Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Who's Running this ship?

Posted on Wed, Dec. 27, 2006

[size=13pt]WHO'S RUNNING THIS SHIP?[/size]

Rookie coach Brad Childress has more authority in the Vikings organization than anyone except owner Zygi Wilf. That needs to change if the team hopes to succeed under Childress.

TOM POWERS

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Who's Running this ship?

Horse shit article with an obvious anti Vikings spin.
    Who wrote it?
    Oh, never mind... Powers. :

The only things that could be taken away from this piece of shit is the fact that we don't have anyone in a general manager.
    IMHO I would rather see a GM than a TOA.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Horse pooh article with an obvious anti Vikings spin.
    Who wrote it?

The only things that could be taken away from this piece of pooh is the fact that we don't have anyone in a general manager.

There is a group of writers in the Twin Cities that hate Childress and it shows in there articles and has since he became the coach of the Viking's, but if Childress does know what he is doing and does turn this team into a winner the same group will be kissing his a$$ and how great of a coach he is and how he built the organization.
    I am not saying that Childress will succeed but I am not ready to crucify him yet he should at least get another year in my opinion.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

I think it was a preatty good article, noting some of the short commings of Childress's first year, but it didn't really show any of his good qualities.

However, with this 'culture of accountablity and discipline' did Childress or anyone punish the one assistent coach, suspected for drunk driving?
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Eyedea" wrote:
    I think it was a preatty good article, noting some of the short commings of Childress's first year, but it didn't really show any of his good qualities.

However, with this 'culture of accountablity and discipline' did Childress or anyone punish the one assistent coach, suspected for drunk driving?
    The same way Childress did with the players he said that it was between him and the coach the same as he said it was between him and the players when they screwed up.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I had a mixed reaction to this article.. I think in all honesty that a rookie HC should not have power of authority over everyone in the orginization except Zygi Wilf.. That is giving him way to much power right from the start..

I think the Vikings would be better suited for a GM.. This TOA is somewhat a joke.. Who has the final say on draft day? Who has the final say on the FA's that we get? Who has the final say on who gets released?

If all of that lays with Brad Childress, then something has to give.. Now I hated Fran Foley as much as anyone on this site did, but what that writer said seemed somewhat true.. He tried to put down a little authority and he got fired because of it.. Thank god it is almost offseason, I wonder whats in store for 2007?

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I had a mixed reaction to this article.. I think in all honesty that a rookie HC should not have power of authority over everyone in the orginization except Zygi Wilf.. That is giving him way to much power right from the start..

I think the Vikings would be better suited for a GM.. This TOA is somewhat a joke.. Who has the final say on draft day? Who has the final say on the FA's that we get? Who has the final say on who gets released?

If all of that lays with Brad Childress, then something has to give.. Now I hated Fran Foley as much as anyone on this site did, but what that writer said seemed somewhat true.. He tried to put down a little authority and he got fired because of it.. Thank god it is almost offseason, I wonder whats in store for 2007?
    Like the Foley situation, it seemed Robinson was released becuase he spoke up against Childress.
    It seems Childress is creating an additude of 'its my way or the high way'...hopefully he sees that that isn't the way to go
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

What good qualities? Being stubburn isnt always a good quality.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Horse pooh article with an obvious anti Vikings spin.
    Who wrote it?

The only things that could be taken away from this piece of pooh is the fact that we don't have anyone in a general manager.

There is a group of writers in the Twin Cities that hate Childress and it shows in there articles and has since he became the coach of the Viking's, but if Childress does know what he is doing and does turn this team into a winner the same group will be kissing his a$$ and how great of a coach he is and how he built the organization
    The TC writers are always moaning and whining whoever is in charge. If it doesn't match with their 'expert' views and ideas then they're not happy - so basically that's for 99% of the season.
    What makes me laugh is after all of the issues with Foley and his resume, the TC hacks were calling for Foley's head and Zygi's for employing him. Now they are slating him for releasing Foley - thats what I call fickle and the TC media are that for sure
    Lets remember that Zygi is still learning how to be an owner, his first year was to leave the existing structure in place in order to avoid problems. So in terms of organisation and structure this is his first year of it.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:
    What makes me laugh is after all of the issues with Foley and his resume, the TC hacks were calling for Foley's head and Zygi's for employing him. Now they are slating him for releasing Foley - thats what I call fickle and the TC media are that for sure
    LOL.
    No kidding.
    Hire Foley, they complain.
    Fire Foley, they complain.
    I am starting to see a pattern.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast