Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Childress?

The Gap is offline Starter

Why Childress?

Well, I don’t get it! What made Childress such a hot prospect. I really wasn’t sure what he did on our staff anyway. Its common knowledge Reid is the main man and his old buddy relationship with Mornhinweg had Marty labeled as assistant head coach. Marty clearly had a lot to do with the offense here so Brad’s part isn‘t clear to me. If this were last year I’d understand this better but after the pitiful year we had I don’t see the attraction.
    It did accomplish one thing and that’s weaken the birds because any added responsibility Mornhinweg inherits is a handicap for the Eagles!
    I guess it's just the desire to get something from a franchise that's so classy.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why Childress?

I don't really understand it much either..

He didn't even call the plays there..What exactly did he do?

Im just wondering what made him a better choise then Tice cuz I thought he was pretty decent actually

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The Eagles went to 4 straight NFC Championship games and a SuperBowl with Childress silently leading the Offense. Reid is the HC, so he wanted to call the offensive plays, but Childress is the man behind those plays and the man behind a lil player named McNabb. Who Childress developed. Childress's knowledge of offense is what brought him here. He was considered the best guy out there, and we snagged him up. With Tice its like being stuck in first gear. We managed a 9-7 season with a roster rull of talent. Tice made stupid play calls in losses to Pitt and Balt. (Also Teddy as well...and hes no longer here) The time is now to start this Franchise on the path of winning.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L

Alright sweet.. I was under the assumption that it was the HORRIBLE coodinators we got rid of.. But if Childress was behind all that then im extremely glad we snagged him

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    The Eagles went to 4 straight NFC Championship games and a SuperBowl with Childress silently leading the Offense. Reid is the HC, so he wanted to call the offensive plays, but Childress is the man behind those plays and the man behind a lil player named McNabb. Who Childress developed. Childress's knowledge of offense is what brought him here. He was considered the best guy out there, and we snagged him up. With Tice its like being stuck in first gear. We managed a 9-7 season with a roster rull of talent. Tice made stupid play calls in losses to Pitt and Balt. (Also Teddy as well...and hes no longer here) The time is now to start this Franchise on the path of winning.
    Thank you for mentioning that call in Baltimore. Tice made a stupid call that cost us the game, and I was thinking OMG please fire him pleaseeeeeeeeee

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I can't say that I'm totally thrilled with this pick, but I guess we shall see.

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Im just wondering what made him a better choise then Tice cuz I thought he was pretty decent actually
    Now I don't want to start a fight but you have to kidding me? Do you watch football? Tell me what Tice has done for the Vikings since he took the reins? He took a team loaded with talent and played .500 ball at best. He took a team that went 6-0 and choked out the rest of the season. He has time and time again demonstrated his lack of knowledge and passion to win games. He might have had alot of friends on the team but when in a fight I dont want a friend I want a warrior to help me whoop some butt.
    Now I don't proclaim to know everything but I do know when a team has O line issues and a coach that is spineless there needs to be some changes. Will we be better with Childress? I have no idea but we sure as heck cant be any worse. I don't care if your 1-15 or 15-1 if you dont win the Superbowl it is still called losing...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikesfan4evr" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Now I don't want to start a fight but you have to kidding me? Do you watch football? Tell me what Tice has done for the Vikings since he took the reins? He took a team loaded with talent and played .500 ball at best. He took a team that went 6-0 and choked out the rest of the season. He has time and time again demonstrated his lack of knowledge and passion to win games. He might have had alot of friends on the team but when in a fight I dont want a friend I want a warrior to help me whoop some butt.
    Now I don't proclaim to know everything but I do know when a team has O line issues and a coach that is spineless there needs to be some changes. Will we be better with Childress? I have no idea but we sure as heck cant be any worse. I don't care if your 1-15 or 15-1 if you dont win the Superbowl it is still called losing...
    Well first of all, let me disagree with you before I agree with you. I don't really think we were "loaded with talent" in the first couple years of Tice's tenure. Our offense had talent, our defense did not. With that said, I agree that Tice was not the guy. That 6-0 start and the 5-1 start in which we "backed in" to the playoffs showed that those teams could win football games, but collapsed down the stretch. That's coaching, IMO.

The Gap is offline Starter

I’d really have to question how developed McNabb is but he’s our guy and we obviously have him for awhile so I won’t go into too much detail on all the areas I question concerning McNabbs development. I will say his decision making ability is questionable and if you’ve noticed he holds the ball a l-o-n-g time? He doesn’t read defenses all that well which explains the long holds and trouble finding secondary receivers. He’s bailed out a lot with his scrambling ability but that wasn’t developed it’s an instinct he’s always had. And if were talking coaching the only development in that area is toning down his scrambling. Do you folks want to see Culpepper reluctant to run? I hope Childress works out for you guys I’m sure he won’t be any worse.

V4L

"Vikesfan4evr" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Tice is actually VERY knowlegable of the game.. He has gotten a ton of calls reversed.. Personally I like the move.. Just thought he was pretty good..

The coordinators blew worse then he did..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast