Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Who's Going to the Game on Monday at TCF?

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1084416
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084398
    I wish they'd move the game to an indoor venue.....I truly do.

That said, if they play at the Bank......I wish the best to the people who attend.

Those who haven't attended a game in single-digit temps.....do your research. Get some advice from the people who fish through the ice.

I think Zeus already said it on another thread, but I repeat.....alcohol consumption should be very limited under these conditions.
    Here is some advice from a die-hard ice fisherman:

1.) Dress warm.
    2.) Enjoy game.

I just don't see why this is a big deal. Put on a few layers of clothes and get out there!

It's not much different than tailgating 6 hours before the game in December/January. (Now we have deluxe heaters and whatnot but not way back when)

Does nobody go outside anymore? Have we lost that much touch with our MN roots? We should thrive in our MN winters, not run scared from it!
    +1, Late entry for post of the year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That said, if they play at the Bank......I wish the best to the people who attend.

Those who haven't attended a game in single-digit temps.....do your research. Get some advice from the people who fish through the ice.

I think Zeus already said it on another thread, but I repeat.....alcohol consumption should be very limited under these conditions.

1.) Dress warm.
    2.) Enjoy game.

I just don't see why this is a big deal. Put on a few layers of clothes and get out there!

It's not much different than tailgating 6 hours before the game in December/January. (Now we have deluxe heaters and whatnot but not way back when)

Does nobody go outside anymore? Have we lost that much touch with our MN roots? We should thrive in our MN winters, not run scared from it!
    Most here know I am a huge proponent of an indoor stadium... but even I have to admit that it is cool to have it outdoors for this day.

In fact, I think it would be fun to have one outdoor game per year (maybe not this late in the year though).

I have no problem with them holding it at TCF - it is the only feasible way for them to have a game at home. And let's not forget... if the Vikings new stadium is built on the site of the dome, the Vikings will be playing the season at TCF. As a permanent solution, I want a stadium with a roof. But as a temporary fix while the metrodome is tore down, I am OK with it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1084369
    Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1084367
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1084338
    Quote Originally Posted by "Holzberg" #1084337
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1084329
    Quote Originally Posted by "Holzberg" #1084328
    I want to, but I don't know if they will let me. I have 2 season tickets and this is my first year of season tickets.

I am not sure how they are selecting who can attend.
    If you have a ticket, you show up and, most likely, get in. There's a whole thread with this information.
    Alright, found the thread.

I plan to go. What time should I get there? I am a level 200 season ticket holder so I will meet up with you Zeus if I can find you. I have no idea where I am even driving to yet. Google maps... here I come.
    At this point, my plan is to try and arrive at the stadium around 4:30 and get in line. I'm trying to get some tips on the stadium (gates and where they lead, etc.) so I can know the right place to line up.

I have no need to try and sit on the 50-yard line. I, honestly, would like to replicate my seat at the Dome. Corner end zone, low rows, on the Vikings' side of the field. I doubt there will be "fights" for those kind of seats.

I'll PM you my cell number.
    Concourse info w/ gate locations and seats
    Thanks, Erin!

=Z=
    So I'm thinking maybe gate D, shoot for section 238 or the best we can find in the area. These are seats with backs. Endzone seats are benches(not that I really care much about have a back).
    http://stadium.gophersports.com/docs/ticket_seating_map.pdf

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1084426

1.) Dress warm.
    2.) Enjoy game.

I know the cold weather won't be a problem for you. That no beer sales thing sounds a little challenging though.

Have fun guys. Hope Bloody shows,lol!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Erinnn is offline Starter

There's a chat going on right now on Vikings.com regarding ticketing and entry. Worth checking out the responses.

Re: survey sent out today

Steve LaCroix:
    The survey is helping us get a better read on current ticket holders' intentions to attend the game or not. With some early survey results, we expect to be able to accommodate any ticket holders that want to come to the game.

Entry:

Steve LaCroix: For Gophers games at TCF Bank Stadium, they use 60 entry points. We are working with the NFL Special Events team and currently we've created - at a minimum - 84 entry points. As part of the entry process, we will queue upper and lower level tickets in separate areas. It will be an organized and smooth process for fans attending the game. We understand that this is a concern for all of our fans and we're making it a top priority as we work toward game day.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1084443
    I want to, but I don't know if they will let me. I have 2 season tickets and this is my first year of season tickets.

If you have a ticket, you show up and, most likely, get in. There's a whole thread with this information.

I plan to go. What time should I get there? I am a level 200 season ticket holder so I will meet up with you Zeus if I can find you. I have no idea where I am even driving to yet. Google maps... here I come.
    At this point, my plan is to try and arrive at the stadium around 4:30 and get in line. I'm trying to get some tips on the stadium (gates and where they lead, etc.) so I can know the right place to line up.

I have no need to try and sit on the 50-yard line. I, honestly, would like to replicate my seat at the Dome. Corner end zone, low rows, on the Vikings' side of the field. I doubt there will be "fights" for those kind of seats.

Thanks, Erin!

=Z=
    So I'm thinking maybe gate D, shoot for section 238 or the best we can find in the area. These are seats with backs. Endzone seats are benches(not that I really care much about have a back).
    That's a good call. Seats with backs are a must.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1084457
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1084426

1.) Dress warm.
    2.) Enjoy game.

I know the cold weather won't be a problem for you. That no beer sales thing sounds a little challenging though.

Have fun guys. Hope Bloody shows,lol!
    Damn you Jargo! I'll always be known to you as the guy who didn't show to Redskins game in 2007! :laugh:

Speaking of no shows - where the heck have you been all year!? :whistle:

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks, Erin!

=Z=
    Also - according to Formo, for the Gopher games, most people end up going to Gates A & E (the two by the open ends of the stadium) so going to D sounds like a really good call.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I want to sit in the seats you shoveled.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

They could have tried to match up TCF Bank Stadium sections with the Metrodome (Mall of America Field) to keep the general admission from becoming a frozen Who concert.

Which sideline does the home team usually stand on at TCF?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast