Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: A Whole New Rush - Jared Allen SI Article

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Nice article but The media IMHO has gone a little bit into the overkill mode with the Sobriety issue on Allen. He knows it, We know it, I am just worried with all of the pressure from it being put on him is it pushing him towards the negative and not the positive.
    Allen put him self under the pressure by his past actions.
    One more screw-up and he's gone for a year.

IMO, the media should keep it up.
    I hope everyone in MN knows Allen on sight and if he ever touches a drink they call his butt a cab, take away his keys (that might be a bit hard
    ;D ), and make sure he gets home safe and sound without incident.

He should only be treated like an adult if he's acting like one.
    DUI is NOT an adult action.

I think he's going to be GREAT for the Vikes, but only if he is on the field and not suspended.
    A close source at another resturant where he eats, told me he has a driver, and didn't drink despite the waiter asking him if he wanted wine or other beverage. My source informs me the waiters now know who he is and no longer ask him if he wants any alcoholic beverage.
    Glad to hear it!

Vikes need no distractions.
    Leave the distractions to the other teams.
    Focus Focus Focus
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks my friend for the article.

During Minnesota 's two-month negotiation with Allen and the Chiefs
    Hmmmm, 2 months.
    Anyone else wanna try and convince me this guy wasn't on the radar long enough to explain why they (the front office) really didn't try very hard to bring in the other DE FA's..... :

Allen 's deal includes some $31 million in guaranteed money and—most tellingly—no language beyond the norm regarding his behavior and team discipline, according to two league sources familiar with the pact.
    Hmm, I find that a bit strange.
    Regardless of how comfortable I felt, I still would have put the verbiage in.
    We tried very hard to sign players like Justin Smith and Odom, even Kearse.
    Unfortunately they all signed with the first teams they visited instead of giving us a chance.
    I think alot of us fans (I really wanted Odom for the LDE pos) were helping them get them in, but how many were actually brought in?

This staff has shown that if they want a guy, he comes here first and he never leaves (except Curtis).
    My guess is we had JA targeted the whole time (at least 2 months) and those guys were just smoke screens.
    They never came here because they never had a chance.
    They signed with the first team they visited, and didn't bother visiting other teams because they already got the deal they wanted.

Just like how Berrian never visited other teams, he got the deal he wanted here, and signed.

But don't kid yourself in thinking that the Vikings FO is almighty and can convince any player to stay, some players they bring in decide they'd rather go elsewhere (like curtis)
    Do you actually think I'm not aware of who went were, when they went there and what transpired?
    Comeon my friend.
    Have a bit of imagination here.....

If we would have wanted one of them, this staff would have got one of them in here.
    Truth be told, they made half hearted attempts (at best) to get even one of them here for a visit.

Think about it.......

Probably what happened:
    Agent:
    Hey Vikes, 49rs are offering $XXX.XX.
    You still want my guy to come in?
    Vikes:
    Naw, to much for our blood.

If we wanted him, what would have happened:
    Agent: Hey Vikes, 49rs are offering $XXX.XX.
    You still want my guy to come in?
    Vikes:
    Yes, I am sure we can do better than that.

Agent:
    49rs.
    Vikes say they still want us to come.
    Can you go higher?

Believe it or not, the agents have phones and just don't settle for the first offer unless the other team outbids the other team of interest.
    Again, take a look at who we brought in and what we pay them if we want them.
    Are any of our top tier FA's given a bargain basement offer or does the FO over pay/give top dollar.

Again, none of those cats were worth top dollar and we weren't gonna go as high as the other teams cause for 2 months (read the article again) we were after JA.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I was going crazy over Odom and the lack of concern over his (non) visit killed me. Could it be that the pros knew something, I, the rabid fan, did not? Most likely
    Tuco the world.....

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Aaaaaaah, You Must Have Focus, Young Grasshopper!!
    ;D

How much do you guys suppose it helps to have that many probowl level talented guys playing against each other every day at practice?
    I mean, if you practice against the best, shouldn't it raise your level of play?

McKinnie vs. Allen
    Hutch vs. Kevin W
    Birk vs. Pat W

With McKinnie trying to turn over a new leaf, Birk working for his next/last big contract, and Hutch getting even more comfortable in the system too...I'm expecting BIG things from the BIG Boys up front!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:

;D

How much do you guys suppose it helps to have that many probowl level talented guys playing against each other every day at practice?
    I mean, if you practice against the best, shouldn't it raise your level of play?

McKinnie vs. Allen
    Hutch vs. Kevin W
    Birk vs. Pat W

With McKinnie trying to turn over a new leaf, Birk working for his next/last big contract, and Hutch getting even more comfortable in the system too...I'm expecting BIG things from the BIG Boys up front!!
    That's a 200 million dollar battle right there.

"mountainviking" wrote:

;D

McKinnie vs. Allen
    Hutch vs. Kevin W
    Birk vs. Pat W

Good point!
    That battle can only improve both sides, might be a reason that Vikes rule both sides of the running game.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"mountainviking" wrote:
    ;D

McKinnie vs. Allen
    Hutch vs. Kevin W
    Birk vs. Pat W

now that's one of the best points i've read in a long time!!!
    I am sooooo happy that we did half heartly go for all those others when JA was in the sites and scope of our front office.
    This is another combination of Talent and character that seems to be building in our Teams mantra.

to add to that thought.

Tjack vs Sharper

AW + GR vs Rice-BB

and the real deal compitiation

the best run D vs the Best Run O

u really can't ask for better then that.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Thanks YaAll!!
    A bit off, but part of the new rush...

There's a little blurb at the bottom of the latest twincities.com blog...Childress comments on Ray Edward's injury...

“He looks like a million bucks,” Childress said.
    Phew!
    Good News!!
    I was starting to wonder why we hadn't heard anything about this in a while...and, well I've had back problems, and they can be devastating.
    Hope he's got the right stretches to keep it feeling good!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Thanks YaAll!!
    A bit off, but part of the new rush...

There's a little blurb at the bottom of the latest twincities.com blog...Childress comments on Ray Edward's injury...

“He looks like a million bucks,” Childress said.
    Phew!
    Good News!!
    I was starting to wonder why we hadn't heard anything about this in a while...and, well I've had back problems, and they can be devastating.
    Hope he's got the right stretches to keep it feeling good!
    That is great news as Edwards base salary is only $366,000, so he's looking 3 times better than his cost.
    Great ROI!
    ;D
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123