Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Why Can't The Vikings Win On The Road?

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    One of the big knocks on Tice was that he couldn't get the team to win on the road. I think it is safe to say this coach has had more talent, a more extensive coaching staff and more say in the organization and yet he is winning fewer games on the road than Tice and will probably end the season with a worse record than Tice ever had.

Not that it wasn't time for a change but IMHO the move that was made was a net loss and not a net gain.
    Well, that is a good assesment my friend, except you are forgetting that even though this team is very talented, we sure have alot of "Minor Dings" "Issues" with players Tice never had to worry about.

Most of these guys know they will get a contract next year. Tices team, well, they played hard every game cause they were trying to stay in the league.
    The team Tice had also would play for their coach.Remember the chair throwing incident when red tried to rip the team and Tice flipped out on him? I do not think these guys are playing for Childress.
    I don't think players normally play hard for the coach. They play hard for their teammates, their families, and mostly for themselves($$$).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Why Can't The Vikings Win On The Road?

jmcdon00 wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    One of the big knocks on Tice was that he couldn't get the team to win on the road. I think it is safe to say this coach has had more talent, a more extensive coaching staff and more say in the organization and yet he is winning fewer games on the road than Tice and will probably end the season with a worse record than Tice ever had.

Not that it wasn't time for a change but IMHO the move that was made was a net loss and not a net gain.
    Well, that is a good assesment my friend, except you are forgetting that even though this team is very talented, we sure have alot of "Minor Dings" "Issues" with players Tice never had to worry about.

Most of these guys know they will get a contract next year. Tices team, well, they played hard every game cause they were trying to stay in the league.
    The team Tice had also would play for their coach.Remember the chair throwing incident when red tried to rip the team and Tice flipped out on him? I do not think these guys are playing for Childress.
    I don't think players normally play hard for the coach. They play hard for their teammates, their families, and mostly for themselves($$$).
    Most of the "Football Player" analysts and "Football Coach" analysts echo that point exactly.

Still mystifies me that some fans still believe that players are doing this for anything but money first, team second, even after they heard our players say who they were playing for and not one of them mentioned the fans or the love of the game. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12