Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gift is offline Coordinator

Re: Why does local press HATE Vikes

the star trib called my work friday looking to do a mocking story regarding the "loveboat". I told them to take a hike...i got your back vikes
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

The worst thing this year was in the Pioneer Press the day before the second Viking/Packer game and guess who was on the cover of the Vikings extra?? Brett Favre, and it was titled "The Favre Factor." I could not believe it, I was so mad.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that we often get the short end of the stick. Maybe its because we've never won a super bowl. Maybe its because they think the team is going to flop like it usually does. It's hard being a Vikings fan, but its even more sad that LOCAL media gives up hope so easily.

If we only listened to what the Minneapolis media said, we'd all be Packer fans. Sad but true.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

oh no! the media said some bad things about me team after they did some incredibly embarrassing things!

the media doesn't hate the vikings. its thier job to critical of them, and of everything they cover. if all you want is good news, listen to PA on kfan.

It is a trend in Sports Media throughout the USA. Here in St. Louis, the Rams bashing is overdone. I have heard and read the same style tin many cities. It's easy to write bashing stories. This style doesn't take much effort.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Did anyone else here Sid taking Ticey to task today on the press conference on NFL network ... Sid can barely talk he's so damn old and could hardly form a sentence.

Sid asked something like, "How can this team poss. consider itself in a postion to compete against the "elite" teams in the NFL?" ... Just being an all around a$$ about it ... Ticey said something like, With all the rotation on the O-line and injury's its tough. That it begins with the "O" and "D" lines.

Then Sid said something else negative and I switched the channel. Sid, Reuse, and the rest just need to be ran out of town or put out to pasture in S.D..

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"WaywardHoosier" wrote:
    It is a trend in Sports Media throughout the USA. Here in St. Louis, the Rams bashing is overdone. I have heard and read the same style tin many cities. It's easy to write bashing stories. This style doesn't take much effort.
    In Canada here, local media tends to be the opposite. I think it has something to do with americans love of hero destruction, or tabloidism where negative press seems to sell better.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

Its not just the Minn. local media. It is everywhere. I live in Illinois and its not just because it is bears country. The Vikes are disliked for whatever the reason. This year it is the love boat, the previous years it was Moss, and before that it was Warren Moon hitting his wive or Krammer and Millard drinking.

For some reason the fact Favre had a drinking problem and a Vicoden addiction, Jamal Lewis sells drugs and does jail time, Curruth is in jail for murder, or Irvin was busted every other week for drugs just doesn't seem as important as Tice scalping tickets or Randy squirting an official.

Even all of the websites I go to to get the latest NFL news always seems to be negative about the VIkes.

I personally just ignore it. I used to get mad, but I guess if you cant play the sport and can only write about it then they must have a bit of jealously.

I will go on record that if Minnesota won three straight super bowls you woul never here them talked about in the same group as the Cowboys, Steelers, or Patriots. Less face it we are the red headed step children of the NFL. So the only thing to do is to hope Ziggy is true to his word and brings the Viking fans some superbowl wins and just let the purple hater eat crow.

Skol

LunchBox is offline Rookie

No, the Twin Cities media, especially Reusse, is very anti-Vikings. Believe me, here in Packer land (help me!) things are much more positive. I'm always stunned reading the Trib when I go home for breaks. I think Reusse's puppy must have been run over by a Minnesota Viking when he was little.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It's because the local media are a bunch of pencil D!CKS...and they all WISH they could have been on that boat...since no decent looking women would ever give those clowns a sniff of it!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast