Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    beavereater7 is offline Waterboy

Who wins the NFC North!

The Packers didn't do anything to improve this year and Farve can't carry the team anymore. The Pack can still score with Green & Farve, but the D is suspect big time. Especially in the 2ndary with Mckenzie bitching that he signed a $hitty contract and a rookie corner that got burned by every big play reciever in college they play last year.

The Bears have a new QB, a new coach, and a new system. Combine that with a weak D line and average running game and that equals a 8-8 season at best.

The Vikings have the most potential of winning the division. Winfield was a nice pick up for the secondary. But the questions here is whether or not they Choke again? Robinson was another nice pick up and the offense definitely poses the most threat in the division, the D has definitely got better. But we all know that the Queens cannot win when it counts.

The Lions sured up the O line with Woody & Loverne, the secondary with Bryant, Bly from last yr, and Brock Marion at Safety. The D line is solid as always. The only question is the rookies. 3 young linebackers, 2 young recievers, an unproven QB, and rookie RB. The lions have the most potential in years to come if Joey can produce. But Pinner will be explosive this year, this is the 2nd year under mooch (Best coach in the division), The recievers will open the running game and vise versa. If the young talent can gel the Lions will give the Vikings a run for the division this year! :bootyshake:

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Who wins the NFC North!

silly question on a vikings sight... of course we win the NFC this year!!! however we do have pack fans on here who say that they will win. I do however think its gonna be a close race this year.

Vikings
    Bears
    Packers
    Lions

with one or two games in between.

Who wins the NFC North!

Not sure if I made my pick clear, but I'm gonna say the Vikings start off strong and choke down the line & the Lions do the opposite and win the division.....

:cheers:

Who wins the NFC North!

hahahahaha.... I won't deny the fact that the Lions will be much improved this year... but they will NOT win the division!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Who wins the NFC North!

Oh good another troll has graced us with illogical
    reasoning, and crazy bantering.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Who wins the NFC North!

thats a bad thing? I thought we loved trolls! Gives me someone to laugh at, at least!

Who wins the NFC North!

"purplehorn" wrote:
    Oh good another troll has graced us with illogical
    reasoning, and crazy bantering.
    What part of my my post do you disagree with?

What has GreenBay really done to get better this year and they got lucky to win last year..

The Bears have another year or two before they do anything...

How many times have the Vikings choked when it counts? This goes back t Greens days going 14-2 and choking in the playoffs...

The Lions are unproven and young, but they are getting better fast and there have been 20 teams since the merger that have went from worst to first the following year... :thumbright:

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Who wins the NFC North!

If the lions finish at 500 it will be amazing.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Who wins the NFC North!

there is just NO WAY!!! haha... funny. Harrington is a good QB, but he is not in the same league as Daunte or Favre (yes I do hate the packers). They have made some good improvements this awful season... but considering that they were AWFUL last year... its gonna take a couple of years for them to be a contender to win the division.

Who wins the NFC North!

"purplehorn" wrote:
    If the lions finish at 500 it will be amazing.
    The Lions led the league last year in these two categories:

Tied for 1st with most injuries to active roster
    led league in games decided by 7 points or less

That was with a weak O-line, no secondary, no wide recievers (which allowed every team to play to run) and no run game.

This year the team is 100% healthy, has 2 deep threat recievers with a competent 3rd in Streets that will open up the run game. The RB by Committee with Pinner & Jones is going to give us a fresh & explosive run game. The Linebacker group got faster (but younger), and the secondary is almost shutdown with Bryant, Bly and Marion this year....

When I combine all that I see more than a 3 game improvement this year. To me it will be amazing if they don't make a serious run this year. The only way I see that happening is if Joey turns out to be a bust, but we will find out this year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast