Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Why can't Favre repeat or improve over last year?

tastywaves wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Favre is working out with the intention of coming back.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/15/favre-says-he-would-love-to-return-but-is-his-body-willing/

"I would love to play and be the best I could possibly be and thats really what Im working towards right now."
    Do you suppose its possible that the guy is actually telling the truth? Could be. I'm sure his healing process will accelerate after TC gets underway.

Are you trying to insinuate that Lord Favre will be at TC?

Interesting.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I have to be honest with myself regarding this situation. There is a distinct possibility that Favre will either A) decide after all is said and done that he IS done, and leave us with just TJ and JW (or is it J-Dubya?) or B) get injured, possibly as early as the Saints game, and again, we get left with Jackson and Webb.

Don't blast me too hard for this, because at this point, it's just two possibilities that I'm steeling myself for.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

ndnorseman wrote:
    I have to be honest with myself regarding this situation. There is a distinct possibility that Favre will either A) decide after all is said and done that he IS done, and leave us with just TJ and JW (or is it J-Dubya?) or B) get injured, possibly as early as the Saints game, and again, we get left with Jackson and Webb.

Don't blast me too hard for this, because at this point, it's just two possibilities that I'm steeling myself for.
    #1 is highly unlikely because of the general assumption of his return. Favre is aware of that. IF he were to say, "Gee fellers....awwww shucks...I just don't feel up to it." right now, the backlash from fans and media would be HUGE!!! While he didn't formally commit, neither did he leave the team in a position to seek another option (McNabb).

#2 is the same risk we take with every player. Peterson could get hurt and leave us with only Gerhart. Allen could get hurt and leave us with Robison. In either case, we aren't playing at full strength. I grant you that the QB position affects us FAR more, but the principle is the same.

I believe Favre will be here, ready to play, by the 2nd preseason game. And I also believe that everyone will breathe a huge sigh of relief when he arrives - even Marrdro (Although he'll never admit it) - because Jackson will have another "blaaagh" preseason.

Caine

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah, I guess maybe I don't ignore the paranoid, suspicious, conspiracy-theorist voices in my head enough to completely discount possibility #1. LOL

As for possibility #2, it's the more likely of the two, simply for the fact that as early as the very first game of the season, Favre is gonna have his durability put to the test. If there's one area of our team I hope is improved the MOST, it's the O-line...they're gonna NEED to be earning their paychecks this year.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

ndnorseman wrote:
    Yeah, I guess maybe I don't ignore the paranoid, suspicious, conspiracy-theorist voices in my head enough to completely discount possibility #1. LOL

As for possibility #2, it's the more likely of the two, simply for the fact that as early as the very first game of the season, Favre is gonna have his durability put to the test. If there's one area of our team I hope is improved the MOST, it's the O-line...they're gonna NEED to be earning their paychecks this year.
    Beyond the OL, I find the blocking back position as still a big ?. CT filled that role nicely, AD has yet to show he's a 3 down back, Gerhart is a unknown, and we all know what Tahi can't do (everything, except breath). With all the 3-4 D's were facing the back needs to ID the blizers, which requires intelligence as much as physical ability.

My only hope is the reason the Vikes drafted Toby is because he's smart, big, and selfless. ID the blitzers and get a big body between them and Favre.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345