Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Why all the O-line gripes?

I keep hearing people saying that we need to improve our O-line and I don't understand why people think that. Our best lineman this year McKinnie had a breakout year in his 4th season and he was a first round pick. Is it really that unexpected that it will take some time and gelling for these young players on our line to adjust to the NFL three of them are playing a position for their first year as a starter Goldberg was working as a tackle and now as a guard Herrera was a practice squad player last year both are in their second year and Johnson is a rookie who was worked mostly as a guard in training camp. I don't think we should just give up on these guys for more young players and make the gelling get set back even further. I do think we should re-sign both Fowler and Fonoti next year as far as other free agent O lineman the only notable one I've seen is Steve Hutchinson of the Seahawks and they will probably do whatever they can to keep him and Alexander so we should just stick with who we have they will get better with more experience.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Why all the O-line gripes?

Interesting point...never really considered that. it's tough to accept when you keep seeing so many mistakes from them at a crucial point in our season though...
    ;-)

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Really good point actually about their age.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

We need a new HC, and move Tice back to OL coach. He was awesome there.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

the problem with our oline is the fact that matt birk isnt playing. i dont want to look ahead to next year yet, but he will help
    We're bringing purple back.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

My gripe about the O-Line....they aren't giving our QBs enough time to do anything and our running game isn't exactly taken off....look at a team with a good O-Line and tell me what you think about ours!....we need a new offensive coordinator, maybe a new coach but Tice could stay around if he can keep this up....we need Funoti to step up next year, Birk will be back, and I think next year our line will be much improved after getting those two.....Marcus Johnson will get better and Herrera/Goldberg/Fowler can fill the last spot....we'll be OK....I really think we need a more dominant RB....otherwise we're good on paper....I don't know what else we could do in the offseason to get better......

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yes Birk is out.

But, when you watched this last game how many penalties were on the center? Where did the blocking breakdown?

We need 5, not 2 or 3, dependable lineman. Thats where the gripe is.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

the downfall of our offense and team

Is our Our offensive line. Sorry guys, but michael benett, nor memo, nor our receivers or even our qb's are the reason for the downfall of the offense. We have the talent their, but not were it really counts. In football, it all starts up front with the linemen. If they are doing their job, then the rest of the offense can do theirs. We definitely have talent in our receiving corps, speed in the runnigbacks, and a smart veteran qb. However, after Mckinie and Fowler, no one on our o line should be able to start in the nfl, some shouldnt even be in.

Adam Goldberg- He blocks too high and isn't strong enough to take on interior lineman or take on the blitz.

Mike Rosenthal lol- This guy is about the sizez of a tight end, not a linemen. He is waayy to small and gets pushed around every single time he is in the game.

Chris Liwenski- Same with Rosenthal except slower.

Cory Withrow- I don't know what the hell Tice is talking about when he calls him the best backup center in the league. He is the one who is responsible for the safety, and every time he is in, something even worse happens to the o line. When Fowler went out, My heart stopped beating.

Anthony Herrera- Is a tough guy, but inexperienced and still has alot of technique to work on. The motor is there, he just needs more experience.

That my friends, is a craptacular o line. They cant give protection, get driven back all the time, and if you want an offense to do good, you have to give some push up front.

This was the reason for our success in the past on offense, the o line. Without it, I don't care if you get Shaun Alexander at rb, chad johnson at receiver and peyton manning at qb, they aren't going to have the success they do without a good o line.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: the downfall of our offense and team

You did not mention Marcus Johnson. Even though he is a rookie...come on Marcus!

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: the downfall of our offense and team

thks ultra for adding him yo. he has to get better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast