Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    87

    Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    You know what grinds my gears?
    When packers fans, Vikings fans, and columnists say the only reason we are winning because out defense makes plays and they are saving out offense?

    Who gives a shit?!?!

    Yeah we get it our pass offense isnt that great and our QB is old balls, and we dont have a lights out offense....but thats the reason why our defense is that much more important.

    Having the 2nd best rush defense, and a much improved pass defense (going from last to somewhere in the middle according to ranks) is sweet as hell! and people can complain and complain about childress and the QB situation, but we don't have any better options this year unless AP takes over the QB position....

    Sooooo.....stop crying about how our defense is the only thing keeping us in these games and embrace the fact that we arent the gol darn lions, or saints or have the siv of a rush defense the packers have, and love our defense!!!!!!!!!!

    Thats what grinds my gears yall!

    Thoughts?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    130

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    "UMD_Bleeds_Purple" wrote:
    You know what grinds my gears?
    When packers fans, Vikings fans, and columnists say the only reason we are winning because out defense makes plays and they are saving out offense?

    Who gives a pooh?!?!

    Yeah we get it our pass offense isnt that great and our QB is old balls, and we dont have a lights out offense....but thats the reason why our defense is that much more important.

    Having the 2nd best rush defense, and a much improved pass defense (going from last to somewhere in the middle according to ranks) is sweet as hell! and people can complain and complain about childress and the QB situation, but we don't have any better options this year unless AP takes over the QB position....

    Sooooo.....stop crying about how our defense is the only thing keeping us in these games and embrace the fact that we arent the gol darn lions, or saints or have the siv of a rush defense the packers have, and love our defense!!!!!!!!!!

    Thats what grinds my gears yall!

    Thoughts?

    Well said sir, well said.
    People treat it as a bad thing.
    "Oh, your Defense is the only reason you won that game"... OK, I'm OK with that.
    It's better than saying your defense is the reason we LOST the game.
    I'm sorry, but didn't Baltimore win a Superbowl with a stellar defense and OK offense.
    I'm pretty sure the defense won a few games for that team, and I bet they were just fine accepting those W's.

  3. #3
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    See --->
    [size=13pt]Is anyone else tired of this negative, fatalistic bullshit? [/size]

    A thread complaining about people complaining....LOL!

    Should be damn glad our D has kept us in some games.

  4. #4
    JellyBean2144's Avatar
    JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    475

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    We gotta complain about something.

  5. #5
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    Because defense is a reaction to a play. Offense is the play.

    If your defense carries your team a feeling of inability to create your own offense is created.

    If you play a team that executes, limits mistakes, and can kick field goals, you are unsure you can win.


    In other words I believe people consider good defensive play nothing more then poor offensive play by the opposition. We are never in control of our destiny we have to hope the other team messes up.

    I personally do not believe that is the case, but I am willing to wager that is why people complain about our defense winning games because I have seen and experienced that attitude and misconception since pee wee football.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  6. #6
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?


    Tis the season to give thanks my friends ;D

  7. #7
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    "Del" wrote:
    Because defense is a reaction to a play. Offense is the play.

    If your defense carries your team a feeling of inability to create your own offense is created.

    If you play a team that executes, limits mistakes, and can kick field goals, you are unsure you can win.


    In other words I believe people consider good defensive play nothing more then poor offensive play by the opposition. We are never in control of our destiny we have to hope the other team messes up.

    I personally do not believe that is the case, but I am willing to wager that is why people complain about our defense winning games because I have seen and experienced that attitude and misconception since pee wee football.
    Damn your posts are worth 6 of mine!
    I wish you were around more.

  8. #8
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    "Del" wrote:
    Because defense is a reaction to a play. Offense is the play.

    If your defense carries your team a feeling of inability to create your own offense is created.

    If you play a team that executes, limits mistakes, and can kick field goals, you are unsure you can win.


    In other words I believe people consider good defensive play nothing more then poor offensive play by the opposition. We are never in control of our destiny we have to hope the other team messes up.

    I personally do not believe that is the case, but I am willing to wager that is why people complain about our defense winning games because I have seen and experienced that attitude and misconception since pee wee football.
    Ditto.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Because defense is a reaction to a play. Offense is the play.

    If your defense carries your team a feeling of inability to create your own offense is created.

    If you play a team that executes, limits mistakes, and can kick field goals, you are unsure you can win.


    In other words I believe people consider good defensive play nothing more then poor offensive play by the opposition. We are never in control of our destiny we have to hope the other team messes up.

    I personally do not believe that is the case, but I am willing to wager that is why people complain about our defense winning games because I have seen and experienced that attitude and misconception since pee wee football.
    gol 'darnit your posts our worth 6 of mine!
    I wish you were around more.
    Hell, I think that post is worth about 15 of mine lately...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Why do people complain about our defense winning games for us?

    "Webby" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Because defense is a reaction to a play. Offense is the play.

    If your defense carries your team a feeling of inability to create your own offense is created.

    If you play a team that executes, limits mistakes, and can kick field goals, you are unsure you can win.


    In other words I believe people consider good defensive play nothing more then poor offensive play by the opposition. We are never in control of our destiny we have to hope the other team messes up.

    I personally do not believe that is the case, but I am willing to wager that is why people complain about our defense winning games because I have seen and experienced that attitude and misconception since pee wee football.
    Ditto.
    Ditto?
    Is that like saying, "That's what I was going to say."

    LOL!

Similar Threads

  1. How to Deal with People Who Always Complain
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 10:20 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 04:58 AM
  3. GREAT site for people who like online games...
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
  4. Winning Effort: Stong Defense, Big Plays
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 05:00 AM
  5. Games Goes to the Defense
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •