Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Who would be our biggest loss?

"Mr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Jared Allen hands down.
    If we lose someone on offense, we still have our defense to keep us in games. If we lose Jared Allen our entire defense changes and all of a sudden the offense will HAVE to win some games.
    You must think Robinson really sucks, although in 2007 starting only 5 games and limited game time he managed 4.5 sacks and 20 solo tackle.
    In 2008 with no starts and very limited game time, managed 2.5 sacks and 7 solo tackles.
    He's also only been in the only league 2 years.

I'm not saying Robinson is as good as Allen, but Robinson is one heck of a player and IMO will be a starter if Edwards doesn't step it up.

Robinson also replace Allen against KC, and did a good job.

Thus, losing Allen would hurt but wouldn't be as catastrophic as you think.
    That's now how you spell his name, is it?
    No, it is Robison.

And my vote is Winfield.
    Winfield would be replaced by McCauley (made sure I got the spelling right), a drop off but McCauley is still a decent corner.
    I still contend going from a 6 time pro-bowler in Hutch to Hicks will still have a greater impact.

Remember, we are not talking about the importance of a player, we are talking the drop-off between the starter and the backup.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

This thread is a jinx. Close it NOW!

Seriously though, this is actually a pretty difficult question to answer. Right now, I'm leaning toward John Sullivan. I mean, sure, we don't even know if HE is that good, but can you imagine how weak everyone below him must be?

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

The SI article is correct AD is the MVP on the vikings team that was the gist of the article...that being said I understand CT is a more than capable backup but AD is MVP on most any team I hope the newest acquisition will be the biggest difference between 1st and 2nd string being Favre to whoever the 2nd string is....in other words I hope that is the kind of year we are about to witness that BF is head over heels better than Travaris/Sage...Im willing to put money on it, so was Zygi

Ranger is offline Coach

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Jared Allen hands down.
    If we lose someone on offense, we still have our defense to keep us in games. If we lose Jared Allen our entire defense changes and all of a sudden the offense will HAVE to win some games.
    You must think Robinson really sucks, although in 2007 starting only 5 games and limited game time he managed 4.5 sacks and 20 solo tackle.
    In 2008 with no starts and very limited game time, managed 2.5 sacks and 7 solo tackles.
    He's also only been in the only league 2 years.

I'm not saying Robinson is as good as Allen, but Robinson is one heck of a player and IMO will be a starter if Edwards doesn't step it up.

Robinson also replace Allen against KC, and did a good job.

Thus, losing Allen would hurt but wouldn't be as catastrophic as you think.
    That's now how you spell his name, is it?
    Yes, I screwed th spelling up.
    But since that is your only comment I take it you agree.
    I wasn't trying to nit-pick you, just wasn't sure if I was messed up the whole time or not.

Anyway, I still think Jared Allen is a tremendous upgrade over any DE on our roster.
    There's a bigger drop off from Allen to Robison than there is for Peterson to Taylor, to put it in perspective.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

My vote is for KWill.
    The pass d is suspect anyway, but if we lose part of the run d, it opens the door for opponents.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Madeiu, Allen, and KWill are probably the biggest crisis points...

But I would also include (assuming his production continues to increase) Shiancoe, in terms of what he can do versus other TEs.
    Obviously 'Sasser is a good blocking TE, but losing Shank would cost us a big piece of our Red Zone and 3rd-down productivity. I seriously doubt that other TEs coming off the bench could quickly take over his specific role.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I would vote Hutch as #1. We really cannot replace a pro bowl hall of fame guard with a scrub from the bench.

Then I would vote Winfield. As good as Griffin is, he cannot stop many #1 receivers and after him is it not so hot.

Third would be Allen. I agree with everything said about him in the topic for those who picked him.
    We're bringing purple back.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I gotta go with EJ or Greenway. Losing EJ hurt quite a bit last year and I think it would hurt our D to lose either of those guys during another one of their prime years.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Brzezinski.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I gotta say Chiller.

Without Chiller, who would hold back our Offense?
    Who would slow down Peterson?

Caine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast