Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who would eat more?

I'm just going crazy with no football.
    This is always the worst time for me; so close, but so far away.
    Anyway to lighten my mood and take us away from the constant Bret Favre talk I thought I'd ask this question.

So imagine you got to eat supper at Manny's with those four Vikings linemen, who do you think would eat more?
    Also, post any questions you would love to ask these guys if you got to sit down with them.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Re: Who would eat more?

I put my vote in for the young kid, they can always eat more.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I had to go with Phat Pat.
    It would cost a bundle to have them all over for a BBQ I bet.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I went with Bryant

Dude is a monster

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You forgot Rosie O'Donnell.. She'd put them all to shame.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Loadholt. He's as tall as McKinnie, but larger. Although it's not all about size... the fact can't be ignored that Phil Loadholt is from Colorado, when he's down at normal altitude he can eat more
    :P

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    You forgot Rosie O'Donnell.. She'd put them all to shame.
    You got me on that one, plus her massive body hair would turn their stomachs
    ;D

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Has to be Phat Pat.
    Just look at that man!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Has to be Phat Pat.
    Just look at that man!

=Z=
    I don't know, a gut is fuel, where muscle mass needs fuel. I'll take the 6'8" 340+ pounder with half the gut of the 6'3" 3** pounder.

I don't believe either of their listed weights for a second.

This reminded me of an old SI article.
    Here's a little sampling:

As it is imprudent to interrupt these guys when they are eating, so it is dangerous to stop them when they are talking about eating. So hear out [O-lineman Dave] Widell. "I used to be able to eat quite a bit," he says, modestly employing the past tense. "I'll tell you one little story.

"One of my high school buddies is named Steve Pinone. He's an assistant basketball coach at Villanova and played on the 1985 Villanova national championship basketball team. We used to go to an all-you-can-eat buffet called Custy's, in Rhode Island. We went with Steve's older brother John Pinone, who played for the Atlanta Hawks. We called the restaurant and said, 'Hey, we've got four or five guys who can really do some eating.' This place served filet mignon and lobster. We said, 'We're going to come in there and try to set a record. We're going to try to beat Andre he Giant's record for eating there.' Which was, like, 12 lobsters and 12 steaks. They said, 'Oh, don't worry about it. We're sure we'll be able to accommodate you.'

"We're all pretty big guys. The first thing we do is drink the water in the glasses and go fill them with melted butter. We start with he lobster tails. For a lobster to be an official eat, you had to eat he tail and the large claw. Steve had what we like to call a triple-double at Custy's, meaning he ate 21 lobsters, 12 filets mignons and five dozen assorted cocktail shrimp and baked stuffed shrimp. I had 18 or 19 lobsters and 11 steaks. As we were dunking our lobster tails in our glasses filled with butter, they finally stopped serving us lobster. We said, 'We warned you.' It was all you can eat for 521. You eat a couple lobsters, and you're putting them under. They closed that place down about two months later."
    There's another bit in there about a big NFL lineman that went to this special Duke weight loss clinic and gained 11 pounds.
    Just a great read.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast