Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Why does local press HATE Vikes

So I read the Mpls/St. Paul newspaper on line this morning and all I see is hateful remarks about the Vikings.
    He's a couple of examples...
    At least one Green Bay Packers fan found all this Vikings talk more sad than amusing. "They blew it for their fans, and they blew it for their new stadium," said Chuck Hacker, 56, of Minneapolis.
    There's a consensus that the Vikings proposal with Anoka County officials won't have much of a chance in the 2006 legislative session and that proposals for a University of Minnesota football stadium and a Minnesota Twins baseball stadium are higher priorities for at least some public financing.
    It's a worn-out, worthless motivational tactic, but Vikings coach Mike Tice couldn't resist offering the no-respect angle to his players as fuel to prepare for the Steelers' visit.
    The Whizzinator was the most humiliating event involving an athlete and his employer in the history of American sports. Period.
    I guess I wouldn't blame the Vikings if they packed up their bags and moved to another town. And this isn't just recent stuff. It's been going on for years. Patrick Reusse of the Tribune has always hated the Vikings and spill his contempt for the team whenever he gets a chance.
    And if we lose against the Steelers the press will blame everyone but themselves. And yet I believe team members are effected by the press as much as anything else.
    I am ashamed at the local press -- not with the Vikings! The Twin Cities deserve better than this drivel.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Why does local press HATE Vikes

I think someone peed in Reusse's coffee one time in the locker room and he hasn't got over it yet. His contempt is completely transparent and just makes me question his journalism.

Sad thing: he's a homer in hater clothes.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I agree 100%. They have been hating on the Vikes for so long, I have become numb to it. No matter what anyone says, people do read this junk and take it as the gospel truth.

I dont' know for sure, but I dont see any other NFL team out there that puts up with the shit the Vikes do over such a long period of time from the local media.

As for the new stadium, the last numbers I saw Wilfi and the county had enough money to build an "open air" stadium ... the money from the state would have allowed them the option of a retracable roof ... (anyone correct me if i'm wrong) .... so if this is true, I wish Wilf would thumb his nose at the state and just build the damn thing .... And then BAN the f***ing local media from entering it ....

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"webmaster" wrote:
    I think someone peed in Reusse's coffee one time in the locker room and he hasn't got over it yet. His contempt is completely transparent and just makes me question his journalism.

Sad thing: he's a homer in hater clothes.
    ----> BINGO ... we have a winner .... :cheers:

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It was my understanding that Anoka County and wilf had the money to do the stadium, too. But Anoka County need to OK from the legislature to add the tax and the state was needed to put in the road system which they won't do.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mnjamie" wrote:
    I agree 100%. They have been hating on the Vikes for so long, I have become numb to it. No matter what anyone says, people do read this junk and take it as the gospel truth.

I dont' know for sure, but I dont see any other NFL team out there that puts up with the pooh the Vikes do over such a long period of time from the local media.

As for the new stadium, the last numbers I saw Wilfi and the county had enough money to build an "open air" stadium ... the money from the state would have allowed them the option of a retracable roof ... (anyone correct me if i'm wrong) .... so if this is true, I wish Wilf would thumb his nose at the state and just build the gol 'darnit thing .... And then BAN the f***ing local media from entering it ....
    True that!

I believe Zygi should just build the damn thing himself & keep all the profits. Screw the state.

He can certainly afford the retactable as well. He has other investors in the team as well.

He bought the team for $600M. In September Forbes valued the Vikings at $658M. The only thing keeping them from being valued at $800-$900M is a new stadium.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mnjamie" wrote:
    As for the new stadium, the last numbers I saw Wilfi and the county had enough money to build an "open air" stadium ... the money from the state would have allowed them the option of a retracable roof ... (anyone correct me if i'm wrong) ...
    I believe you are correct!

"Wilf's biggest challenge is getting a new stadium. The Vikings have partnered with Anoka County, with each promising to invest close to $300 million. But they still need the blessing of the state legislature, which continues to put stop signs in front of the Vikings, Twins and Gophers.

"The truth of the matter is I'm willing to invest hundreds of millions of dollars into this development and the team is willing to commit themselves to a venue which is first class," Wilf said. "We deserve that. This is something I will fight hard to get. I think in due time and just patience it will get done."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

the local press doesnt hate the vikings.

they dont hate the vikings any more than any other teams local press hates them.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

this season has been crazy. we are just giving people something to talk about. if we somehoe make it into the playoffs we are probley the best team ever
    We're bringing purple back.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i think its the pioneer press that hates them the most. i usually read startribue online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast