Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    If he lacks accuracy, poise under pressure, and the ability to read defenses, he will bust. Who in this draft has those attributes ?
    If the answer is nobody then it would be foolish to waste an early pick on a QB.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    NFL Network is abuzz with the fact that there are not enough QBs available to all the teams who need to get QBs to develop. Couple that with the top QBs having both good and bad traits, with none being a Luck or RGIII, you have a potentially ugly QB draft. Most of these guys should be going in the 3rd round or later, but if you wait that long, there might not be any left.

As an example, Savage should NOT go earlier than the 5th round due to the question marks, but most analysts think, at this time, he will be drafted by someone in the SECOND.

If a GM and coach think a QB is a year away from being a stud, they had better get that guy in the first or early second, or chance are they will be shit out of luck.

Of course, this all might change tomorrow. This draft will be FULL of surprises.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I think there are plenty of QB's to go around. Just not many organizations that can identify or put them in a position to succeed.

The rare QB will succeed no matter what circumstance they are put in, but the majority of successful QB's were put in an environment that allowed them success.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think there are plenty of QB's to go around. Just not many organizations that can identify or put them in a position to succeed.

The rare QB will succeed no matter what circumstance they are put in, but the majority of successful QB's were put in an environment that allowed them success.
    Nice post! Spot on.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

who will be tha nxt franchise QB

Seen a lot of clips of David Fales he wouldn't be bad for a 3rd round pick

Paul Simpson is offline Waterboy
    My friend has a system, based on imperfect science that qbs will play like their name, Luck will be just fine but Ponder will be ponderous...based on this terrible science we should not pick David Fales

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    if speilman waste a high draft pick on a qb he is a bigger IDIOT THE CHILLY .CASSELL WILL BE FINE .DRAFT A GUY IN THE LATER ROUNDS AND D E V E L O P E HIM .COACH HIM UP...CASSELL IS A SAVY VET A GOOD MENTOR ..BORTLE BRIDGEWATER CARR ...I WOULD BE SURPRISE IF WE DRAFT ONE OF THESE GUYS AT 8 ...BUT IF YOU DO HE SHOULD BE UR STARTER ...AND IM NOT SURE THEY CAN DO THAT .

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Simpson View Post
    My friend has a system, based on imperfect science that qbs will play like their name, Luck will be just fine but Ponder will be ponderous...based on this terrible science we should not pick David Fales
    Lol.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Simpson View Post
    Of course we have "Turner" so perhaps "Fales" would be a positive instead of a negative.

--Scott

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    i said mettenberger before and still think ,he is spielman man ...strong arm ...has the size you like and played top competion...spielman like grabbing guys that drop in draft because of injury questions too ...i think if he makes past 40..and most teams grab their qb in the top of the second ..we will wait til 3rd and take him..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast