Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Why Can't The Vikings Win On The Road?

After todays loss at Chicago that's 9 straight road losses. You can't blame it all on playing on grass or outside as we still lose in domes or on turf away from Minny. It's a habit we've got into that seems to be hard to break, maybe a change of HC will turn it around.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Why Can't The Vikings Win On The Road?

One of the big knocks on Tice was that he couldn't get the team to win on the road. I think it is safe to say this coach has had more talent, a more extensive coaching staff and more say in the organization and yet he is winning fewer games on the road than Tice and will probably end the season with a worse record than Tice ever had.

Not that it wasn't time for a change but IMHO the move that was made was a net loss and not a net gain.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Purple Floyd wrote:
    One of the big knocks on Tice was that he couldn't get the team to win on the road. I think it is safe to say this coach has had more talent, a more extensive coaching staff and more say in the organization and yet he is winning fewer games on the road than Tice and will probably end the season with a worse record than Tice ever had.

Not that it wasn't time for a change but IMHO the move that was made was a net loss and not a net gain.
    Let's look at it another way.
    Without the advantage the noise in the dome gives the Vikings, would they be able to win at home?

I will say one thing that has always bothered me at the dome, was when the defense sucked sac, yet would raise their arms imploring the fans to make noise.
    Want me to make noise?
    Do something worth cheering for.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah it baffles me why the Vikings have struggled on the road this past decade. Hey at least we're not the Lions, who had their NFL record 25th straight road loss today, breaking their own record, which was set just a few years ago.

After the Bears loss, this is how Childress and Tice compare (includes the playoffs). A slight edge to Chiller, but that really doesn't say much.

OVERALL RECORD
    33-34 Tice
    40-36 Childress

ROAD
    12-23 Tice
    14-24 Childress

OUTDOORS
    4-20 Tice
    8-19 Childress

GRASS
    3-18 Tice
    6-17 Childress

DIVISION
    17-8 Tice
    15-12 Childress

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

No wonder we lost today. Tice was coaching against us!

You know, I don't mind losing to good teams; well that's not entirely true. But the Bears suck. So what does that say about us?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I though the Bears looked pretty good today, Cutler is very quick in the pocket. The game could have easily been a blowout. Bears should have had atleast 2 more touchdowns, maybe 3
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Purple Floyd wrote:

Well, that is a good assesment my friend, except you are forgetting that even though this team is very talented, we sure have alot of "Minor Dings" "Issues" with players Tice never had to worry about.

Most of these guys know they will get a contract next year. Tices team, well, they played hard every game cause they were trying to stay in the league.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Winnning on the road in the NFL is a very tough proposition. Vikings or otherwise. Why didnt we win Sunday at Soldier Field, poor execution, and turnovers.

We had our foot on their throats in the first quarter and managed a 2 FG attempts 1 make 1 miss. WE walk away with 14 points and the Bears fold up their tents. Instead we let them hang around.

We didnt have our best team on the field. With BB being a late scratch we just had no fire power to strecth the field or keep the Bears D from overplaying one or two aspects.

WE have had good play on the road this year, we just seem to fail at the big moment whereas last year they found a way to get it done.

Our roster is vastly depleted although we are still very talented. There are no excuses, this team is not as bad as we make them out to be, we just haven't been crisp in a single game this year.

I hope that they figure it out this week. F the Pack!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

slavinator wrote:
    Winnning on the road in the NFL is a very tough proposition. Vikings or otherwise. Why didnt we win Sunday at Soldier Field, poor execution, and turnovers.

We had our foot on their throats in the first quarter and managed a 2 FG attempts 1 make 1 miss. WE walk away with 14 points and the Bears fold up their tents. Instead we let them hang around.

We didnt have our best team on the field. With BB being a late scratch we just had no fire power to strecth the field or keep the Bears D from overplaying one or two aspects.

WE have had good play on the road this year, we just seem to fail at the big moment whereas last year they found a way to get it done.

Our roster is vastly depleted although we are still very talented. There are no excuses, this team is not as bad as we make them out to be, we just haven't been crisp in a single game this year.

I hope that they figure it out this week. F the Pack!
    Ole Slav, bringing the "A" game. Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

Well, that is a good assesment my friend, except you are forgetting that even though this team is very talented, we sure have alot of "Minor Dings" "Issues" with players Tice never had to worry about.

Most of these guys know they will get a contract next year. Tices team, well, they played hard every game cause they were trying to stay in the league.
    The team Tice had also would play for their coach.Remember the chair throwing incident when red tried to rip the team and Tice flipped out on him? I do not think these guys are playing for Childress.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast