Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: "Who are you...and what did you do with Brad Johnson?"

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    ... But what concerns me is that the Vikings only road wins so far this year have come against Detroit and Green Bay. And I don't think Baltimore will be easy on the road at all.
    You forgot about the Jints, the biggest win of the year!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The game breaker for the Vikes was when they failed to score from the 4 yard line after the punt hit one of the Pittsburg players.
    Our defense played good enough to win. But the offense sucked!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    ... But what concerns me is that the Vikings only road wins so far this year have come against Detroit and Green Bay. And I don't think Baltimore will be easy on the road at all.
    You forgot about the Jints, the biggest win of the year!
    Good call, I can't believe I forgot that one. Definately the biggest win of the year and a season turning point.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

if you noticed johnson got hit while he was throwing the ball
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

"Caine" wrote:
    That's what I want to know. I'm not sure who that QB was today. He looked like Johnson. He wore Johnson's uniform. But he sure didn't play like him.

Turnovers in the red zone. Botched special teams. Missed chip-shot field goals...well, that's not so out of the ordinary.

Today was rife with all of the things that plagued us through the first 7 games. Johnson looked panicked, his throws were off target.

Caine
    That's what I was thinking. I am still a very big Johnson fan, but at least we can say this was unusual for Johnson and not the norm. He did look like a certain injured Vikings QB. But I still have great faith in him, and will remain a strong advocate for his position as our QB.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

He didn't look the same to me either. just throwing the ball down feild, but there was alot of pressure in his face and he is a vet. so he knows what to do and what is a mistake.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    .....My only real gripe is that Robinson touchdown that was ruled an incompletion. He had possession, both feet hit, that should have been 6. Who knows, that might have changed the course of the game.... Caine
    There was an article in the Trib about it but they removed it before I had a chance to read it.

Vikings: Were the refs wrong?
    Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription), MN - 8 hours ago
    During the first quarter of Sunday's game between the Vikings and the Steelers, a possible touchdown reception by Marcus Robinson of the Vikings was ruled ...
    IMO he had posession & lost it when he turned upfield, but he was already in the endzone when he caught it, so it should have been 6.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

when you have millions of offensive penalties, it is hard to keep the same rythym that has been winning us games. he did look a bit more flustered. we missed so many oppertunities. a botched FG, INT's in the endzone. on the shovel pass to Krob...i think that was a decent heads up play, but Krob wasn't looking at him... when they teach you basics, they tell you to always put your hands up--or is that in basketball. our defense played well and it is obvious our D has gotten much much better.

we only lost by 15... we could have been closer in this game if Mrob's TD was called right, and the Edinger would not have kicked it so low...

the game was giving me a heart attack in the first half...in the second half, i was falling asleep. Pitt is a boring team to watch.

Del Rio Guest

We definately had our chances. Their team played better football and won. The talent level was nothing we hadn't seen though. It makes it frustrating, but I still think we will finish strong.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The penalties definitely hurt us. The defense did a woderful job cnsidering the field position & turnovers we gave them.

Bottom line is Pittsburgh capitalized on our mistakes, we didn't on theirs & we failed to score in the "red zone".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast