Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Why does Vince Young not get the scrutiny that Tavaris Jackson receives?

Statistically - both QB are nearly identical this year.
    You would think more would be expected from Vince Young, but it seems the media expects more from Jackson.

Having watched Jackson over the past several games - I must say that Id rather have Jackson on my team than Vince Young.
    Jackson's pocket presence is very underrated and he is lokking more and more comfortable every week.

Anyone feel Jackson is more under the microscope than Vince Young?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why does Vince Young not get the scrutiny that Tavaris Jackson receives?

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    Statistically - both QB are nearly identical this year.
    You would think more would be expected from Vince Young, but it seems the media expects more from Jackson.

Having watched Jackson over the past several games - I must say that Id rather have Jackson on my team than Vince Young.
    Jackson's pocket presence is very underrated and he is lokking more and more comfortable every week.

Anyone feel Jackson is more under the microscope than Vince Young?

Only within the universe of Vikings fans.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

The problem with Tjack is that when he makes a mistake it looks aweful.
    He jump shots his passes among other things. When Vince makes a mistake it doesn't look as bad...

However, I agree that Tjack is the media's whipping boy. Vince also has proven himself to be a winner.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

You would think Vince Young would get more scrutiny due to the fact he was a much higher draft pick.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I just dont understand why Vince Young has been labeled a superstar and TJ a bust.
    If anything TJ has been a greater surprise and seems to have greater upside if you watch both players carefully.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Uhhh...He does.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Young is being scrutinized more this year as everyone realizes that he's not living up to his God-like expectations.
    TJack is facing a lot of scrutiny, but rightly so- we're on the verge of a playoff appearance and he needs to be on when we're mowing our way to the Bowl.
    At the start of the season, lots of people said that our season would depend on his play, and he's done what he's needed to do lately.
    Young's inconsistency will probably lead to them missing the playoffs when it looked like they would be a contender.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Uhhh...He does.
    From what I have seen on ESPN and other sources, Yes.

I'm pretty sure Zeus basically nailed it.
    Only Vikings fans will think that Tarvaris is under more scrutiny than Vince Young.

Young has been bashed constantly by at least Merril Hoge since he's come into the league.
    This year he has been pretty bad, and the other national pundits have been all over him.

To any extent this is true though, I think the reason would be two-fold: 1) Vince Young has played better (mostly) than Tarvaris; and 2) a lot of the pundits said he was good, and are now somewhat invested in proving themselves right.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

It all comes down to thier reputations.
    When they are wrong they will do anything to save thiers.
    In most cases that means they will spin reality to fit the situation and try to claim they have been saying that all along.

Case in point.
    We are now seeing the local press try to cover thier tracks after they beat the ole Chiller down for being a authoritarian type of coach and tried to run him out of town for being to hard headed and unwilling to change.
    Now that we are winning they are trying to spin it that we are winning because the Chiller finally listed to them and he has changed/softened his approach with respect to dealing with players and changed his scheme to match the "Players Talent" when in fact he really hasn't.

As with the spin the local hacks have done with the Chiller, the National media types are trying to save thier reputations after all the spin they put on VY has proved to be faulty.

Long story short, whatever the press/talking heads spew forth most believe.
    If they turn out to be wrong they either try to blame someone else for causing thier heralded subject to fail.
    Believe it or not, the masses will believe them.

Very sad my friends.
    Very sad.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast