Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    parsongeorge is offline Starter

why do the viking db's play so far off the line?

I would rather see the vikings play tighter coverage off the line and get burned deep a few times a game then to have ALL teams that we play slowly and methodically drive down the field on us picking up 7-10 yards on each damn play. I'm sooooo sick of it that I want to destroy something in my house when i see it. It's NOT even my fault, but I have to suffer while I watch it. And hey Cottrel, if you are going to blitz, pick a blitz package that actually works. I mean come on dude, we blitz maybe twice a game if we are lucky and then when we do we cant get any pressure on the qb. If the vikings play their defenders 5-6 yards off the line in this next game, THEY WILL LOSE!! Plus they have to worry about stopping Portis. You know this game will be Arizona relived, unless we can get some pressure on the qb. This game will come down to the wire....like every game this year except for Dallas who we beat and the Giants, who destroyed us. I hope i'm wrong but, I'm seeing us make another pathetic offense look good. Godspeed Minnesota Vikings...GODSPEED!!! :rabbit:
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Portis is out for the game, he got hurt on sunday and will miss the game.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Yea, I have no idea why they play so far off their man.....Especially when we blitz.....it makes no sense...

skogs02 is offline Starter

cuz if they play tighter coverage it is much easier for the wideouts to burn them deep!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"skogs02" wrote:
    cuz if they play tighter coverage it is much easier for the wideouts to burn them deep!

Some players you have to show respect and give thema few yards but we play everybody like they are Moss or TO and they still get burned!

Move up to the line and knock a couple receivers on their ass, send a message to the league that we can hit and we can hurt you! Plus it will disrupt some timing patterns or routes over the middle.

And for pete's sack can you blitz a little more, hurry the QB alittle and make something happen.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"skogs02" wrote:
    It makes me sick. When we do blitz we're playing loose in the secondary so the QB can find open receivers quickly. If we tighten up the coverage AND blitz more than once in awhile the QB won't have time to find deep receivers.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"skogs02" wrote:
    Brian Williams is quite proficient and getting burned on his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

There's not alot of CB's that can cover for over 5 seconds, thats about the amount of time our d line has been giving oposing QB's to throw in the last two games. In result it has been Brian Williams worst two games of the year.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Well even when we do blitz do we ever get pressure on the qb? It seems like our cb and safety blitzs always get picked up.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Because that is where Cottrell tells them to line up. He designed the defense. Either our players are really crappy and Cottrell has no confidence in them, and they are only able to play a poor prevent defense, or Cottrell is a really poor DC. Or it is some combination of the above. What ever it is, it isn't working. :roll:

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast