Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Who's the Tice ticket scalping RAT?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think Tice probably accidentally turned himself in.
    Too funny, I think this statement is most likely correct.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Was it you jackyl!? jk lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think Tice probably accidentally turned himself in.
    LOL I bet.

Tice: Uh, Hi FBI? Yeah I have information about a major ticket scalping conspiracy in Minnesota. Yeah, the head coach is involved. Oh wait, that's me. Um, you know when you coach football in a tough-guy town.....

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Red did it!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think it was Red, cuz Tice was scalping them for him and he didn't get enough for the tickets!!
    I agree!!! RED did it!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Maybe it was Fowler.

WWBGD

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Red did it!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think it was Red, cuz Tice was scalping them for him and he didn't get enough for the tickets!!
    I agree!!! RED did it!

That's the most logical idea to me!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

coreyd is offline Coach

Either way, everybody that has been listed would have a motive. Which means that either way, someone is mad because either they got traded, signed, etc.

And why is it than whenever something starts going good some piece of shlt has to step in and fvck up a good thing. I mean, why did this have to come out yesterday!? Why not 2 weeks ago, or 2 weeks from now!?

Prophet Guest

AGENTS SAYS MOSS WASN'T TICE TIPSTER
    9 March 2005

Agent Dante' DiTrapano, who represents Raiders receiver Randy Moss, told us earlier this afternoon that neither he nor his client are the source of the anonymous tip to the league office that Vikings coach Mike Tice has been scalping (allegedly) Super Bowl tickets.

"Not us," DiTrapano wrote in response to an e-mail message we sent to him, asking whether Dante' is the agent to whom the Minneapolis Star Tribune refers as the person who blew the whistle on Tice.

As the Star Tribune reported on Wednesday, the tip came from someone who "represented a client who 'had an ax to grind with Tice' and wanted damaging information spread about him."

Although the Star Tribune does not expressly state that the informant is a sports agent and that the client is a player, the implication is relatively clear.

In our view, we think that it would have been far too obvious for the tip to come from Moss, through DiTrapano, so soon after Moss was shipped from Minnesota to Oakland. If anything, our guess is that someone else is responsible, and that the timing of the tip specifically was calculated to create the impression that it originated with Moss.

On a lighter note, one of our readers offered this comment regarding the startling developments regarding Tice:

"Is the ubiquitous pencil behind Coach Stivic's ear a
    ready-instrument for the take-down of ticket orders, or is it merely a prop to suggest, 'Hey, this guy is so full of ideas he needs a stylus in arm's reach at all times just to document the flow of genius emanating from his large and square-shaped dome'?"

Stay tuned, as always, for more on this one.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DaScRuM is offline Rookie

Funny or not, I hope the media does figure out who the rat is/was. You would have many a player and coach watching their backsides hanging around him!

Anyway, it would surprise me if it was Hovan. Of course, the only thing I have to go by are articles on him in the press, and listening to him on KFAN. He just didn't come across as being that kind of character.

Now-----Moss? Cambell? Ned? Nelson?

At least Ned and Nelson were let go and given another opportunity. Ned blew his, if the allegations turn out to be true.

Moss and Campbell may be another story. I agree with the person that told me this had to be a former player (duh!). And my memory fails me on some of the Viking veterans let go or cut the past couple of years. So, I am sure their are a few other names dangling out there.

Interesting.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

:lol:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast