Thread: The Whole Year

fanfrom69 is offline Training Camp

The Whole Year

This game kinda sums up the whole year...

Penalties/Blown coverages/Penalties/ lack of offensive prep.(namely the fake FG- great call- no prep!!!)/Penalties/ no breaks/Moss??!!??/underachieving!!!

We started the game with a penalty after a great return.
    A defensive holding call kept Philly's 1st drive alive for a TD.
    WE get piddly def PI's against us-I never blame refs for a loss but the first PI of those two before that “catch- fumble- catch “ TD was NOT!!!
    Kearse was offsides 3 times more than he was called for( even the announcers on radio mentioned it).
    We lost 2 games to Philly... that's true, and they're a very good team... but what hurts is in both we gave ém more than they earned. Hat's off to ém.

Boy what we could do if we had a staff that instilled top notch preparation...

berserkers is offline Rookie

The Whole Year

I agree. Unfortunately, there not a lot we can do. Especially on defense.

I don't think Cottrell is a great defensive coach, but I would hate to change our D-coordinator again. 4 systems in 4 years is a bit much.... so In essence we have to stick with Cottrell for another year to see what he can offer.

I suppose it's time to start thinking about what we need to do in the off-season. I hope we take care of defense, defense, defense....
    If we could beef up our defense, I think we could be one of the best teams in the league.
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Whole Year

I agree...whether they played at their best or not...hats off to Philly...they won. Now we can start focusing on next year...the year that I expected for us to start really being a force in...all the young talented defenders coming back with a year's experience (+ 2 playoff games) under their belts...money to spend on needed FAs...another draft where we could conceivably pick ALL defensive players (I wish)...and Tice, Cottrell and Linehan all getting another chance to analyze all the mistakes that they made this year so that they can learn from them and not make them this next season. I see good things for next year...I am not so sad to see this year end...only because I have looked forward so much to what I think we can be next year.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

fanfrom69 is offline Training Camp

The Whole Year

' with ya guys... our D was ranked @ 27-30th all year. Imagine the difference 15th or below would make. Next year may be interesting after all. That win against GB was huge for this team... biggest in YEARS!!! Hopefully it gives us a littlet Mo for next season...Burleson, KWill, Winfield... and how about Mewelde and his exitement huh?... all back and hungrier. Whether I want the current coaching staff back or not is immaterial... we got 'em and hopefully they're learning.

The Whole Year

I enjoyed the year for the most part. Tailgating at the Rapid Park lot was very fun. Even though i got pissed manytimes this year, i'll be back at everyone home game again. Hopefully people don't drop their season tickets, this team is on the verge of being really good. We have a great QB, K-will is going to be a stud for a long time. Lets get some help on the D side, hopefully Taylor buys the team, we get a staduim bill passed and a supper bowl Victory in 06!!!!! SKOL VIKINGS :cheers:
    You republican whore!

The Whole Year

If Cotrell is bad, get rid of him. If he is bad, we will have to boot him, why not do it now so we can get a good one in as soon as possible?? While we are at it, maybe we could get an offensive coordinator and a head coach too.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

The Whole Year

Problem with Cotrell is that he wasn't able to coach his D (3-4) due to personnel. Get him the people for a 3-4 D before the plug is pulled on him.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

The Whole Year

I agree, gotta give him another year! We can't keep switching d coordinators year in and year out!! Let the players get used to his system and they'll get things worked out!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!