vikesfan is offline Starter

Why does everyone say Vikes gave up on Tice?

I watched the entire Bears game, as I have every game this year, and I'm not seeing how the players have given up on Tice or the season, as many have posted. Yeah, they are playing horrible football right now, but please tell me specifics as to how this team gave up on Tice.

On Sunday NFL Countdown this morning, Michael Irvin said that he's been through what the Vikes went through last week, and he knows that dealing with their families and keeping their marriages together is the main concern on these players minds. Football does not take precedence over family issues. While I'm not making excuses for their play today, it obvious to me why they may have been uninspired for many reasons that has nothing to do with giving up on Tice or the entire '05 season.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Why does everyone say Vikes gave up on Tice?

i still have a lot of respect for Tice you can call me crazy or wahtever you want. he was a freaking o-line coach before he was promoted to the HC and i haven't heard him complain about it at all. he's owned up to the fact that the team is underpreforming this year and hasn't held it against the fans for calling for his head at all. the coach that is a huge question mark to me is Loney, he couldn't coach his way out of a coat.

Thanks Josdin

They looked good early when the game was close. but once Tillman go that pick and ran it back I think they started doubting there ability. I dont think they gave up on Tice or the season I just dont think they belive in themselves.

Hitstick31 is offline Rookie

TO GET RID OF:

Loney
    Tice
    Rosenthal
    Goldberg

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikesfan" wrote:
    I watched the entire Bears game, as I have every game this year, and I'm not seeing how the players have given up on Tice or the season, as many have posted. Yeah, they are playing horrible football right now, but please tell me specifics as to how this team gave up on Tice.

On Sunday NFL Countdown this morning, Michael Irvin said that he's been through what the Vikes went through last week, and he knows that dealing with their families and keeping their marriages together is the main concern on these players minds. Football does not take precedence over family issues. While I'm not making excuses for their play today, it obvious to me why they may have been uninspired for many reasons that has nothing to do with giving up on Tice or the entire '05 season.

The whole thing is, a team with good character shouldn't have to be worried abut their families, cause they wouldn't have gone for the boat ride. I think this type of thing speaks volumes for the type guys we have on this team.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think it time to explore our possibilities.

Tice had 2 weeks to iron out some kinks, and we actually stunk it up worse. Thats just terrible coaching and planning by this organization.