will not get respect.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

its true italion. thats why mcnabb is so overated.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't agree that Daunte doesn't get respect. Maybe his year was slightly overshadowed by Peytons, but I think most people who follow football believe Daunte is a very good QB. If they didn't, he wouldn't have gone to the pro bowl.... Same for Sanata, and KG....They must be getting "respect" or they wouldn't be cy young winner/mvp. Also people in a Giants board are going to think higher of there players then we do... thats how fans are... we do the same thing. Peoples opinons of Darren Shaper changed draumatically over the past week or so on vikings and packers boards.

THE_ANIMAL_06 is offline Waterboy

I for one would seriously take culpepper above any QB in the league right now and in the future he is goin to absolutly dominate i garuntee it. The one thing I herd you guys say earlier is how the media is goin to say we'll struggle and all that and I'm all w/ ya on how it will be that much greater when we win the super bowl except them annoying pricks on ESPN like SHAUN SALSBERRY (however u spell it) will all of a sudden start saying he knew it all along and completely go reverse on what ever he said through out the whole season.

Anyways go PEP

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

Re: Why doesn't Daunte get respect?

"insomniac" wrote:
    Daunte Culpepper gets no respect there are people on the espn message boards who think eli manning is better... i think eli is piss.... giant fans are the most ignorant people i have ever met.
    The answer is Randy Moss. People think he did good because of Randy Moss plain & simple. They will find out this year he is great though. Not many people know but Culpepper did set the NCAA record for completion % in a season.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Perhaps people who never watch Vikings games underestimate him. From seeing what the media says, I would have to say he isn't underrated or not talked about at all. Did he win a superbowl? nah, 3 superbowls in 4 years? nah. Break Marino's record? No. Its no wonder other QB's get talked about too. Del Rio, you mentioned he got benched. I missed that, which game, which year? He is definitly top 3 QB in the league and from what I have read the media thinks so too. This reminds me of the 25 articles I have read on the net about how underrated Tom Brady is. He isn't. And 25 articles about him in 3 months certainly doesn't make him even more underrated.

Del Rio Guest

I believe it was the Giants I don't recall which year maybe someone can help me out on this. Or maybe I'm smoking something. Could have been 2002 when he managed to throw 23 interceptions and fumble the ball 23 times.

He has definately had his growing pains. And I think that is why he is as good as he is now. I also think that is why he is for the most part unprooven. He has to win the big games he has to stand out.

I'm looking for what happened exactly UT I will update this post when I get it.

Re: Why doesn't Daunte get respect?

"insomniac" wrote:
    Daunte Culpepper gets no respect there are people on the espn message boards who think eli manning is better... i think eli is piss.... giant fans are the most ignorant people i have ever met.
    part of the reason is he hasn't shown consistant mental toughness. Let's face it a few years ago, he was throwing picks like they were free beers to the defenses. He also has consistantly had fumble problems. Those picks and fumbles lose games, I don't care how many spectacular scrambling around plays he makes, and people ooooh and ahhh over them....if he keeps costing us games by his poor decision making he'll never get the respect he could get if he played more intelligently. Sometimes he just tries to do too much. He also doesn't seem to have the best pocket awareness either.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

I don't know fellas. Daunte's played five games without Moss in his career. I'd be very worried about trying to put the offense on his shoulders. I hope that we do put a greater emphasis on running like we've said. I think we work best when we're not passing so much. I don't have any data to back me up, but it seems like every time Daunte throws for over 300 yds, we either lose, or it's real close.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

How can Johan Santana win a Cy Young "quietly". How can KG win the MVP and no one remembers it. How can Daunte throw for 40 TD's and fans on message boards think that Roethlisberger, Manning, and Rivers are better?

I totally agree, but the real question is how can anyone even pur Eli and Daunte on the same level.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast