Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Who's Going to the Game on Monday at TCF?

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1084338
    Quote Originally Posted by "Holzberg" #1084337
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1084329
    Quote Originally Posted by "Holzberg" #1084328
    I want to, but I don't know if they will let me. I have 2 season tickets and this is my first year of season tickets.

I am not sure how they are selecting who can attend.
    If you have a ticket, you show up and, most likely, get in. There's a whole thread with this information.
    Alright, found the thread.

I plan to go. What time should I get there? I am a level 200 season ticket holder so I will meet up with you Zeus if I can find you. I have no idea where I am even driving to yet. Google maps... here I come.
    At this point, my plan is to try and arrive at the stadium around 4:30 and get in line. I'm trying to get some tips on the stadium (gates and where they lead, etc.) so I can know the right place to line up.

I have no need to try and sit on the 50-yard line. I, honestly, would like to replicate my seat at the Dome. Corner end zone, low rows, on the Vikings' side of the field. I doubt there will be "fights" for those kind of seats.

I'll PM you my cell number.

=Z=
    You should sing Skol Vikings the entire time you are waiting in line so your mouth doesn't freeze shut!

This is one game I hate to miss.

We have too many players from warm climates to give me confidence against the Bears,but one never knows.

I agree with Nodak on the indoor stadium issue, but the outdoor advocates will be crawling out from under the rocks if the Vikes win this historic game.

Have fun.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

They should wear leather helmets, no space heaters, windbreakers for the coaches regardless of the temperature.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

It has been a while since I have had to layer up for a game.

I am trying to go, but the general admission gate really messes this up for people who do not live in the Twin Cities metro area.

Anyone else going that will be on the lower level?

Erinnn is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1084356
    It has been a while since I have had to layer up for a game.

I am trying to go, but the general admission gate really messes this up for people who do not live in the Twin Cities metro area.

Anyone else going that will be on the lower level?
    I'm lower level. My dad and I are planning to get there early, and I'd like to find other 100-level ticket holders to sit w/ and help guard seats in case someone has to get up for the bathroom or get food.

Anyone know how the seats disperse as far as number of upper and number of lower level seats there are in the dome? I read that the upper level at TCF has about 2,000 more seats than the lower level.

Erinnn is offline Starter

I want to, but I don't know if they will let me. I have 2 season tickets and this is my first year of season tickets.

If you have a ticket, you show up and, most likely, get in. There's a whole thread with this information.

I plan to go. What time should I get there? I am a level 200 season ticket holder so I will meet up with you Zeus if I can find you. I have no idea where I am even driving to yet. Google maps... here I come.
    At this point, my plan is to try and arrive at the stadium around 4:30 and get in line. I'm trying to get some tips on the stadium (gates and where they lead, etc.) so I can know the right place to line up.

I have no need to try and sit on the 50-yard line. I, honestly, would like to replicate my seat at the Dome. Corner end zone, low rows, on the Vikings' side of the field. I doubt there will be "fights" for those kind of seats.

=Z=

Concourse info w/ gate locations and seats

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Erinnn" #1084367

Concourse info w/ gate locations and seats
    Thanks, Erin!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I wish they'd move the game to an indoor venue.....I truly do.

That said, if they play at the Bank......I wish the best to the people who attend.

Those who haven't attended a game in single-digit temps.....do your research. Get some advice from the people who fish through the ice.

I think Zeus already said it on another thread, but I repeat.....alcohol consumption should be very limited under these conditions.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

LIVike is offline Starter

I'll be there at 4:00. I'm really excited about an outdoor game.
    None

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084398
    I wish they'd move the game to an indoor venue.....I truly do.

That said, if they play at the Bank......I wish the best to the people who attend.

Those who haven't attended a game in single-digit temps.....do your research. Get some advice from the people who fish through the ice.

I think Zeus already said it on another thread, but I repeat.....alcohol consumption should be very limited under these conditions.
    Here is some advice from a die-hard ice fisherman:

1.) Dress warm.
    2.) Enjoy game.

I just don't see why this is a big deal. Put on a few layers of clothes and get out there!

It's not much different than tailgating 6 hours before the game in December/January. (Now we have deluxe heaters and whatnot but not way back when)

Does nobody go outside anymore? Have we lost that much touch with our MN roots? We should thrive in our MN winters, not run scared from it!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

=Z=
    If that's your plan (not a bad one), keep in mind the bench seating you'll have. If you already planned for this, great. If not, make 'em. Certainly they will be colder on your hindquarters than the seats I lined out to you in my PM. But if that doesn't deter you, then you should be golden as I'm very positive that the 'fighting' will be over those maroon and gold seats, not the benches.

Good luck, my d00ds!!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast