Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why do we need a RB?

i AGREE
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

Why do we need a RB?

and coach tice just said they dont have any of the backs on the trading block so i highly doubt even tho i can see it happening with the vikes management that thay draft a rb

Why do we need a RB?

how about micheal bennett and a second round pick to the cardnals for boldin

spydertl79 is offline Waterboy

Why do we need a RB?

If you draft a RB please trade Moore to Miami, I would want Smith but the fins don't need ANOTHER pothead. http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?p=124765#124765

snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

Why do we need a RB?

Ive seen a couple good points. I

Teams are going to throw 8 men in the box... but guess what. If Braylon, or Mike end up panning out they wont be able to do that. I just done see how you think Cedric benson can run w/ 8 in the box any better than Onterrio could. Onterrio has proven he CAN get the job done. I love Cedric (played against him in high school when he was down at Midland Lee down in texas, we got destroyed btw...) I just dont see why we would draft someone in our teams strongest position.

Something I love about our offense though is we show many different looks. From single back, to I, to 3 receiver sets like back in 98. You cant really have 8 men in the box with 3 receivers.

*IF* we get mike or braylon, I can see them going single coverage on the other side of the field of Nate and being able to beat that number 2 corner. If we can get that to pan out, they will have to go back to 7 in the box w/ two safeties and thats when Our running game with shine with Jimmy K at the lead. Its all about IF's though, and thats what sucks.

I honestly think Onterrio is the way to go. Yes, he has two Possesions. Yes, he has a shaky past. Guess what... if he messes up we still have Bennett, and WHEN he gets injured, we can always go to MM. Ohh wait, forgot to mention our running back we had in 03' that helped us start 6-0. Does anybody remember when Moe was our feature back? 6-0...

We have the running backs... lets get the receiver that has the potential to be a #1. We have great success in the draft getting runningbacks in the later rounds. This draft is way deep in RB talent.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Why do we need a RB?

What about when O. Smith gets injured like he did last year? What about when MM gets injured like he did last year, for that matter, Moe did too. Hmmm. Yep, outta all our backs that got injured, its Bennett that is injury prone. They can put 12 people in the box for all I care. I bet Pep has a BALL with that. Even with no Moss, they can still pass, especially when the defense wants them to. That will all work its self out. Unless we pass 75% of the time.

snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

Why do we need a RB?

Injuries are part of the game, look at Carolina. The odds of all of our running backs getting injured at one time is not that great. Its still by far our deepest position on the team. Bar none. Hell take one of the four out and its still our deepest position. They have great talent yes... but you have to remember, its the offensive line year in and year out that is really getting those people their yards.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

TripB77 is offline Rookie

Why do we need a RB?

We don't need to draft a RB, not this year, not next year. We are going to have one back running this year, I want it to be Mewelde, smith is a good runner but his off the field pastimes might catch up on him. All players will get injured during the course of a season, if we drafted a RB he would get injured too, we cant make the case that because of injuries we need to draft a RB. Keep what we have and work with it. We can only get better.

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Why do we need a RB?

This is not college football. If a team puts 8 men in the box then our offense will just have to run a 4 reciever set, and run from that. That pretty much takes care of that. Or if they want to put 8 in the box then Wiggens will just have to get behind the safety that is up and get a couple 20 yard catches and that will take care of that 8th man in the box.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Norseman1775 is offline Waterboy

Why do we need a RB?

I don't think our RB situation is much different than our WR situation. Both positions have solid players and and have good depth but no elite players. I feel real comfortable saying that Daunte will make the WRs look better than they are, and also feel comfortable saying that our O-line and Kleinsasser will make our RBs look better than they are. I think the main reason everyone believes we need an explosive WR is because we had Randy Moss all these years. If we would have just traded Ladanian Thomlinson to the Raiders everyone would be expecting us to draft one of the big three RBs. Personally I hope we get DJ at #7, but RBs that are worth being picked in the top 10 picks of the draft don't come along often (LT was the last one back in 01') and this year there are 3. I have never seen that kind of RB in a Vikings uniform. We don't have a huge need at RB, but I certainly won't shead any tears if we end up with any of the big 3 RBs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast