purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Who's going to the home opener?

A buddy and I will be coming to the Twin Cities on Sept. 10th to see the Vikings home opener. We plan on tailgating at the Rapid Park lot before the game, and I'd love to hook up with some "friends" to party before the game. Anybody from this board going and planning on tailgating? Let's "hook up"!

On a side note, we plan on "partying" some the night before the game...not so much any Vikings partying, but going out to a club on Saturday night. I'm thinking someplace with live music that plays blues, jazz, or R&B/funk. Anyone have any suggestions of places to go or bands to see?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who's going to the home opener?

I know the Quest is a club in Minneapolis that plays live music, not sure who or what kind of music on Saturday nights, but I'm sure if you searched for it on google you could find out.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

I will definitely be at the Rapid lot!! See ya there!

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Dang, wish I was going back for the opener ... Nothing I would love to see than the Buc's loosing and starting their season out on a sour note ... Fans here in Tampa are sooo Pumped for the season, till reality *SLAPS* them in the face real fast first game ... I can't wait !!!

Still an open invitation to any Vikes fans out there in the Tampa area ... got 57" of high tech and the NFL ticket waiting .... but dont forget plenty of cold ones in the fridge. I just hate seeing anyone go through what i did the first year down here wasting tons of money in crappy "Sports" bars here in Tampa. Open invite, just give me 24 hrs advance notice .....

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

8 buddies and myself are boarding a bus in Winnipeg on Saturday the 10th. We are also going to be in the mood to party, so keep in touch and maybe we could hook up.

Also I haven't been to Rapid Park yet, is it any good and is it easy to get to the game afterwards?

Cheers!!

Rapid Park is pretty good. You gat a voucherfor light rail or you can take the bus. Last time we took light rail to the dome. it was pretty slow. Best advice, leave early.

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    8 buddies and myself are boarding a bus in Winnipeg on Saturday the 10th. We are also going to be in the mood to party, so keep in touch and maybe we could hook up.

Also I haven't been to Rapid Park yet, is it any good and is it easy to get to the game afterwards?

Cheers!!
    It was the happening place, as far as I'm concerned, last season. They have free shuttle buses running to the Dome before and after the game, and the light rail runs nearby it as well. Last year for the home opener, my buddy and I rode the bus to the Dome, and the light rail (cheap, like $1 or $1.50) back to the Rapid Park lot. It was fast and easy both ways, though I'll agree with Countrygirl, don't wait too late to leave the lot before heading to the game (beat the crowds, in other words). I think we left maybe 45 minutes before kickoff, and got there with plenty of time to spare.

Where are you staying in Minneapolis? I definitely want to hook up with some of you guys! What about you, Countrygirl? You live in the Twin Cities, or coming in for the game? If you're coming in, where will you be staying at Saturday night?

Let's try to make plans to have a big tailgate party in the Rapid Park lot!
    SKOL VIKINGS!