Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bfld is offline Rookie

Re: Why does local press HATE Vikes

Let's not get paranoid. Accusing Sid of being anti-Viking is over the top. He's one of the biggest homers around and will schill for any Minn. pro-sports team or the U of M. How many years has he predicted that if (fill in the team name) doesn't get a new stadium or arena that year they are gone? He even had a few nice things to say about Red as long as Red owned the team.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Y'know, whut makes me mad is da fact dat Fav-ray can have a lousy game like he had last night against da Ravens, refuses to talk to da media, and no one dares call him on dat, y'know?

I will never understand why Fav-ray gets a pass like dat, y'know? Why is da media so hard on udder people, but kisses Fav-ray's footballs, y'know?

Fav-ray is just a spoiled punk liddle redneck boy, dat's all. When someone in da media finally does, if ever, take him to task on dis, I will kiss his butt!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Sid Hartman and Patrick Reusse are sh!tty newswriters. Reusse reminds me of a pedophile child molester...he's a creepy looking bastard and all of his stuff tends to be negative....I think he just hates the world cuz god made him so a$$ ugly....Hartman I heard was a suck up to the players in private, but his stories don't reflect that....I think he's an old backstabber than deserves a Sam Cowart azz whooopin! They both need to step down cuz they're stories suck and Mark Craig (even though he's a nerd) can write a lot better and understands that without local media homers the Vikes got nobody reppin them in the media....everybody hates our team and it pisses me off big time!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Look at the news today for instance:

Patrick Reusse (Patrick douche) wrote:

Assessing the NFC North

Mark down Bob Smizik of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette among the unimpressed after watching the Steelers play the elite of the NFC North, the Bears and the Vikings, the past two weeks.

"For the second consecutive Sunday the Steelers -- coming off three consecutive losses -- went up against an NFC North power," Smizik wrote. "For the second consecutive time they did everything but make their opponent beg for mercy.

"The riding-high Vikings, winners of six in a row, looked like some junior varsity team, which was pretty much the way the Bears, winners of eight in a row, looked seven days earlier."

Don't you hate reading the truth, Vikings fans?

Sid Hartman writes a feature story about Atwaan Randle El and Tyrone Carter!? WTF?! A Steelers story in the flippin paper two days after they beat the Vikes? WHO CARES? Nobody wants to hear about the Steelers right now....thats like a slap in the face to the Vikes!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

when you lose people can find the smallest things to bitch about
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I live in Dallas and trust me, the press here can be brutal. I just heard this guy on the radio giving coach Bill Parcells an "F" for his 3 years here so far. He said, anyone could take Jerry Jone's money and "buy" a team. It is pretty brutal down here too.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I live in Dallas and trust me, the press here can be brutal. I just heard this guy on the radio giving coach Bill Parcells an "F" for his 3 years here so far. He said, anyone could take Jerry Jone's money and "buy" a team. It is pretty brutal down here too.
    Yeah, but the difference is that Cowboy fans are mostly fair-weather fans...I know because I lived there when they were 1-15 and 7-9 (before they won those 3 SBs)...the fans called in every day and cried like little babies! :cry:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sureban is offline Rookie

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    So I read the Mpls/St. Paul newspaper on line this morning and all I see is hateful remarks about the Vikings.
    He's a couple of examples...
    At least one Green Bay Packers fan found all this Vikings talk more sad than amusing. "They blew it for their fans, and they blew it for their new stadium," said Chuck Hacker, 56, of Minneapolis.
    There's a consensus that the Vikings proposal with Anoka County officials won't have much of a chance in the 2006 legislative session and that proposals for a University of Minnesota football stadium and a Minnesota Twins baseball stadium are higher priorities for at least some public financing.
    It's a worn-out, worthless motivational tactic, but Vikings coach Mike Tice couldn't resist offering the no-respect angle to his players as fuel to prepare for the Steelers' visit.
    The Whizzinator was the most humiliating event involving an athlete and his employer in the history of American sports. Period.
    I guess I wouldn't blame the Vikings if they packed up their bags and moved to another town. And this isn't just recent stuff. It's been going on for years. Patrick Reusse of the Tribune has always hated the Vikings and spill his contempt for the team whenever he gets a chance.
    And if we lose against the Steelers the press will blame everyone but themselves. And yet I believe team members are effected by the press as much as anything else.
    I am ashamed at the local press -- not with the Vikings! The Twin Cities deserve better than this drivel.

It blows my mind; I read all of the Minn. papers online, and this is a constant. It seems to be that way in most cities though.

Sincerely,
    Mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123