Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    snakethejake83 is offline Training Camp

Why do we need a RB?

I am honestly wondering why I keep reading people say that we need to "draft a RB" or trade for Edge/Alexander.

Ask yourself this question. Which running back in our system in the last basically 10 years hasnt done well? Hell Leroy Hoard was able to pick up the slack in 99 when Smith went down. We have a great offensive line every year basically because Tice has done a good job in that department. We led the NFL in rushing just two years ago.

IT DOESNT matter which running back we have back there. They are going to do well. Do we need to pick one back to stay back there? Yes. Tice already said he was going to. RB is the deepest part of our team and you want to draft another one. You claim that we didnt have a running game last year but remember, the best blocking FB in the league was basically injured last year, and we had a rookie starting at Tackle along with Birk out for a bit.

I just dont understand why people want to draft someone to add to our position with the most depth, which we are still VERY young at. MM is gonna be in his 2nd year, and onterrio in his 3rd. Bennett is to injury prone and needs to get traded. We also have moe williams back there who is a great 3rd down back.

After the signing of Sam, It points to one position to draft. WR. Marcus Robinson is getting older. Basically Burleson is our only proven one that can play. We need to draft a WR that can make plays THIS YEAR and not a Running back who will sit on the bench.

Remember, this is just MY opinion. Please pick it apart, i love to debate.
    You know it s going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
    -Charles Barkley

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Why do we need a RB?

"snakethejake83" wrote:
    I am honestly wondering why I keep reading people say that we need to "draft a RB" or trade for Edge/Alexander.

Ask yourself this question. Which running back in our system in the last basically 10 years hasnt done well? Hell Leroy Hoard was able to pick up the slack in 99 when Smith went down. We have a great offensive line every year basically because Tice has done a good job in that department. We led the NFL in rushing just two years ago.

IT DOESNT matter which running back we have back there. They are going to do well. Do we need to pick one back to stay back there? Yes. Tice already said he was going to. RB is the deepest part of our team and you want to draft another one. You claim that we didnt have a running game last year but remember, the best blocking FB in the league was basically injured last year, and we had a rookie starting at Tackle along with Birk out for a bit.

I just dont understand why people want to draft someone to add to our position with the most depth, which we are still VERY young at. MM is gonna be in his 2nd year, and onterrio in his 3rd. Bennett is to injury prone and needs to get traded. We also have moe williams back there who is a great 3rd down back.

After the signing of Sam, It points to one position to draft. WR. Marcus Robinson is getting older. Basically Burleson is our only proven one that can play. We need to draft a WR that can make plays THIS YEAR and not a Running back who will sit on the bench.

Your right, we dont need a RB. The reason why our ground game sucks is because Tice is stupid enough to not start MM. MM had our only 100-yd games this year, but Tice said "he needs to carve a role for himself". If we start MM next year, our ground game will be beast.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Why do we need a RB?

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "snakethejake83" wrote:

Your right, we dont need a RB. The reason why our ground game sucks is because Tice is stupid enough to not start MM. MM had our only 100-yd games this year, but Tice said "he needs to carve a role for himself". If we start MM next year, our ground game will be beast.
    All of our backs have question marks:
    Bennett : does seem durable
    Smith: one puff away from a year long suspension
    Moe: hes getting older
    Moore: I heard on kfan that Tice was disapointed in him because he didnt have much of a drive to return after the injury.

Why do we need a RB?

No Moss=Much tougher to run the ball

Almost any RB looks good when they have a pretty good O line like we do and when they are only facing 7 men in the box.

The only RB that I think would be up to the challenge would be Onterrio, and thats not even known really. Also, as briboy mentioned, he is on the brink of pulling a Ricky.

If we got Ronnie Brown or Cedric Benson, I think we would finally see that the RBs we have now are pretty average.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Why do we need a RB?

thats crazy in the nfl the o line is half the reason for a rb's success sure they have to be quick and get thru the whole and break tackels but the line makes the back just look at the denver broncos backs over the past how many years guys uve never heard of rush for bunches every year the vikes are fine for this yaer they dont need a rb that is crazyness but i wouldnt put it past the vikings to take one and
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Why do we need a RB?

No Moss=Much tougher to run the ball
    I agree 100% with this. With Moss gone, our offense is most likely gonna face 8 guys in the box the majority of the time. When Moss was on the field, you couldn't do that. I wouldn't mind a RB with the #7 pick, but only if both Edwards and Williams are gone. Also, just wondering who else out there hasn't given up on Bennett yet. I think he can be a really good back, if he can stay healthy, which I think he will this season.

Why do we need a RB?

if u think bennett will be healthy then why would u want them to draft another back they have 4 already

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Why do we need a RB?

I said I wouldn't mind it, if Williams and Edwards were gone. Who else would you have them take at #7. Maybe Williamson, but that is a bit of a reach. I would like to have Derrick Johnson on the team but I doubt that will happen based on the Vikes getting Harris and Cowart. There's no guards even close too good enough to go that high. Maybe a DE, but even with that I don't think any of the top players are deserving of the #7. I guess that if this were to happen, the best thing to do would be to trade down. However, if they took a RB, I wouldn't mind it.

Why do we need a RB?

i guess your right the pry will draft a rb i can remember the last time the vikings didnt sign or draft a rb in the off season

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Why do we need a RB?

we dont need to draft a runningback, we are stacked with them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast