Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Who's all from minnesota?

Where abouts in EP webby??

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Jackyl, any chance that late in Jay's career, he might want to jump over to the Vikes to play for a year or two. I know that our LBs are young, but after Jay's starting days are over (though it may be awhile) he could still be a productive backup and steadying influence on the Vikes (who should have a few SB championships under their belts by then). The way that the Vikes are managing their salary cap now should ensure that they would have some money left over to offer him a contract. Probably dreaming, but it would be cool.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

There was talks before he penned his extension last year. The Vikes talked WAY less money then what he got. It would've been awesome. Jay was raised here, played HS ball 2 miles from Winter Park. I'd love to see it happen. I know alot of people around here would too.

Hey Webby, first thread where we are posting on together. Thanks for the great site. Since training camp, I have read many posts on your site. It took me awhile to join, but I decided to do it mainly because of the great cast of characters here on the site and because of the way that it runs so smoothly. Thanks for getting rid of TEXPACK! He was knowledgable, but someone like him with knowledge is very dangerous. Keep up the great work! GO VIKES!!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I live in Blaine, MN and have lived in several other northern suburbs..., originally from suburban LA. Been following the Vikes since my father set me right, while living in Cali.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Winona , Minnesota
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"vikings minnesoulija" wrote:
    Winona , Minnesota
    Hey Soulja, is it true that there are no mosquito's in that part of the state? I heard that years ago, but I've never had it confirmed. I thought it was something about a high bat population... ? I'd take bats above mosquito's any day.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Winona , Minnesota

there is mosquito's here and bats
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Speaking of mosquitos, my fiancee (who is orig from Minneapolis subs) took me to visit her home state a few years ago, we decided to see the headwaters of the Mississippi at Itasca. Now I know why there are so many mosquitos in my home state of Louisiana (they must just float down the river until they get to the Gulf of Mexico). I was utterly amazed that there were so many mosquitos (and this during Memorial Day week) that I shudder to think of what is like up there in July and August. There were a few big daddy ones that could have swooped down and carried my girl away (not me though, too heavy).

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"poult" wrote:
    well, i was born in st cloud, mn. but then was moved to palatine, il when i was in second grade. had the unfortunate treat to be there when teh bears won the superbowl. then i got moved to even worse enemy territory, wausau, wi. now im living in milwaukee, the pro packer talk gets tiresome, but i back up the vikes as much as i can.

I was born in St. Cloud, went to Madison Elementary, North JR high, Apollo high and then SCSU. After I had enough of school I moved away, lived in LA (eastside by Upland and Onterrio), from there I moved to Chicago and lived there for a few years (during the 85 Bears). I ended up driving a train for a few years (got sick of living in hotels) and ended up back in Minnesota.

I just recently bought a home in Eden Prairie, but I have lived here before for 9 years.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast