Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Who's going to Viking - Packer opener in Lambeau?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=46590.msg829326#msg829326 date=1220458707]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=46590.msg829306#msg829306 date=1220457832]
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=46590.msg829299#msg829299 date=1220457411]
    I'll be there!!!!!! Just ordered tickets last night(125 each for lower level endzone). It's gonna be sick. I can't fricken wait. Stubhub.com still has a lot of tickets and the prices are not that bad if you don't need great seats.
    What section?
    Not sure, bloody did the ordering. I would guess he should be on pretty soon with those detail. I think were in row 55. Maybe sec. 109, not sure though.
    When are you coming over?
    We are in section 138, Row 57.

It looks like the majority of the stadium is considered lower level.
    Is this correct?
    57 rows must put a guy pretty high up.
    I mean if this was the Metrodome we would be sitting near the top of the upper level.

Oh well.
    I don't really care that much where I sit.
    I just want to be there.
    I've never seen so many tickets this cheap to a Vikes game in Lambeau.
    I'm sure I could have found better than $125, but was anxious to get some tix in hand.

Have you figured out where you are sitting yet?
    Are you showing up early to booze?
    Whats your plan?
    Ever been to a game there? - What are the people (packer fans) like?
    I am in section 106, Row 33.
    Your won't be disappointed with those seats. Any where in Lamblow is pretty good. It is better than being on the upper level in the dome.
    I have a good enough seat to trade with someone to sit be you guys. I hope. I will be there early to drink. I will probably be there really early since I only live about an hour and a half away. So whenever you get there give me a call. I have been to many games there. I used to live there remember. I know that town like I know the back of my hand.
    [/quote]

Cool.

I just put in a vacation request with my boss so hopefully he approves on such short notice!
    If he approves, we'll probably leave Monday morning around 8:00.
    I'd expect to get in around 1 or 2 depending on traffic in Mpls/St. Paul + stops, etc.

It would be really cool if we actually got to sit by each other.
    I'm going to feel sick sitting directly next to so many Packer fans.
    Hopefully watching us kick some ass will take the pain away.
    ;D

Are there cool bars in the area?
    Should we tailgate before the game?
    [/quote]

There are some good bars in the area. There usually is a good amount of Vikings fans. I am sure it will be more now. I usually don't tailgate. I like to walk around and talk smack to Packer fans. They take it pretty well.
    [/quote]

Sounds fun.
    ;D

dakkar59 is offline Waterboy

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "dakkar59" wrote:
    Where will you be seated at the game?

We are sitting 3 rows back in the corner of the end zone on the direct opposite side of the field where the packers run out from the tunnel
    Nice seats!
    How did you score them?
    My grandpa is a huge green bay packer fan...he's been a season ticket holder for as long as i can remember.
    He gives me every packer-viking game tickets...i think that's why my wife married me (she's a packer fan too)
    Come to think of it, i'm surrounded completely by packer fans, i'm the only one in my entire family that's a vikings fan.

On a side note - Are you tailgating at the stadium?
    We plan on bbq'ing in the k-mart lot outside of the lambeau stadium.

"dakkar59" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "dakkar59" wrote:

We are sitting 3 rows back in the corner of the end zone on the direct opposite side of the field where the packers run out from the tunnel
    Nice seats!
    How did you score them?
    My grandpa is a huge green bay packer fan...he's been a season ticket holder for as long as i can remember.
    He gives me every packer-viking game tickets...i think that's why my wife married me (she's a packer fan too)
    Come to think of it, i'm surrounded completely by packer fans, i'm the only one in my entire family that's a vikings fan.

I wouldn't mind doing a little tailgating before the game, but I'd also like to walk around and check things out, being a first time visitor to the historical dump known as Lamblow.
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "dakkar59" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "dakkar59" wrote:

Nice seats!
    How did you score them?

I wouldn't mind doing a little tailgating before the game, but I'd also like to walk around and check things out, being a first time visitor to the historical dump known as Lamblow.
    ;D
    I know where that Kmart is so we can definitely walk to it and visit.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=46590.msg829331#msg829331 date=1220459079]
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=46590.msg829326#msg829326 date=1220458707]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=46590.msg829306#msg829306 date=1220457832]
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=46590.msg829299#msg829299 date=1220457411]
    I'll be there!!!!!! Just ordered tickets last night(125 each for lower level endzone). It's gonna be sick. I can't fricken wait. Stubhub.com still has a lot of tickets and the prices are not that bad if you don't need great seats.
    What section?
    Not sure, bloody did the ordering. I would guess he should be on pretty soon with those detail. I think were in row 55. Maybe sec. 109, not sure though.
    When are you coming over?
    We are in section 138, Row 57.

It looks like the majority of the stadium is considered lower level.
    Is this correct?
    57 rows must put a guy pretty high up.
    I mean if this was the Metrodome we would be sitting near the top of the upper level.

Oh well.
    I don't really care that much where I sit.
    I just want to be there.
    I've never seen so many tickets this cheap to a Vikes game in Lambeau.
    I'm sure I could have found better than $125, but was anxious to get some tix in hand.

Have you figured out where you are sitting yet?
    Are you showing up early to booze?
    Whats your plan?
    Ever been to a game there? - What are the people (packer fans) like?
    I am in section 106, Row 33.
    Your won't be disappointed with those seats. Any where in Lamblow is pretty good. It is better than being on the upper level in the dome.
    I have a good enough seat to trade with someone to sit be you guys. I hope. I will be there early to drink. I will probably be there really early since I only live about an hour and a half away. So whenever you get there give me a call. I have been to many games there. I used to live there remember. I know that town like I know the back of my hand.
    [/quote]

Cool.

I just put in a vacation request with my boss so hopefully he approves on such short notice!
    If he approves, we'll probably leave Monday morning around 8:00.
    I'd expect to get in around 1 or 2 depending on traffic in Mpls/St. Paul + stops, etc.

It would be really cool if we actually got to sit by each other.
    I'm going to feel sick sitting directly next to so many Packer fans.
    Hopefully watching us kick some ass will take the pain away.
    ;D

Are there cool bars in the area?
    Should we tailgate before the game?
    [/quote]

There are some good bars in the area. There usually is a good amount of Vikings fans. I am sure it will be more now. I usually don't tailgate. I like to walk around and talk smack to Packer fans. They take it pretty well.
    [/quote]

Sounds fun.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    Can't wait. Though I'm guessing packer fans aren't going to take it as well after the game.

Woot Woot!
    I got the time off.
    So the only thing that could stop me now is further pregnancy complications w/ the wife.
    She seems to be doing well though for the past week so I think we're golden.
    I just don't want to spend more than one night away from home...if nothing else just to keep her comfortable.

What are we driving?
    We could rent a little car from Advantage for $25 day or take your car.
    (My car started overheating today on the way into work)
    I'm tempted to rent, I doubt it would cost us more than $50 if I can get that same deal again.

Microsoft Streets and Trips says 318 miles each way from Monti to GB.

650 miles @ 20 mpg = 32.5 gallons of gas = $117.00
    650 miles @ 38 mpg =
    17.1 gallons of gas = $ 61.56

Cost difference = $55.00

So we'll come out the same financially... But the latter option allows us to drive a brand new car and avoid putting additional miles on your car.

What do you think?

dakkar59 is offline Waterboy

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Woot Woot!
    I got the time off.
    So the only thing that could stop me now is further pregnancy complications w/ the wife.
    She seems to be doing well though for the past week so I think we're golden.
    I just don't want to spend more than one night away from home...if nothing else just to keep her comfortable.

What are we driving?
    We could rent a little car from Advantage for $25 day or take your car.
    (My car started overheating today on the way into work)
    I'm tempted to rent, I doubt it would cost us more than $50 if I can get that same deal again.

Microsoft Streets and Trips says 318 miles each way from Monti to GB.

650 miles @ 20 mpg = 32.5 gallons of gas = $117.00
    650 miles @ 38 mpg =
    17.1 gallons of gas = $ 61.56

Cost difference = $55.00

So we'll come out the same financially... But the latter option allows us to drive a brand new car and avoid putting additional miles on your car.

What do you think?
    Sounds like renting a car would be the best bet!
    I would consider doing that myself if i wasn't going up to my cabin for some fishing first!

Bloody are you going to be staying overnight on Monday? You guys can crash at my buddies house.

"marstc09" wrote:
    Bloody are you going to be staying overnight on Monday? You guys can crash at my buddies house.
    I'd say it's pretty likely that we would stay overnight.
    Depends on how we feel (and how much we've had to drink).

I hope the douche I ordered the tickets from sends them overnight since he didn't get them out yesterday...otherwise I'll have to wait around on Monday for them to show up and might miss the beginning of the game (unlikely but possible).

Rain is in the forecast for Monday...Probably from the hurricanes.
    Never watched a football game out in the rain before, or trudged around in the rain for 5 hours before kickoff.
    I can't wait.

Might need to pickup a Vikings poncho or something.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I'd say it's pretty likely that we would stay overnight.
    Depends on how we feel (and how much we've had to drink).

I hope the douche I ordered the tickets from sends them overnight since he didn't get them out yesterday...otherwise I'll have to wait around on Monday for them to show up and might miss the beginning of the game (unlikely but possible).

Rain is in the forecast for Monday...Probably from the hurricanes.
    Never watched a football game out in the rain before, or trudged around in the rain for 5 hours before kickoff.
    I can't wait.

Might need to pickup a Vikings poncho or something.
    I have never seen one around here. How much are those? Can you pick me one up?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast