Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Why AD could be leaving

Marrdro wrote:
    Report: Peterson leaves marketing agent
    Usually a sign a player isn't happy with something related to his money and more proof said player isn't playing for the love of the game.
    yeah.

Or maybe he knows he's famous, and wants extra money. If Guys from Virginia posting on PP.O from the Comm Closet was a huge draw, I'm sure you'd want a chunk of that too, no?

Peterson does very little as far as promotional and marketing things.

He was the face of Muscle Milk and Vitamin Water, and he does nfl.com commercials. Thats about it really.

Peyton Manning has a marketing agent, He's on all sorts of stuff. I guess he doesn't play for lvoe of the game right?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    Anyone know how much the fine is Peterson faces? I heard Haynesworth was looking at ponying up just under 10K for missing camp.(less than .0001% of his total contract.)
    It's not a big deal, Peterson will be here and it will all be forgotten in a month or two.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Two more words: Los Angeles
    Two more words: Chicken Little

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Usually a sign a player isn't happy with something related to his money and more proof said player isn't playing for the love of the game.
    yeah.

Or maybe he knows he's famous, and wants extra money. If Guys from Virginia posting on PP.O from the Comm Closet was a huge draw, I'm sure you'd want a chunk of that too, no?

He was the face of Muscle Milk and Vitamin Water, and he does nfl.com commercials. Thats about it really.

Peyton Manning has a marketing agent, He's on all sorts of stuff. I guess he doesn't play for lvoe of the game right?
    You kindof lost me there my friend. It almost sounds like you are saying the same thing I am.

In both instances, the player is looking to make more money. Why would he worry about that if he wasn't doing for the money?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    yeah.

You kindof lost me there my friend. It almost sounds like you are saying the same thing I am.

In both instances, the player is looking to make more money. Why would he worry about that if he wasn't doing for the money?

Playing football and making money are two different thigns. He's gonna play regardless. If all of a sudden a new CBA came out limiting player salaries to a mil a year, he'd still play. He obviously loves the game, you can tell the way he plays.

If the option to make more money on the side is there, why woudln't you take it.

Its like your boss coming up and saying:
    "Marty, you want to make up a poster for me and I'll give you an extra 30K?"

you: "Sorry boss, I love my job too much, I'm not in it for the money"

Bullshit. He's still gonna play, and he's gonna play hard. He always has. Just because he makes more money than you do, and wants even more doesn't mean he's only doing it for money.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    yeah.

Playing football and making money are two different thigns. He's gonna play regardless. If all of a sudden a new CBA came out limiting player salaries to a mil a year, he'd still play. He obviously loves the game, you can tell the way he plays.

If the option to make more money on the side is there, why woudln't you take it.

Bullshit. He's still gonna play, and he's gonna play hard. He always has. Just because he makes more money than you do, and wants even more doesn't mean he's only doing it for money.
    +1

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    yeah.

Playing football is how they make thier money. How well they do playing football increases thier pay in two areas.....1) thier football contract and 2) thier non football contracts (endorsements).

Spin it however you want, he has changed is marketing agent to make more money. His marketing agent will push him to do better so he gets more endorsements so he makes more money.

Love of the game my ass. They are all in it for the money.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    yeah.

Playing football is how they make thier money. How well they do playing football increases thier pay in two areas.....1) thier football contract and 2) thier non football contracts (endorsements).

Spin it however you want, he has changed is marketing agent to make more money. His marketing agent will push him to do better so he gets more endorsements so he makes more money.

So because a player does some marketing stuff on the side means that they're only playing the game for the money? Thats a load.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    yeah.

So because a player does some marketing stuff on the side means that they're only playing the game for the money? Thats a load.
    Your opinion. My opinion is they do it for the money.

Goes back to a question I asked earlier that everyone ignored/no one responded to.....

How many times have we heard a player say, its only business. Almost all of them at some point have said it. Very few have tried to sell the "Load" of they only play for the fun of it.

Heck if they did it for the fun of it, why would they need a agent? Why is thier union asking for more of the revenue? and most importantly, why do they have marketing agents?

Surely the love of the game would make all of those things obsolete. :dry:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast